INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.32  (Read 16401 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote (iOS) 3.32
« on: May 01, 2020, 08:42:55 am »

JRemote (iOS) 3.32 has been released.

Changes in this build:

• Fixed local ALAC playback for files with large cover art.
  • Fixed issue with the # character in asset paths.
  • Removed noisy Waveform info from Metadata display.

Hopefully a comprehensive list of things still to be addressed:

• Video playback on non-mp4/m4a files past a certain duration will eventually stall when the buffering on the iOS device is full (depends on the speed of the server).
  • Themes and dark mode don't always play together nice.
  • Initial display of the scroll area should be top justified and appears to be centered.
  • Refresh information on playing now, in certain situations the displayed information can be stale.
  • Possible issues with the transcode switch saving (I haven't been able to duplicate this yet).
  • Crash on INITIAL connect a server (not a big one since for all subsequent connections it always works).
  • Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled.
  • Articles still being retrieved when the switch is off in JRemote. Crashing on trailing single quote.
  • Rotation of the playing now screen on 4.7" iPhones (where rotation is supposed to be disabled).

nobo

• Recent member
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.32 - fast scrubbing
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 11:36:46 am »

Great to see that the development of jremote continues - thanks a lot!!

There is one (for me) essential point which is still not working - fast scrubbing is still not possible.
The "Curser" shows the actual point of the current song, however moving to another section of the song is not possible.

I used the iPhone 6S and 11 under IOS 13.41 and JRiver 25.
With an iPad Air (IPadOS13.4.1) the scrubbing with -30 -60 and +30 +60 is also not working.

It would be great if you can  take the points to your taskboard.

Richee

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.32
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 02:50:21 pm »

Changes in this build:

• Removed noisy Waveform info from Metadata display.

Hopefully a comprehensive list of things still to be addressed:

• Video playback on non-mp4/m4a files past a certain duration will eventually stall when the buffering on the iOS device is full (depends on the speed of the server).
  • Themes and dark mode don't always play together nice.
  • Initial display of the scroll area should be top justified and appears to be centered.
  • Refresh information on playing now, in certain situations the displayed information can be stale.
  • Possible issues with the transcode switch saving (I haven't been able to duplicate this yet).[/li
    • Crash on INITIAL connect a server (not a big one since for all subsequent connections it always works).
    • Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled.
    • Rotation of the playing now screen on 4.7" iPhones (where rotation is supposed to be disabled).
The problem with the Transcode switch just got worse with JRemote 3.32 on iPhone 7. Now the Auto Connect to last server switch doesn't do anything. Always acts as if it is off. The wake page shows every time I restart JRemote. And changing any other switch does not stick after a JRemote restart. Even changing the theme to dark does not stick after restarting JRemote. But my old Ipad 2 works fine. My iPhone 7 is on IOS 13.4.1[/list]

HaWi

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 10:48:13 am »

I've been trying to stream JRiver Radio from JRemote on my iPhone so that I can listen to it when I drive but that doesn't seem to work. Is that not implemented? When I try, it plays on my iMac, not on my iPhone, even when I am on LTE.
Any help is highly appreciated!
cheers,
Hans
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 3830
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 9468
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 08:37:21 pm »

I've been trying to stream JRiver Radio from JRemote on my iPhone so that I can listen to it when I drive but that doesn't seem to work. Is that not implemented? When I try, it plays on my iMac, not on my iPhone, even when I am on LTE.
Any help is highly appreciated!
cheers,
Hans
As far as I know you can't stream it to any of the remotes yet, I'll check with Matt about the possibility of implementing that.

HaWi

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 10:01:16 pm »

Thanks Bob, that would be awesome. In the meantime Panel should work, right?
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 3830
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 9468
JRemote 3.43

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 11:31:33 pm »

As far as I know you can't stream it to any of the remotes yet, I'll check with Matt about the possibility of implementing that.
Swing that for us and I'll buy it for my wife's iPhone... She'll never use it, but I'll still buy it for her :D I would likely use it all the time, especially so if it also allowed us to play other users playlists...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 08:19:58 am »

Swing that for us and I'll buy it for my wife's iPhone... She'll never use it, but I'll still buy it for her :D I would likely use it all the time, especially so if it also allowed us to play other users playlists...
Hendrik says it should work though not very efficiently without the latest calls he added. I think I probably need to do some work with the zone handling.

