INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.159 available here  (Read 3905 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.159 available here
« on: April 23, 2003, 02:59:37 pm »

Media Center 9.0.159 is available.      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90159.exe

History

1. Fixed: If TV playback was started from Start TV button, TV tuner was displaying first channel instead of last used one.
2. Fixed: DSP Effects plugin wouldn't gracefully handle the fact that it can only process one or two channel sound.
3. Changed: Increased compression speed in Media Server.
4. Fixed: Connected TiVo MP3 conversion controls.
5. Changed: Hairstyle understands decimals in XML rectangles / positions.
6. Changed: Several Hairstyle XML changes -- now at version 1.5.
7. NEW: Added "Text" object to Hairstyle to allow context-sensitive text to be displayed.
8. Fixed: CD burn capacity in the "Send To" target is now correct.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.0.159 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 03:15:23 pm »

See the following separate threads:

Build 159: Streaming Problems

Build 159: Problems Playing Video Files & Media Server Problems

Marko

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 03:20:12 pm »

asf/asx radio stream problems....

Trying to connect to http://62.25.96.7:80/rrs/ results in a "Directshow: Interface not registered" error.
Checked via wmp and the stream is active.

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 03:24:29 pm »

Dumb question, but how does "Increased compression speed in Media Server" translate into performance attributes?

HTH

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 03:26:31 pm »

The server compresses the library before it sends it to MC.  Speed was an issue with large libraries.  MC would get tired of waiting and go for a smoke.

Problem may be solved, but it won't affect anything other than whether MC manages to load the remote library.

Morac

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 03:41:09 pm »

I upgraded to 159 from and older version (147 or 148 I think) and noticed that some old PCM format .wav files that played fine previously sounded very loud and had lots of static.  Other PCM format .wav files played fine.

I checked and any .wav file encoded with an 8-bit (or anything other that 16-bit) sample size will have this problem.  Most likely because it is being treated as if it has a 16-bit sample size.
16-bit sample size .wav files sound fine.

Once again lame.exe has no problem converting the 8-bit .wav files so they sound correct.

Not a large problem since 8-bit .wav files are not very prevalent, but still a bug that didn't used to exist.

Full stats below.
-------------------
Played fine:
Bit Rate 176 kpbs
Audio sample size: 16 bit
Channels: 1 (mono)
Audio sample rate: 11 kHz
Audio format: PCM

Loud and Staticy:
Bit Rate 176 kpbs
Audio sample size: 8 bit
Channels: 1 (mono)
Audio sample rate: 22 kHz
Audio format: PCM

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 03:53:01 pm »

Wow!  Two builds in one day?!  You guys are working like mad.  

RemyJ

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 04:49:09 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/04/22  Priority: High
    Video track changes cause MC to come to the foreground.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/04/22  Priority: High
    The undrawn portions of the video display window capture images from other windows.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/04/22  Priority: High
    FF and REW keyboard shortcuts no longer work for for video.  If you press and release CTRL-LEFT and CTRL-RIGHT, the picture stutters but doesn't seek.  If you hold CTRL-LEFT and CTRL-RIGHT the picture freezes.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/03/20  Priority: Low
    Connecting to a media server seems unusually slow.  20 seconds on my local network.  Most of the wait time is after the library is retrieved.  There doesn't seem to be any network or CPU activity during this time

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/04/11  Priority: High
    The External Tools facility is only processing the [FILENAME] tag and it's automatically putting double quotes around the replaced text.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 05:21:12 pm »

I loaded this release (I was running the version from yesterday)and when I try and start it I get a message

"Media Center failed to load any library. This is a critical error, and the program must stop running. Please re-install the latest version"

So I went ahead and reloaded this version, but I get the same message on startup. I then did a full uninstall, followed by a fresh install. That seems to have solved the problem except that I now have to start over and import all my files back into media center...

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 05:40:31 pm »

I get a "Media Jukebox (NOT Media Center) has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" error message when attempting to disable the automatic start for Media Server in "options". I can change anything else. I was (with the last build) getting that same error message when downloading from Emusic with "Import Downloaded" selected, whether MC9 was running or not and whenever I closed MC9. Those last two seem to be fixed.
DM still isn't "importing downloaded" from Emusic but is from AllofMP3.

