INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Debian 10.3 Master Licence wont install  (Read 623 times)

bassmann

• Recent member
Debian 10.3 Master Licence wont install
« on: March 14, 2020, 06:45:39 pm »

Hi there, I'm having trouble installing a master licence on a fresh install.

I have downloaded a new mjr key. Copied this to the users download directory and ran the following from the terminal (with correct user folder and license numbers).

mediacenter26 /RestoreFromFile /home/user/Downloads/"Media Center26 Master-YYYYYY.mjr"
mediacenter26 /RestoreFromFile "/home/user/Downloads/Media Center26 Master-YYYYYY.mjr"
mediacenter26 /RestoreFromFile ~/Downloads/"Media Center26 Master-YYYYYY.mjr"

Its worth noting that each time the command is run. MC26 opens. I assume this should not be happening? What should I try?

Setup is Debian 10.3 with XFCE desktop.
MC26 installed fine and opens
Nothing else installed, fresh setup
The machine has internet access

Thanks

bassmann

• Recent member
Re: Debian 10.3 Master Licence wont install
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 07:51:22 pm »

I worked out the issue was i was trying to install the key as a user. It works when I log in as root.
Now that MC26 registered it only shows this when i login as root. If a user logs in its unregistered.

Should this be happening?

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 09:22:58 am »

Did you install the JRiver License as root user? I had a similar problem with my docker container, because I set the home directory manually for things that should be persisted and other programs use a temporary home directory that will vanish on container restart.

The License is installed into the home directory JRiver sees. If you where logged in as root in your terminal when you installed the License. It would use the root users "home directory" (/root). When you then open JRiver. It would use your home directory and not see the license anymore.

Make sure you run the command as your user with $HOME set to the home directory you are using. You can make sure it is that with "echo $HOME" and you can also set the home directory in a command by running "exec env HOME=<your home directory> mediacenter26 /RestoreFromFile <mjr_file_path>".

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 03:24:47 pm »

To add to Max's observation, you should always install the license as the user under which MC will run.
You might have messed up the ownership of jriver's configuration in your user directory playing with root and sudo so that it can't write its config files.

bring up a terminal (as the user MC is running under) and do this:

Code: [Select]
chown -R `id -u` ~/.jriver
Note: the single quotes are backticks (on the ~ key).

If you get any errors then the ownership is messed up. Do the same command again with a sudo in front of it to get enough rights to change them.

Code: [Select]
sudo chown -R `id -u` ~/.jriver
Pages: [1]   Go Up