HaWi

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 10:04:01 am »

Hendrik says it should work though not very efficiently without the latest calls he added. I think I probably need to do some work with the zone handling.
When I try to stream Radio when my iPhone is on LTE then playback starts in the current Zone on my iMac whereas if I play a Playlist it plays on my iPhone. I can't figure out how to set the output device when streaming.
Many thanks!
Hans
JRemote 3.43

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 12:31:41 pm »

The problem with the Transcode switch just got worse with JRemote 3.32 on iPhone 7. Now the Auto Connect to last server switch doesn't do anything. Always acts as if it is off. The wake page shows every time I restart JRemote. And changing any other switch does not stick after a JRemote restart. Even changing the theme to dark does not stick after restarting JRemote. But my old Ipad 2 works fine. My iPhone 7 is on IOS 13.4.1[/list]
    I don't think that's a JRemote change, I didn't touch that section of the code. It seems more likely to be an iOS 13.4.1 "change" that needs to be dealt with.

vagskal

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 07:14:35 am »

JRemote still crashes on startup for me. Maybe another strange character issue?

iPhone 11, iOS 13.4.1, JRemote 3.322, MC 26.0.63

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 10:12:42 am »

JRemote still crashes on startup for me. Maybe another strange character issue?

iPhone 11, iOS 13.4.1, JRemote 3.322, MC 26.0.63
    Can you check your Article list in MC's options and post it here? Thanks!
    Options->Tree and View->Sorting->Articles

vagskal

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 10:17:29 am »

Can you check your Article list in MC's options and post it here? Thanks!
    Options->Tree and View->Sorting->Articles

Here it is:
    a;an;the;th';ein;eine;das;der;die;el;il;la;las;le;los;-los lobos;-los angeles;un;une;de l';de la;des;du;l';la;le;les;-les paul;-les paul trio;-les baxter;-les brown;-les dudek;-les mccann;un;une;'til;"weird";...;-du & jag döden;';";*

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 10:56:32 am »

Here it is:
    a;an;the;th';ein;eine;das;der;die;el;il;la;las;le;los;-los lobos;-los angeles;un;une;de l';de la;des;du;l';la;le;les;-les paul;-les paul trio;-les baxter;-les brown;-les dudek;-les mccann;un;une;'til;"weird";...;-du & jag döden;';";*
    Since JRemote uses the articles now it's possible some of the punctuation in there is causing issues.
    You can either try turning off articles in JRemote (if it's set to auto-connect to the server you can turn off you wireless on the iDevice so that fails then disable articles) or remove the
    ' " * ... in the article list for testing.

vagskal

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 11:09:53 am »

Since JRemote uses the articles now it's possible some of the punctuation in there is causing issues.
    You can either try turning off articles in JRemote (if it's set to auto-connect to the server you can turn off you wireless on the iDevice so that fails then disable articles) or remove the
    ' " * ... in the article list for testing.

Thanks! It seems that Ignore articles in sort in JRemote was already turned off. Removing the last item (') in the article list in MC worked.

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 12:41:01 pm »

Thanks! It seems that Ignore articles in sort in JRemote was already turned off. Removing the last item (') in the article list in MC worked.
    Interesting, thanks for the feedback. This release was supposed to not try to get them from MC if the switch in JRemote was turned off. I'll check that.

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 12:46:28 pm »

Great to see that the development of jremote continues - thanks a lot!!

There is one (for me) essential point which is still not working - fast scrubbing is still not possible.
    The "Curser" shows the actual point of the current song, however moving to another section of the song is not possible.

I used the iPhone 6S and 11 under IOS 13.41 and JRiver 25.
    With an iPad Air (IPadOS13.4.1) the scrubbing with -30 -60 and +30 +60 is also not working.

It would be great if you can  take the points to your taskboard.
    Local playback or to a zone?
    Transcoding or not? If not, file format?

franswilco

• World Citizen
    « Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 01:32:38 pm »

Thank you for the update!  8)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
    « Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 03:24:41 pm »

I finally got around to verifying this - looks great! Thanks for fixing this one.

thorsten

• World Citizen
    « Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 05:56:50 pm »

Also thanks for the update and your time!

nobo

• Recent member
    « Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 01:24:24 am »

Local playback or to a zone?
    Transcoding or not? If not, file format?

