INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: support for active speakers  (Read 413 times)

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature request: support for active speakers
« on: March 08, 2020, 03:06:11 am »

Hi there,

I don't know where to address a feature request. The last feature request topic was part of the MC 26 development, which obviously is now history. Admins, please feel free to move this to an according place, which I unfortunatelly haven't found.

I propably belong to a rare breed of owners of a pair of active loud speakers. Instead of shutting down completely, mine switch into a sleep mode after not getting an audio signal for a few minutes. And vice versa, they activate themselves when getting an audio signal. Because of a precaution feature, the speakers first activate their power circuit and after one or two seconds they activate their audio circuit. So the first few seconds of music will not be heard, which also happens when the music starts very quietly, which my speakers will not recognise.

So, my feature request would be a support for those active speaker systems that need a wake-up signal. I can imagine this to be a not too loud loud tone of propably half a second that is send as an audio signal. Maybe the loudness and the length of that tone can be choosen by the customer, as there are different speaker systems out there. Also the time of system inactivity could propably be choosen, to tell MC when to activate the feature.

Thanks for reading!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature request: support for active speakers
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 08:27:53 am »

MC has an option to play leading silence.  It might solve this problem or part of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up