INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with shaky jremote-jriver handshake  (Read 520 times)

DavidD

Help with shaky jremote-jriver handshake
« on: April 19, 2020, 12:17:31 pm »

More often than not, my jremote on my IphoneXR fails to connect with my jriver program on my home computer. When it fails, I have to reenter the access key. Nine times out of ten, jremote still fails to connect. I check the error log and it says it is trying to connect but times out. Occasionally jremote does connect and works well for a while. But then it will crash 15-60 minutes later. (JRemote sometimes even disconnects while playing music...jriver keeps on playing but I have to use the computer to stop it.) Sometimes I also reboot the computer but this does not lift my "batting average." I have detected no pattern to help me diagnose the problem.  FWIW, JRiver runs just fine when I use it directly on the computer.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?   

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help with shaky jremote-jriver handshake
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 01:46:13 pm »

It's possible the server is sleeping.

DavidD

Re: Help with shaky jremote-jriver handshake
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 04:44:35 pm »

Having experimented a bit I can provide more detail...hopefully someone will recognize the symptoms.

If I start with an iPad that is not connected to Wifi and establish a connection, everything works.  After a while, however, JRemote no longer communicates with JRiver.  The only way to reestablish communication is to "forget the network" on my iPad and reestablish the Wifi connection.  This works nearly all the time.  I suspect some local network problem but I cannot pinpoint the source. Rebooting the modem and router did not help. 

Does anyone recognize these symptoms or have any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up