INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: TitanTV Support  (Read 6097 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
NEW: TitanTV Support
« on: May 18, 2020, 08:09:08 am »

Starting with MC26.0.80, JRiver Media Center can use TitanTV's program info files to schedule TV recordings or start live TV playback.  It is not integration of the TitanTV guide in MC, but rather it lets users make use of the files generated by TitanTV. 

This new feature helps users who do not have an EPG option (such as MC2XML, XMLTV) set up in MC.  When you go to TitanTV's web site you can get your local TV lineup displayed.  You can click any program in their guide grid to show a popup window. 

On the popup, in addition to a program description, a Record icon is shown along with some other icons.  If the program you click is a currently showing one, a Play icon will also be displayed. 

If you click either the Record icon or the Play icon, TitanTV prompts you to save a program description file to your computer.  The files have extension .tvpi for recording, and .tvvi for live viewing. 

Please follow the instructions below to get MC to make use of these files.

• You must already have respective TV channels setup in MC.
  • Make a folder on your computer.
  • Set MC to auto import these files as playlists from the folder.  When setting up Auto import, choose Playlist > TitanTV Program Info (tvpi, tvvi).
  • Go to TitanTV web site.  Setup your own TV lineup and display it.
  • Choose a program by click the guide cell.  If it is a currently airing program, a "Play" icon will be displayed, along with a "Record" icon and some other icons, in a pop-up.  If the program is a future program, the "Play" icon will be missing.
  • Click either "Play" or "Record" icon.  You will be prompted to save a file on your computer.  The default file name is "Program.tvpi" for recording, or "Program.tvvi" for viewing live.  Save the file in the folder you created in step 2 and had MC watching in step 3.
  • Once the file is saved, MC will pick it up and use the info in the file to either run TV tuner for viewing, or schedule to record the program. Once MC finishes using the file, it will delete it.

Known issues:

So far only one.  If MC is busy playing a Video or a TV channel, auto import may not kick in immediately.  If you find a show is not scheduled in MC after you save a .tvpi file in the watched folder, or if live TV does not start after a few seconds after you save a .tvvi file, you can just go to File > Library > Import... and choose "Run auto import now" to force an import.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

MrGadget

• Recent member
Re: NEW: TitanTV Support
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 02:51:02 pm »

I have tried to get this to work on 2 different machines and the only thing that happens is the program.tvpi is seen, nothing happens, and the tvpi file is deleted.  Any suggestions on how to find out what is actually going on?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 04:06:39 pm »

I have tried to get this to work on 2 different machines and the only thing that happens is the program.tvpi is seen, nothing happens, and the tvpi file is deleted.  Any suggestions on how to find out what is actually going on?

Make sure you have the corresponding channel in MC's database.

Are you using the latest version (26.0.90)?  You need that version to ensure that it works correctly, as there is this change in build 88:

Changed: When matching TitanTV TV channels with ATSC channels in MC, we use relaxed matching criteria because TitanTV uses outdated physical channel number on some channels.

TitanTV's ATSC channel data is sometimes outdated, so MC build 80 would not find a match.

MrGadget

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 03:07:10 pm »

Make sure you have the corresponding channel in MC's database.

Are you using the latest version (26.0.90)?  You need that version to ensure that it works correctly, as there is this change in build 88:

TitanTV's ATSC channel data is sometimes outdated, so MC build 80 would not find a match.

Yaobing, Thanks for the quick response. I was indeed on build 80. As soon as I switched from "stable" to "latest" I got build 90 and everything is working as it should.  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 08:31:26 am »

Split Perc Data

suesteve1

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 09:57:41 am »

To get tv guide in jr media center. 1 go to titantv and sign up.  2 in the firefox browser at top right click and add menu bar. 3  go to tools top left. 4 click on page info.  5  click on security top icon. 6  click on view certificate on the right. 7 scroll down page to miscellaneous and click on PEM (cert). 8  copy the who thing leaving out begin and end.  9  Now open jrmedia center go to tools tv and load program guide. 10  click add on bottom and pick mc2xml. 11  click next on bottom then in data source pick titantv usa only. 12 then in titan tv id right click and paste certificate. all done should work. good luck

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 01:32:52 pm »

To get tv guide in jr media center. 1 go to titantv and sign up.  2 in the firefox browser at top right click and add menu bar. 3  go to tools top left. 4 click on page info.  5  click on security top icon. 6  click on view certificate on the right. 7 scroll down page to miscellaneous and click on PEM (cert). 8  copy the who thing leaving out begin and end.  9  Now open jrmedia center go to tools tv and load program guide. 10  click add on bottom and pick mc2xml. 11  click next on bottom then in data source pick titantv usa only. 12 then in titan tv id right click and paste certificate. all done should work. good luck

Thanks for posting the information.

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2023, 07:18:56 pm »

Are those steps still valid ? I can't get the TitanTV guide support to work.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2023, 09:36:53 am »

Firefox steps are not the same, but I got the PEM (cert) by clicking the "padlock" icon up in the address bar > connection secure > more information > view certificate > click PEM (cert) > file will download > open with notepad > copy string only > paste into MC.....

But it did not produce any guide info in MC for me. I think the only way for this to work was to have your OLD titantv "password", which they stopped providing years ago. I never had one.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 01:34:12 pm »

Are those steps still valid ? I can't get the TitanTV guide support to work.

Those steps were posted by a user.  I did not verify it.  So my answer is "I don't know".
Pages: [1]   Go Up