INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA to Streamer: Gapless playback for DSD files  (Read 1173 times)

ajw1997

• Recent member
DLNA to Streamer: Gapless playback for DSD files
« on: May 10, 2020, 06:02:53 pm »

Hello,
I currently have JRiver installed in a container on my QNAP NAS.
I 'push' to an Oppo-105D.  Mostly using the JRemote. I have a lot of DSD multi-channel files.
As has been said often, the Oppo doesn't play gapless. This is OK for most music.  But not for a lot of classical.  And some rock/pop. 
The question is.  Is there a DLNA streamer that does work with JRiver, and does play gapless DSD (and other format) files?
And which doesn't break the bank.
Regards,
Andrew

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: DLNA to Streamer: Gapless playback for DSD files
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 02:42:12 am »

A good option might be the JRiver Id.

Cambridge Audio Network players have supported this for a few years now. Can be a bit pricey but you might be able to get a CXN (V1) within budget as they have been superceded by the V2.

ajw1997

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 05:56:34 am »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
As I already have the QNAP NAS, I don't believe I need the JRiver Id. 
But with respect to the Cambridge player...is that multi channel?  A quick look at it's website (https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxn) makes me think it is stereo only.
The only example of a multi-channel streamer I've come across is the exasound. But then you are talking serious money.

Regards,
Andrew

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 08:36:59 am »

Not actually sure re the multichannel, I have the same streaming module in my CXR receiver  and it can certainly decode multi but it may have some extras built in. I’ll see what I can find.

Also I think the CXNV1 could only play DSD from a USB connection but the V2 can stream it, however it decodes to PCM to process. Not sure if this is a deal breaker for you.

I believe the JRiver ID would act as a renderer for your QNAP, so the 2 would compliment each other. Again though I believe to play multi channel DSD it has to be HDMI connected, or at least that uses to be the case, may be different now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up