Hi Bob,
    it is not working by playing to a zone - local playback ist working fine.

I use .flac and .mp3 files (Different resolutions) - both are affected. No transcoding.

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #21 on: May 08, 2020, 09:19:45 am »

Hi Bob,
    it is not working by playing to a zone - local playback ist working fine.

I use .flac and .mp3 files (Different resolutions) - both are affected. No transcoding.

OK, two more questions, are you playing to a zone on the MC machine itself or to a remove zone (DLNA renderer)?
    If it's a DLNA renderer, what are MC's DLNA server settings that apply to that zone?

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #22 on: May 08, 2020, 09:35:44 am »

Hi I am not sure if this is a JRemote 3.32 issue or something with the iPhone but I posted this earlier in case I put it in the wrong place:

I upgraded my phone yesterday and am now experience an issue with JREMOTE.

When I press the "Play" button and the music goes into "Pause" mode, after maybe twenty to sixty seconds the music "automagically" starts playing again without any intervention or input on my part.

When pressing the "Stop" button the music stops permanently until I start it up again.  I am using iOS 13.4.1 and the latest version of JREMOTE whatever that is.

Thank you for looking into this.

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #23 on: May 08, 2020, 10:02:34 am »

Hi I am not sure if this is a JRemote 3.32 issue or something with the iPhone but I posted this earlier in case I put it in the wrong place:

I upgraded my phone yesterday and am now experience an issue with JREMOTE.

When I press the "Play" button and the music goes into "Pause" mode, after maybe twenty to sixty seconds the music "automagically" starts playing again without any intervention or input on my part.

When pressing the "Stop" button the music stops permanently until I start it up again.  I am using iOS 13.4.1 and the latest version of JREMOTE whatever that is.

Thank you for looking into this.
    I notice this occasionally as well. I think it's an iOS change when the phone comes out of being locked and JRemote was paused.

nobo

• Recent member
    « Reply #24 on: May 08, 2020, 03:02:42 pm »

OK, two more questions, are you playing to a zone on the MC machine itself or to a remove zone (DLNA renderer)?
    If it's a DLNA renderer, what are MC's DLNA server settings that apply to that zone?

I am playing to a Network Streamer / All in One Player. A NAIM Superuniti.
    What are the DLNA server settings applying to that Zone ? Good question - how can I find out?

There is one DLNA Server configured - with Audio Mode Original.

jgreen8240

• Recent member
    « Reply #25 on: May 08, 2020, 03:09:43 pm »

Hi - I posted this as a new topic but think I should have just asked here. Running IOS 13.4.1 and the autoconnect to last server since updating to 3.32 doesn’t work on my iPhone X. Does work on my mini IPad still.

Appreciate any thoughts you have.

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #26 on: May 08, 2020, 03:39:09 pm »

Hi - I posted this as a new topic but think I should have just asked here. Running IOS 13.4.1 and the autoconnect to last server since updating to 3.32 doesn’t work on my iPhone X. Does work on my mini IPad still.

Appreciate any thoughts you have.
    Same version of iOS?

jgreen8240

• Recent member
    « Reply #27 on: May 08, 2020, 04:31:57 pm »

Same version of iOS?

Yes iOS 13.4.1 on both mini iPad and iPhone X. Thanks!

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #28 on: May 08, 2020, 04:53:39 pm »

I notice this occasionally as well. I think it's an iOS change when the phone comes out of being locked and JRemote was paused.

This happens without the iPhone ever going into the locked condition.  I have the screen timeout set for five minutes and still the player comes out of pause with the phone still in the unlocked situation.  Also, I just wanted you to be aware that the iPhone upgrade that I was referring to was not simply a software upgrade but I went from an iPhone 6 to this iPhone 11 Pro Max or whatever they call it.

No biggie.  I'll just hit the stop button instead of the pause button for the time being.

xeroian

• Recent member
    Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.32 and Hayley Williams
    « Reply #29 on: May 12, 2020, 11:51:12 am »

I thought that now the large artwork in ALAC problem had been fixed in 3.32 it would be safe to buy the new Hayley Williams album from HDtracks in that format.

