INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing songs into JRiver  (Read 2651 times)

bussboy

• Recent member
importing songs into JRiver
« on: March 17, 2020, 08:03:21 pm »

Hi, I imported 237 songs (don't remember the exact method) trying to get them in as just ONE album.  However, they ended up as 237 albums.  All of the songs are recorded by different artists.  Using MC 19 for Windows.  Please be as specific as you can in how I can place them into just one album?
Thanks,
bussboy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: importing songs into JRiver
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 09:06:57 pm »

Check the tags for Artist, Album, and Album Artist.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 11:28:39 pm »

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bussboy

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 07:52:21 pm »

Not sure what you mean by "check the tags".  If I interpret this to look at tags on each file Artist and Album it shows [Varies} by each file/song.  I do not see Album Artist.  Am I supposed to see Album Artist?  If so where is it?
Thanks

bussboy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:07:30 pm »

OK I see a bunch more tags.  What do I do with them?  Do I set them to something, what?  Still not sure what you mean by "check the tags".  Please explain!
Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up