INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eiffel - Re: TV problems  (Read 1511 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Eiffel - Re: TV problems
« on: April 25, 2003, 06:41:41 am »

2. Some of the advanced TV configuration settings are not sticking (for instance resolutions, color space)

Resolution at 640 x 240 never sticks in either "Video Capture Pin..." or "Video Preview Pin...". Next time you check it shows up as 640 x 480. You can just ignore it by clicking Cancel instead of OK. Furthermore, recording resolution is set in you recording profile, and changing it in the "Video Capture Pin..." does not really have a effect.

Color Space setting should stick. If it does not, it is a driver problem (the property pages found on "Advanced Properties" are all displayed by driver).

3. The video in time shift mode is upside down (it wasn't a few builds ago). There seems to be a switch to correct for that... but it's disabled

Matt may be able to fix that.

I also had some problems with the deinterlacing filter (which sometimes refuses to work), and luckily found that deletting the TV setting entries in the registry would allow me to reset everything.

Deinterlacing does not work with all Color Space settings. You have to experiment with it.

With MC 9.0.160, there is also a Reset button. Try use it instead of deleting registry key. It will reset most (if not all) parameters.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Eiffel - TV problems
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 07:40:40 am »

Thanks for your detailed response!

So, just to make sure I understand... if the preview resolution setting is reset each time I open MC to 320*240, this has nothing to do with MC, and I should complain to the supplier of the WDM drivers, right?  ;D

Picture quality with deinterlacing/YUV2 and 720*480 preview is very nice... I hope I can make it the default somehow (I don't have enough horsepower for recording above 240*320 unfortunately)

Thanks for the reset button, it works great (and looking forward to the fix for the upside down video...)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 08:39:28 am »

So, just to make sure I understand... if the preview resolution setting is reset each time I open MC to 320*240, this has nothing to do with MC, and I should complain to the supplier of the WDM drivers, right?  ;D

Yes. However, with the exceptions of recording profile taking precedence over "Video Capture Pin", and the strange 640 x 240 to 640 x 480 mapping, they really all SHOULD stick, since I do save the settings in registry (once you have opened the dialogs and made your choices and pressed OK button) and use them the next time TV is started.

Picture quality with deinterlacing/YUV2 and 720*480 preview is very nice... I hope I can make it the default somehow (I don't have enough horsepower for recording above 240*320 unfortunately)

As I mentioned above, I do save the settings and use them when you start TV, you should be able to keep that resolution.

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 10:00:46 am »

To help me diagnose what's going on, could you tell me where in the registry do you save these settings (or how this is determined)?

(FYI, I'm using a FusionHDTV-I card which works great with MC9 in NTSC mode... No HD yet, but there's always MC10  ;) )

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2003, 12:30:30 pm »

Wow! What a great site (Fusion). Good info on HDTV standards. Here's the link.

Eiffel...do you have your card hooked to a ATI AIW? What's your setup?

10-27

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 12:39:08 pm »

To help me diagnose what's going on, could you tell me where in the registry do you save these settings (or how this is determined)?

Under TV Settings registry key, there are a few subkeys. MediaType and PreviewMediaType are the ones to look at.

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 02:30:17 pm »

For more info on the FusionHDTV card, check http://www.dvico.com/products_mul_hd.html or for another reseller, www.digitalconnection.com (better prices and great supporters of the HTPC world)

My setup is as follows:

Asus P4PE, with Celeron 2.0, OCed at 2.66GHz
Radeon LE (flashed to 7200)
FusionHDTV
AccessDTV
Maudio soundcard (+onboard sound)
All under XP

Overall it works pretty well (Still a few small things to iron out with MC and the NTSC drivers of the Fusion card, but not show stopper)

[bragging]How's that for a solution to do instant replay on HDTV feeds, while recording another -or the same- HD channel?[/bragging]
Pages: [1]   Go Up