INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id Debian Linux Media Center 23 w/external USB Hard Drive  (Read 1470 times)

archd

• Recent member

Currently have Intel NUC 5i5RYH with BIOS (0367)... have Media Center 23 running latest updates.  Installed MC 23 from JRiver via USB kit operating Debian Linux.  Have been running this setup since Dec. 2017, with an external USB hard drive connected with ALL video/audio files being read from this device.

Problem is I'm getting "audio file location cannot be read only" when trying to implement change of how ALBUM COVER ART is read/retrieved.  Trying to use "Tools" option to reading album art contained in each audio folder as FOLDER.JPG.  When change is made and try save I get listed error and thus CANNOT make change.

You may be asking what changed?  I have spent much time manually correcting album art and thus saw via options menu how to implement this change/correction.

I have used WIN 10 PC to ensure ext drive is NOT read only.  I have used Id menu option 20 to ensure that ext USB drive is READ/WRITE attribute.  Have ensured all audio file directories have album artwork contain as "Folder.jpg".  Still get listed error when I try to save option change.

I have spent MANY hours trying to fix this on my own with absolutely no success.

Please help with detailed fix action/steps to take to clear this problem.

Thank you for your time.

-------------- Add'l comment since posting----------------------------

My additional troubleshooting has revealed the following:

With my external USB hard drive removed I get the same indication... "audio file location cannot be read only."  With the OS locked out to changes what/how is this happening?

Also, my album art work is being randomly changed to incorrect artwork.  I'm assuming this is being pulled from the internet which is not what I would like since I want to manually pull artwork from my ext drive.  I also have cleared/purged database and when repopulated this still occurs since I cannot make changes to MC due to reported error.

Thank you again for your time.

-------------- Add'l comment 5/02/20 since posting----------------------------

If I was to follow steps per, "Instructions: Upgrading the IdNUC Firmware / Bob," what repair image would I use?

With my Id having "Intel NUC 5i5RYH with BIOS (0367) / Media Center 23 with latest updates," would I use IdXrepair7 or IdXrepair8 for my configuration?

Awaiting your reply... thank you.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Id Debian Linux Media Center 23 w/external USB Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:45:19 pm »

Have you rebooted the Id after using option 20 from the Id main menu?

For updating the firmware, you'll want to use the latest image (IdXrepair8).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 09:26:45 am »

Make sure you make a library backup before remaking the Id. You can save the backup to the Id's /export/media and then pull it off from a PC or Mac my connecting to the InternalStorage share on the Id.

What format is the external drive you are using? How large is it??

Something is off if your Id isn't upgrading past MC23. That version should go all the way to MC26 when you update it.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 01:02:38 pm »

Thank you for your help and time!

External drive is 1TB, NTFS, with all flac audio files in CD quality... 44.1/16-bit.

Due to work schedule I'll be doing the IdXrepair8 update tonight (Thurs) or tomorrow (Friday) morning... I'll post results when completed.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 03:37:29 pm »

Due to my other other JR Id being down after license/code re-enter failure following firmware update I'm holding off on completing this update until I'm confident on procedures.  Wanting to get other issue(s) resolved with other Id first before going forward.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 03:41:24 pm »

Due to my other other JR Id being down after license/code re-enter failure following firmware update I'm holding off on completing this update.  I don't want both my Id's down at the same time.
What's the issue entering the license code?

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 04:16:47 pm »

Hello Bob,

I'm in a hole that is getting deep quick.  Some information that may be needed has been omitted due to public forum.  If needed please provide e-mail address for direct private communication.

I have two Id's, one a JR Id and one NUC Id.  The one completely built from JRiver is now down after updating firmware to MC22 and one built via purchased USB Id Kit running MC23.  I have been tying to update/upgrade both Id's to the latest MC26 since February.

But per this post, step #4, my JR Id I'm assuming can only be updated/upgraded to operate on version MC22 due to hardware.  If I'm wrong please advise.  I would like to get my JR Id operating on the highest most recent version of MC.

JR Id (NUC5CPYH - BIOS 0078 - Celeron CPU N3050@1.60GHz - 2GB RAM) Info/Status:
Currently down after updating firmware to Id:22.0.81 MC:22.0.112 Engen:1.0.69
Both license/code received have failed to activate JR Id via main menu option #18.  One from Feb. ending in UFJ62... one from May ending in AQ1Z2.

NUC Id (NUC 5i5RYH - BIOS 0384 - i5-5250U@1.60GHz - 16GB RAM) Info/Status:
Currently up and running, Id:22.0.81 MC:23.0.84 Engen 1.0.69, awaiting to update firmware to highest possible version.  Previous reply on other post advises that I use idXrepair8.img for update on my NUC Id.  I have license/code ending in DQJ04 received on May 02.