Sadly I was wrong. The 96/24 album plays properly in JRiver 25 and in iTunes but not if I try to play it on my iPhone using JRemote. That way I get the familiar “Audio streaming error. There was a problem playing the current audio file”

As per usual if I use JRiver to covert the album to FLAC then JRemote plays it flawlessly. Let me know if I can assist you in solving this one.

Sammy

• Recent member
    • nothing more to say...
    « Reply #30 on: May 13, 2020, 09:18:26 pm »

I have to add servers by IP address because it seems that when doing so using the access key it always resolves to the external which of course is not accessible.  So I assume access codes are only for external access where you have allowed inbound traffic via your file wall. 

Then when I add a server (Version 24 on Raspberry Pi) no zones appear.  If I flick the app to unload it and start it again all is good when it connects to the server that has already been configured.  Easy to repeat I just delete the server add it again and this happens every time. 

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 09:51:30 am »

I have to add servers by IP address because it seems that when doing so using the access key it always resolves to the external which of course is not accessible.  So I assume access codes are only for external access where you have allowed inbound traffic via your file wall. 

Then when I add a server (Version 24 on Raspberry Pi) no zones appear.  If I flick the app to unload it and start it again all is good when it connects to the server that has already been configured.  Easy to repeat I just delete the server add it again and this happens every time.
    The access codes are for both inside and outside access. It should try the inside address first.

The initial add to the server list will either do nothing (iPad) or crash out (iPhone). The next time you run JRemote everything will be fine. This is a know issue and on the list of things to fix.

wer

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2020, 12:31:26 am »

Connect to last server on launch no longer works.

I get the server list every time I launch JRemote and it hasn't maintained the previous connection, even though the option is set.  Deleting and reinstalling JRemote doesn't help.

With this feature not working, is there a way to force it to always connect to a particular server?  Sick of having to pick from the server list.

Lastly, the app is no longer saving its settings when they are changed.  Change some settings, and when the app if force-quit or dropped from memory, you will find the changes are not there on re-launch. Add or remove servers from the list, that is saved. Settings are not, if you have already connected to a server. If you have not connected to a server yet, you can save settings.  Ipad Air, IOS 10.3.

Since the app store unfortunately does not allow downgrades, a fix would be most appreciated.  That's understating it, really.

jgreen8240

• Recent member
    « Reply #33 on: May 17, 2020, 09:16:39 am »

Connect to last server on launch no longer works.

I get the server list every time I launch JRemote and it hasn't maintained the previous connection, even though the option is set.  Deleting and reinstalling JRemote doesn't help.

With this feature not working, is there a way to force it to always connect to a particular server?  Sick of having to pick from the server list.

Lastly, the app is no longer saving its settings when they are changed.  Change some settings, and when the app if force-quit or dropped from memory, you will find the changes are not there on re-launch. Add or remove servers from the list, that is saved. Settings are not, if you have already connected to a server. If you have not connected to a server yet, you can save settings.  Ipad Air, IOS 10.3.

Since the app store unfortunately does not allow downgrades, a fix would be most appreciated.  That's understating it, really.

I have reported the same issue above on losing the server connection on my iPhone since the last JRemote  update. Still an issue and agree would be great if it could be fixed in a future update. Thanks

HaWi

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2020, 02:59:11 pm »

I have reported the same issue above on losing the server connection on my iPhone since the last JRemote  update. Still an issue and agree would be great if it could be fixed in a future update. Thanks
    Might this have something to do with the iOS version? On 13.4.1, what you describe is not an issue.
    JRemote 3.43

wer

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2020, 03:15:50 pm »

Anything's possible.  But it's an introduced issue, as it worked in the previous version of JRemote.  IOS 13 is not available for that device.  And such a feature should not be OS dependent.

