INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate Files Imported To Library  (Read 753 times)

teven

Duplicate Files Imported To Library
« on: April 29, 2020, 10:49:44 am »

I recently made a switch over to Linux from Windows. Loved Media Center for Windows and was ecstatic to see a linux version. I installed version 25 and the library import worked perfectly, then I went to install my key and realized you have to pay for a new key for linux. This is a little ridiculous but not my issue. So, I realized, if I have to buy a new key I might as well try out the new version, so I downloaded and installed the new version 26, and the most recent stable release. I go to import my library again and have had nothing but issues since. It imported my library 5 or 6 times and now I have a library full of duplicates of every single file. I goto clear my library and the program instantly freezes up and I have to xkill to be able to try again. Also since the library is now 500k + files, it is really struggling. So I uninstalled and went back to 25 and it works perfect. So i tried to install 26 again, but my library is automatically restored to the one with 5 to 6 duplicates of each file. So I'm stuck here. I want to just purchase version 25 and move on, but you cant. Also, you all should consider just an easy upgrade to a master license so I dont have to blow $120 especially since I no longer use the windows version, but like I said that's not my issue today. Any help removing all these duplicates or being to force clear or delete my library so I can try again would be greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Duplicate Files Imported To Library
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 11:10:09 am »

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 11:10:51 am »

What OS?

teven

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 12:16:43 pm »

Thanks for the link to upgrade. I searched that out on the site for an easy to way to upgrade, but it kept asking for full price. The link you sent however let me use my key to get the discount from a previous version. That is exactly what I needed. Now on to the actual problem, I am using Linux, which is where this is happening. For now though, I can use MediaCenter25 with my new master license, so not nearly as frustrated. Appreciate the help.

teven

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 01:41:06 pm »

I solved this issue. I uninstalled everything related the MC26 and manually deleted all the library files I could find for MC26, I then backed up my library that was working in MC25, installed MC26 from source in terminal and once opened, restored my library in the file menu. This seemed to do the trick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up