INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id Pi Crossfade Help Please  (Read 641 times)

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
Id Pi Crossfade Help Please
« on: May 17, 2020, 06:53:43 pm »

I set up a new Id Pi today, and I have a problem I cannot quite figure out.

I am running MC26 on a Mac mini as my server. I am playing music through the Id Pi using the zone that showed up automatically in MC26 on the Mac mini server.

The problem is that I cannot play tracks through the Id Pi with a crossfade. I can play music, but I have not been able to produce a crossfade after editing settings on both server and Id Pi. I see that there are issues with crossfade and DLNA, but I am too inexperienced to understand if I am going about this the wrong way or if there is some configuration of settings I have not stumbled upon.

Can someone please help?

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
Re: Id Pi Crossfade Help Please
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 12:41:15 pm »

I have 'solved' the crossfade issue with the Airfoil app made by Rogue Amoeba. I have been using this app extensively for years, and I had thought brining the IdPi into the system would see the retirement of Airfoil. However, Airfoil detects the IdPi and allows me to play to it. It's working well so far. The only thing is that I now wonder if the IdPi is the device I really need!

I am happy to hear thoughts about other approaches to solving my original crossfade problem. I am also interested in hearing thoughts about a device other than the IdPi to fit into my system, which now appears to be sorting itself out through trial and error.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Id Pi Crossfade Help Please
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 01:25:47 pm »

DLNA is file based, not stream based. It's possible you might get crossfade to work by turning it on the IdPi though. Give it a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up