HaWi

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2020, 03:17:48 pm »

Agreed. It should definitely be fixed.
    JRemote 3.43

Richee

• World Citizen
    « Reply #37 on: May 17, 2020, 03:28:15 pm »

Might this have something to do with the iOS version? On 13.4.1, what you describe is not an issue.
    I have the same problem with 2 newest versions of IOS, so if he is on IOS 10.3 I don't see how IOS is the problem. I am the 3rd report of this issue after last 1 or 2 JRemote updates. After installing 3.32 is none of the settings would stick.
    I was able to get changes in settings to stick by opening settings menu before I opened the server on my iPhone 7 with IOS 13.4.1.
    Unfortunately the Auto connect button still does nothing. It will show on but not Auto connect.
    Oddly I have an iPad 2 with IOS 9.3/JRemote 3.32 and it works fine.

wer

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2020, 03:36:37 pm »

The day after I upgraded my HTPC to 26.0.80 (Friday), JRemote developed this issue where it would crash instantly when connecting to the server. I upgraded JRemote to 3.32 as part of the effort to fix that problem.  It didn't fix it.  So now I have both problems instead of just one.

The only thing I can do to get JRemote to reconnect is to DISABLE authentication on the MC server, restart the MC server, then RE-ENABLE authentication (without changing the password), and then restart the MC server again.  Then JRemote can connect without crashing.

Unfortunately, that only works until JRemote is forced out of memory.  The next time the app has to restart and reconnect, I have to repeat.

I don't know if it's a JRemote issue or a 26.0.80 issue.  I have no alternative because IOS doesn't allow downgrades.

HaWi

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2020, 07:04:58 pm »

That is curious. I have an iPhoneX and an iPad Pro 9.7“, both on iOS 13.4.1 and I‘m running MC 26.0.80 on an iMac 5K (late 2015) and I don‘t have the problem. Even if I completely quit out of JRemote, the next time I start it up it is automatically connected to my iMac server. Is there any kind of diagnostic that we could provide to make this easier to fix?
    JRemote 3.43

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #40 on: May 18, 2020, 12:12:29 pm »

The day after I upgraded my HTPC to 26.0.80 (Friday), JRemote developed this issue where it would crash instantly when connecting to the server. I upgraded JRemote to 3.32 as part of the effort to fix that problem.  It didn't fix it.  So now I have both problems instead of just one. 

If you'd be willing to be a beta tester I can get crash logs from you when you install with testflight which would help nail down the crash.

The last few build of JRemote started pulling articles from the MC server for use in JRemote. It's ONLY supposed to happen if that option is on in JRemote's settings though there might be an issue with that.

There does still seem to be an issue with articles, I think MC might have messed up the default article list at some point.
    If you check your MC articles string (in Options) and you see " or ' you might try removing them. It's fixed the issue for other users.

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #41 on: May 18, 2020, 12:15:14 pm »

I'm not sure what's going on with the save options at this point. I've not been able to reproduce that even in the simulator and my array of hardware devices doesn't include ones that this appears to be an issue you.

If you don't mind losing your settings you might try removing JRemote from your device which will clear the saved settings then re-installing it from the App store. As noted above, a current issue is that the first connect work work right (iPad) or crash (iPhone) but subsequent runs of JRemote will work fine.

Feedback desired!
    Thanks.

wer

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2020, 12:42:39 pm »

If you don't mind losing your settings you might try removing JRemote from your device which will clear the saved settings then re-installing it from the App store. As noted above, a current issue is that the first connect work work right (iPad) or crash (iPhone) but subsequent runs of JRemote will work fine.

I've already done that a couple of times trying to resolve these issues.  The settings problem returns.

wer

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2020, 01:42:23 pm »

There does still seem to be an issue with articles, I think MC might have messed up the default article list at some point.
    If you check your MC articles string (in Options) and you see " or ' you might try removing them. It's fixed the issue for other users.

So I checked my articles list. It did have a couple of ' characters in there for French articles, so I sanitized it.

After a couple of quick tests, that seems to have had an effect, but I'm not ready to call this issue mitigated yet.  Give me some time please.  Also obviously it would be nice if the articles worked correctly as I do have some French music.

The settings problem remains, as does the issue of it always presenting the server list instead of reconnecting.

The not reconnecting is the more annoying of the non-crashing issues, since there is no work around, and I don't need to change settings except when reinstalling.  Would a log be of any use to you with this?

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #44 on: May 18, 2020, 02:46:46 pm »

So I checked my articles list. It did have a couple of ' characters in there for French articles, so I sanitized it.