Office customer support states their involvement for resolving license/code registration has ended at this point and that I go to forum tech support for further involvement.

Can both versions of my Id's be upgraded to latest MC26?

Thanks for your help!

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 04:42:19 pm »

Bob,

Do you need both Id identifiers?  I didn't provide them in the public forum it if might be too much system info.

Do you need any screen shots?

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 04:43:24 pm »

Hello Bob,

I'm in a hole that is getting deep quick.  Some information that may be needed has been omitted due to public forum.  If needed please provide e-mail address for direct private communication.

I have two Id's, one a JR Id and one NUC Id.  The one completely built from JRiver is now down after updating firmware to MC22 and one built via purchased USB Id Kit running MC23.  I have been tying to update/upgrade both Id's to the latest MC26 since February.

But per this post, step #4, my JR Id I'm assuming can only be updated/upgraded to operate on version MC22 due to hardware.  If I'm wrong please advise.  I would like to get my JR Id operating on the highest most recent version of MC.

JR Id (NUC5CPYH - BIOS 0078 - Celeron CPU N3050@1.60GHz - 2GB RAM) Info/Status:
Currently down after updating firmware to Id:22.0.81 MC:22.0.112 Engen:1.0.69
Both license/code received have failed to activate JR Id via main menu option #18.  One from Feb. ending in UFJ62... one from May ending in AQ1Z2.

NUC Id (NUC 5i5RYH - BIOS 0384 - i5-5250U@1.60GHz - 16GB RAM) Info/Status:
Currently up and running, Id:22.0.81 MC:23.0.84 Engen 1.0.69, awaiting to update firmware to highest possible version.  Previous reply on other post advises that I use idXrepair8.img for update on my NUC Id.  I have license/code ending in DQJ04 received on May 02.

Office customer support states their involvement for resolving license/code registration has ended at this point and that I go to forum tech support for further involvement.

Can both versions of my Id's be upgraded to latest MC26?

Thanks for your help!
Yes, they can both use the latest repair image.
You can click on my name by the baseball icon and send me a private message through the forum for any non-public data like registration codes.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 04:45:13 pm »

Let's keep the back and forth in this thread or the PM's, it's too hard to keep track of when you post in two different threads.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 04:47:24 pm »

Understood... sorry for adding a hassle when trying to help.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 11:40:35 pm »

Success on JRiver Id... After advised that it would support latest MC I proceeded.

My JR Id was successfully updated using idXrepair8.img and using license/code received on May 06 ending in AQ1Z2.

During the firmware update I got "License installed successfully!"  When using "Help-Registration Info" form within MC it displayed Media Center registered to me using my complete full name.

One thing it did not do was update to MC26... the following is current operating system information:
Id:-xxxxxxxXBE89   Id:24.0.12  MC:25.0.50  Engen:1.0.69

Does the "Instructions: Upgrading the IdNUC Firmware" post require a new/different .img file to update JR Id's to MC26?  If successful upgrade I was expecting to see MC26 version.

I'll be upgrading my NUC Id based on i5 CPU next.

Thanks again for your help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 06:42:13 am »

Try the text menu, option 12.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 07:37:21 am »

Hey... we're on a roll!  Don't know why I didn't check for updates.  I normally do after a change.

Per main menu info:
Id:xxxxxxxxBE89  Id:24.0.16  MC:26.0.37  Engen:1.0.69
Allllllrighty then!

Per MC menu Help-Registration info:
JRiver Media Center Id 26.0.37
Registered to me with full complete name
Now we're cookin' with gas!

Next up my i5 NUC Id.

Thanks Jim!

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 09:53:36 am »

We be cruzin' on the Id's!!!  Now I'm two for two!  Below info is for my NUC Id via USB Id Kit.

Per main menu info:
Id:xxxxxxxx720C  Id:24.0.16  MC:26.0.37  Engen:1.0.69
It's good!

Registered to xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-0c  IdUSBKit
It's all good!

Thank you Bob and Jim!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 10:52:44 am »

We be cruzin' on the Id's!!!  Now I'm two for two!  Below info is for my NUC Id via USB Id Kit.

Per main menu info:
Id:xxxxxxxx720C  Id:24.0.16  MC:26.0.37  Engen:1.0.69
It's good!

Registered to xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-0c  IdUSBKit
It's all good!

Thank you Bob and Jim!
Excellent!
Good to hear you got it going!
Pages: [1]   Go Up