INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ9 bug playing from playlist; error messages  (Read 714 times)

jason808

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJ9 bug playing from playlist; error messages
« on: April 23, 2003, 07:10:41 pm »

This problem started on MJ8 and continued after updating to MJ(

i'm running MJ9 in win98se and am getting an error message. But first; i've been running MJ7 for a while without any flaws. I upgraded to MJ9 cuz I added a nike mp3 player and MJ8 was able to recognize the hardware on my system. Then I upgraded my burner to a buffered generic and was having probs with certain files playing at an unusually high speed after recording them. So when I checked for updates it suggested MJ9 and I loaded it. That corrected the last problem, but the playback error still persists.

what happens is I play a playlist and at some random spot between tracks the player stops and displays an error message, you click "OK" and the box returns three times, then it is follow by the second message. All the features that I use in MJ work fine and when I check the options everything is set properly.

the error messages are:

There was an error starting playback.

Make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in Media Jukebox's playback options.

(double check the output mode, output device, and output bitdepth)

this box appears 3x then:

warning

media center encounters error while trying to play the last several files.

Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location.

I hope this can be fixed with a simple option adjustment or patch, because aside from this problem MJ works great and I would hate to have to replace the app since I've learned all of its features.

any suggestions would be appreciated

later J :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up