CVIII

Media Center Registered 9.0.159 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Celeron 533 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 148 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1019) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive M:          40X12X48 CD-RW     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
[/size]
That's right.
I'm cool.

gkerber

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2003, 06:11:51 pm »

Does this version add the new sticky/default sort order feature?

Does this version (or an upcoming future version) have any fixes for the cd burner problems?

How do we know which cd burners are supported?

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2003, 06:16:33 pm »

I loaded this release (I was running the version from yesterday)and when I try and start it I get a message

"Media Center failed to load any library. This is a critical error, and the program must stop running. Please re-install the latest version"

So I went ahead and reloaded this version, but I get the same message on startup. I then did a full uninstall, followed by a fresh install. That seems to have solved the problem except that I now have to start over and import all my files back into media center...

Well, I see a bad pattern here. My computer crashed while syncing files to my ipod. When the system came media center again failed to start with the same error message.

Here I go again...

ZRocker

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2003, 06:21:42 pm »

Bugs:
1. 'Play' is lost (not restored after an MC restart) from the right-click menu's history items (3 items at the top of the menu).  Choose Play > Play from the right-click menu and it's there next time (in history).  Exit MC and restart and it's gone (from the history list).

2. Bitrate is not formatted for some video files (displays as 30382887 for example).

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2003, 06:34:02 pm »

Dumb question, but how does "Increased compression speed in Media Server" translate into performance attributes?

Compression takes half the time, the resulting file is about 10 percent larger.

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2003, 06:36:11 pm »

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/03/20  Priority: Low
    Connecting to a media server seems unusually slow.  20 seconds on my local network.  Most of the wait time is after the library is retrieved.  There doesn't seem to be any network or CPU activity during this time

Nice! But you should've seen CPU activity (it was compressing the library files).

j

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2003, 04:08:25 am »

Bug: Let MC connect to a remote media server.  Quit MC by pressing the "X" button on the main window while the "Downloading" dialog is in the "Connecting..." state.  You will get a dialog saying that a package could not be installed and that "more info:  Failed to unzip file ...".

Bug: When audio analysis is running, the rest of Media Center refuses to accept keyboard input.  I can't search for anything while audio analysis is running, for example, because I can't type anything into the search field.  I can't use keyboard shortcuts like ctrl-S or ctrl-P.  This is only when the audio analyzer is actually running.  If I stop it but leave the analysis window open everything works like it should.  This is very annoying.

Performance: Scrolling is much slower using the PixOS theme compared to running without themes.  If I tried to scroll an entire page down, the contents of the playlist was blitted/copied step by step upwards but no new information was filled in until all the old information was gone, leaving only a few pixels from lines that were not completely cleared when the old information moved up.  Then the new lines in the playlist were finally filled in.  This behaviour is very annoying, but now that I disabled skins, new information is filled in incrementally when I scroll just like I would expect it to do.  (It's a bit hard to explain this but I hope you'll understand what I mean.)

Cosmetics: If I set the system to use large fonts, then the left-hand column of icons and text in the options dialog is too narrow to display all the text, and the space between icons is not tall enough.  I get "File ssociation" and "File Naming &", for example.  This should probably be fixed before the release since it looks quite unpolished.

Cosmetics: I'm running MediaCenter with the PixOS skin.  If I bring up the Audio Analysis tool, its window is skinned.  If I shrink it, I get a plain Windows 2000 "collapsed" window title bar (even if I run it under XP).  That it isn't skinned is not a major problem, but if I click somewhere close to the minimize/close buttons the skinned orange/red minimize/close buttons suddenly turn up.  Not a major bug, but it does make a bad impression:  

Cosmetics: Options / General.  The items in Behavior overflow the subpanel so that "Start playing when files..." overwrites the bottom border of the panel.  PixOS theme, using large fonts.

Request: There should be a way to analyze audio without setting the BPM field, since the BPM calculator often does not give the right answer.  If I have music where I have already calculated BPM using another program, and I want to analyze replay gain, I have to create a new field, copy the old BPM values there, run audio analysis, and then copy the old correct values back into the BPM field.