After a couple of quick tests, that seems to have had an effect, but I'm not ready to call this issue mitigated yet.  Give me some time please.  Also obviously it would be nice if the articles worked correctly as I do have some French music.

The settings problem remains, as does the issue of it always presenting the server list instead of reconnecting.

The not reconnecting is the more annoying of the non-crashing issues, since there is no work around, and I don't need to change settings except when reinstalling.  Would a log be of any use to you with this?
    I'll try that exact device in the simulator first and if I still can't reproduce it get a log from you.
    The server settings are probably important to duplicate too.
    Do you have Authentication on or off and is read-only enabled with a password, without or completely disabled?

wer

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2020, 02:58:46 pm »

I think it extremely likely that authentication settings are somehow involved, as I described earlier I could provoke a behavior change by simply toggling authentication off/restart/on/restart which should have no net effect. There's something fishy there.

My normal mode is to have JRemote authenticate to the server.  I often rate tracks from JRemote so I need the authentication.  I never used a password for read only, and since I never used read only at all, I can't be sure if I traditionally had it set to everyone or disabled. (I've messed with it as part of the troubleshooting process.) Currently I have it disabled.

Let me know if you want me to send you a library backup so you can peruse all settings.

bob

• Administrator
    « Reply #46 on: May 18, 2020, 03:02:47 pm »

I think it extremely likely that authentication settings are somehow involved, as I described earlier I could provoke a behavior change by simply toggling authentication off/restart/on/restart which should have no net effect. There's something fishy there.

My normal mode is to have JRemote authenticate to the server.  I often rate tracks from JRemote so I need the authentication.  I never used a password for read only, and since I never used read only at all, I can't be sure if I traditionally had it set to everyone or disabled. (I've messed with it as part of the troubleshooting process.) Currently I have it disabled.

Let me know if you want me to send you a library backup so you can peruse all settings.
    There could be some issues with the Auth since it changes how JRemote connects. For example the disabled auth is a newish setting that JRemote may not be responding properly to. If you could temporarily set that to everyone and test that it could be helpful. Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
    • Where did I put my teeth?
    « Reply #47 on: May 19, 2020, 06:34:16 am »

wer,
    It's also possible that the authentication is a red herring and that there is something else causing trouble.  A flakey network connection, for example.

wer

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2020, 03:04:26 pm »

There could be some issues with the Auth since it changes how JRemote connects. For example the disabled auth is a newish setting that JRemote may not be responding properly to. If you could temporarily set that to everyone and test that it could be helpful. Thanks!

Thanks Bob.  I've done what you suggest and tested both ways.  The crashing occurs when ro_auth=everyone, as well as with ro_auth=disabled.  I'm currently testing with ro_auth=password but need some more time with that.

It's important to note that once the crashing starts, it happens 100% of the time, until I make a change to the auth settings.  Merely restarting the server has no effect.  If I make a change to auth settings, JRemote immediately reconnects on the next try.

So it goes like this:
    Crash, crash, crash
    Restart server
    Crash crash crash.
    Restart server
    Crash crash crash
    Change ro auth from disabled to everyone and restart server
    Launch JRemote, Connects
    (Eventually, app is removed from memory by IOS)
    Relaunch JRemote, crash crash crash
    Crash crash crash...

Or like this:
    Crash, crash, crash
    Restart server
    Crash crash crash.
    Restart server
    Crash crash crash
    Change ro auth from everyone to disabled and restart server
    Then immediately change ro auth from disabled back to everyone and restart server
    Launch JRemote, Connects
    (Eventually, app is removed from memory by IOS)
    Relaunch JRemote, crash crash crash
    Crash crash crash...

So there is something about CHANGING the server auth settings, even if the changes are reverted, that triggers different behavior.  Merely restarting the server, without changing the auth settings, does not affect the issue.

nobo

• Recent member
    « Reply #49 on: May 19, 2020, 03:09:47 pm »

I am playing to a Network Streamer / All in One Player. A NAIM Superuniti.
    What are the DLNA server settings applying to that Zone ? Good question - how can I find out?

There is one DLNA Server configured - with Audio Mode Original.

Hi Bob, any idea for this point?

Thanks, Nobo
    Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up