INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 25.0.115 Fresh Install - Crash when importing library, both 64 and 32 bit  (Read 886 times)

DrQuinn69

• Recent member

First time posting as I have never had an issue with JRiver in all the years I've been using it. Just performed a fresh install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on an older I7-4790k. All drivers for Network, Video, Sound, etc. are the latest and greatest. All Win 10 updates have been performed. All other software runs fine with no issues. Have no other programs running while using JRiver.

I installed my registered version of JRiver 25.0.115 (both 64 and 32bit) and they both crash (JRiver closes, Windows ok) during the import of my library from a NAS. I have attached the logs hoping someone might have some advice. Thank you in advance.

R/Jim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try turning off Audio Analysis during import.  Try importing fewer files.

DrQuinn69

• Recent member

Thank you for your quick reply. Will try both suggestions and report back shortly.

DrQuinn69

• Recent member

Tried importing entire library with Audio Analysis Off and JRiver crashed. Tried importing a single folder of my library with Audio Analysis off and it crashed.  Attached latest JR logs. Would windows event logs be of help?

JimH

• Administrator

Antivirus?

DrQuinn69

• Recent member

No antivirus installed.

JimH

• Administrator

If you're using Win10, then you're running Windows Defender.  It must be configured:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114101.0.html

NAS drives can have problems of their own.  Here's one related to a failing hard disk:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124457.msg861933.html#msg861933

DrQuinn69

• Recent member

Windows 10 Pro 64bit is the OS (info is located in the System Info.txt log) . The NAS is fine, have 3 other PCs using JRiver that access it daily. The PC having the crash issue on import can access the NAS via windows as it is a mapped drive, can open and play files directly from the NAS via the same PC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Try turning building thumbnails off in the auto-import settings.

The last thing from your log was this:
0238297: 2460: Import: BuildThumbnails: Building: J:\JRiver Music\Alternative\Björk\1996 - Telegram\08 - Cover Me (Dillinja Mix).flac

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up