RMB

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2003, 05:37:43 am »

Should I regularly remind you that since version 147, MC crashes my PC when I try to initialise watching TV ?
(As per separate thread)

I have proved this by reverting to version 146 which works fine, with no other changes.  I am using the latest recommended drivers from ATI for my system, and te ATI software works fine.
RMB

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2003, 07:26:19 am »

Jonas

Performance: Scrolling is much slower using the PixOS theme compared to running without themes.  If I tried to scroll an entire page down, the contents of the playlist was blitted/copied step by step upwards but no new information was filled in until all the old information was gone, leaving only a few pixels from lines that were not completely cleared when the old information moved up.  Then the new lines in the playlist were finally filled in.  This behaviour is very annoying, but now that I disabled skins, new information is filled in incrementally when I scroll just like I would expect it to do.  (It's a bit hard to explain this but I hope you'll understand what I mean.)  

Do you have gridlines enabled? Having gridlines enabled causes this behavior.

px2so

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2003, 07:31:44 am »

Thanks so much for fixing non-unicode song titles on 9.0.158 :).

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2003, 07:35:00 am »

• I thought this was gone, but it's not.

MC prompts for a Proxy Server login when accessing a Media Server. It doesn't ask for a login when I download plugins\skins, etc. And it doesn't remember the login information I give it, even though I check the Save Password box. The media server I'm connecting to requires a login. The proxy login box is trying to use the login information from the media server.

• Is it just my system, or did 159's setup use the old MJ icon in the taskbar again?

• Thumbnail selection bug is still there.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2003, 08:06:13 am »

Open - Date Opened: 2003/04/11  Priority: High
The External Tools facility is only processing the [FILENAME] tag and it's automatically putting double quotes around the replaced text.

[FILENAME] is the only keyword there is.  And I think the double-quotes are necessary, or else long filenames will goof everything up.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2003, 08:42:21 am »

A few minor things (none is a real showstopper)

1. The Menu key to switch between HS and full screen no longer works very reliably (a week ago it worked perfectly...). For instance, when I start in full screen, I can't always go into HS (and -sometimes- have to wait a few seconds for the command to work)

2. Some of the advanced TV configuration settings are not sticking (for instance resolutions, color space)

3. The video in time shift mode is upside down (it wasn't a few builds ago). There seems to be a switch to correct for that... but it's disabled

I also had some problems with the deinterlacing filter (which sometimes refuses to work), and luckily found that deletting the TV setting entries in the registry would allow me to reset everything.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2003, 08:52:39 am »

CD section can grind MC to a snail's pace.

I fired up MC and clicked on "CD, DVD & Handhelds", then my burner drive E which did not have a disk in it.

From that point on MC took seconds to display the screen and respond to any task like like click on a menu item.

Looks like a thread or something was started as from that point MC continually used 3% of my CPU while I was doing nothing.

Also are you going to fix the "preserve playlist after a burn" issue that we keep mentioning?

Media Center Registered 9.0.159 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2542 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-32123S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2003, 10:34:30 am »

Bug?:
I have a problem with 'Library Tools\Rename Files From Properties'. The rule i used for the filename was
[ARTIST]-[ALBUM]-[TRACK#]-[NAME].

After using it my file had a name of e.g.
'Pat Travers-Blues Tracks-[TRACK#]-[NAME]'
instead of
'Pat Travers-Blues Tracks-01-Memory Pain'.

I figured out why this had happened. Using the options dialog 'configure library fields' I had changed the display of the library fields for 'Track #' and 'Name' to simply '#' and Title'.
So i tried to rename the files again now using the rule
'[ARTIST]-[ALBUM]-
  • -[Title]'
    and it worked correctly naming the file as it should be!

Since i changed only the display of the library fields it shouldn't  have any influences on the filename rule. I don't know if you itended this but it's a bug in my opinion.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2003, 11:40:21 am »

Should I regularly remind you that since version 147, MC crashes my PC when I try to initialise watching TV ?
(As per separate thread)

I have proved this by reverting to version 146 which works fine, with no other changes.  I am using the latest recommended drivers from ATI for my system, and te ATI software works fine.

I am working on it. Thanks for identify specific versions so I have some idea what may have triggered the problem.

Not that I am trying to evade resposibility  ;), it still could well be an ATI driver bug. It's only that the new stuff that I added after MC 146 stumbles upon it. Be assured that if it is my bug, I will fix it, and if it is an ATI bug, I will try finding a work around.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2003, 12:10:24 pm »

Chili-Jam:

Maybe this part of code is already set for multilingual MC?, which hopefully will come up sooner than later!

If you had then your MC set to German or French, wouldn't you want to have the rules set in your own language instead of plain English?

This really goes in favour of the programmers, who wisely anticipated things to come! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up