INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZRatings v3.2 released  (Read 16788 times)

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: ZRatings v3.2 released (previously called MCRatings)
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2021, 08:08:30 am »

No apology?

Of course not, otherwise they wouldn't have time for anything else  ;D
To be fair, any software has bugs - these are the typical ones on any antivirus. Though I feel ML/AI is not really helping their cause (yet?). It feels like AV companies are losing the war and resorting to desperate measures :-/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2021, 08:22:20 am »

Of course not, otherwise they wouldn't have time for anything else  ;D
To be fair, any software has bugs - these are the typical ones on any antivirus. Though I feel ML/AI is not really helping their cause (yet?). It feels like AV companies are losing the war and resorting to desperate measures :-/
I think guessing has long been part of their strategy. 

I'll shut up now.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2022, 06:26:24 pm »

I just found ZRatings and feel like I've been missing out on a lot!  I had to download the exe on my mac, set a non-Defender directory on my Windows PC, then FTP it to that directory, but I finally was able to get around the Defender stuff (even Google Drive flagged it, fyi).

I was hoping to use it to better organize my movie collection by language.  I noticed that a lot of times when I import a French movie, Get Movie & TV Info will bring back the English title and if I'm not paying attention, I just accept it.  So I was hoping to pull a list of French and Spanish movies to re-tag them better.  However, I noticed that the data coming back puts multiple languages on films that I don't think it should.  Here's an example:

The International:  https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/4959-the-international

Original Language: English

But in ZRatings it pulls back German, French, English, Italian and Russian.  I checked in settings and I have TMDB selected for the language field.  If I manually pull the API for TMDB: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key={api_key}&query=The+International.  The first result is:

Code: [Select]
"results": [{
"adult": false,
"backdrop_path": "/fTM8ZJL23nvFLshLUN3SdSrTFsi.jpg",
"genre_ids": [28, 53, 18, 80],
"id": 4959,
"original_language": "en",
"original_title": "The International",

If I change it to OMDB and do this one movie it populates English, Italian, French and Danish, which matches what IMDB shows: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963178/

Is there something I'm missing to get the "original language" pulled back?  Thanks for this great tool!

EDIT:  I see that you're getting it from the movie API in the spoken_languages section (https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/4959?api_key={api_key}https://github.com/zybexXL/MCRatings/blob/7125c5a55d5cbfbc7197a0b9ea5bb5779d62e1ec/MCRatings/TMDb/TMDbMovie.cs).  Could we get another field that shows the "original language"?  That could make it easier to categorize French, Spanish, etc movies.  I'm not knowledgeable enough at c# to figure that out.  Thanks!

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2022, 04:52:28 pm »

Hi Hoyt, glad you like it. Your new year's request is granted :)

I've published v3.4.2 with these changes:
- Add TMDB field 'Original Language'
- Rename 'Language' to 'Spoken Language'
- Automatically create missing MC fields (asks first)

You can autoupgrade from within ZRatings, just click the Help/About button on the bottom corner. It's better if you exclude ZRating's folder in Defender settings (file/folder exclusions). You can also temporarily disable Defender to allow you to download/upgrade ZR.

The data from OMDB is scraped from IMDB, while TMDB is crowdsourced. You can also contribute to TMDB by adding info to movies and fixing mistakes - then ZRatings should pick up your edits as well. [note: you may need to bypass ZR's cache to force it to get the new info]

Regarding languages, OMDB only has the Languages (spoken?) and Countries (production?):
"Language":"English, Italian, French, Danish",
"Country":"United States, Germany, United Kingdom, France",

TMDB has both a main "Original Language" and "Spoken Languages", and also a list of Production Countries. The list of Languages and Countries is supposed to be ordered by their importance in the movie, but since the data is edited by anyone... sometimes national pride wins  ::)
  "original_language": "en",
  "production_countries": [
    {
      "iso_3166_1": "DE",
      "name": "Germany"
    },
    {
      "iso_3166_1": "GB",
      "name": "United Kingdom"
    },
    {
      "iso_3166_1": "US",
      "name": "United States of America"
    }
  ],
  "spoken_languages": [
    {
      "iso_639_1": "de",
      "name": "Deutsch"
    },
    {
      "iso_639_1": "fr",
      "name": "Français"
    },
    {
      "iso_639_1": "en",
      "name": "English"
    },
    {
      "iso_639_1": "it",
      "name": "Italiano"
    },
    {
      "iso_639_1": "ru",
      "name": "Pусский"
    }
  ],

I added a new 'Original Language' field for the corresponding TMDB data, and renamed the previous 'Language' to 'Spoken Language'. I decided to keep the existing mapping to MC (Spoken Language -> 'Language' in MC) to avoid breaking stuff for existing users. You can always change the field mapping in ZR's settings.

Personally I prefer the info provided by TMDB for most fields - I find OMDB has more errors than TMDB, and one can always go and fix TMDB's data. However, for any given movie it can happen that OMDB is better than TMDB or vice-versa. It's up to you to use what you like best.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2022, 02:57:31 am »

If possible and if you have the time I would really like to have the options to include Director of photography and Film Music Composers into ZRatings.
It would be really great to have the opportunity to search and sort movies based on a good DOP or Composer, like Hoyte Van Hoytema or John Williams.

Have a great -22!
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2022, 04:33:32 am »

Sure!

Published version v3.4.4 with these changes:
- Add Cinematographer field (Director of Photography)
- Add Composer field (Original Music Composer)

These map to existing fields in MC ("Composer" and "Cinematographer"). Depending on the movie, there can be multiple names as a List.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2022, 09:34:38 am »

Hi Hoyt, glad you like it. Your new year's request is granted :)

Thanks!

It would be really great to have the opportunity to search and sort movies based on a good DOP or Composer, like Hoyte Van Hoytema....

Brilliant request  ;)

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2022, 09:59:44 am »

Thanx a bunch,
The latest addition works great.

@hoyt , could "hoyt" be Hoyte Van Hoytema !?!  ;)
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2022, 10:13:12 am »

Hmmm, the composer stock field´s only Audio and do not show up, when I want to add it to the tag field?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2022, 01:08:20 pm »

DOH, I didn't notice that  :-[
Please go into Settings and change the field name to something else - ZR will create the field for you if needed.

Do you want to suggest a new field name for me to put in a new release? The TMDB field is called "Original Music Composer", but I'd prefer a shorter name.

Alternatively we can perhaps ask MC team to open the 'Composer' field to Video files as well, as it makes sense to have it.

EDIT: There's a good stock field called "Music By", enabled for video.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2022, 02:22:24 pm »

Composer would be the obvious choice.
I have rename the stock composer field and created a new "composer field" that have video included and now the composers are shown in the tag field.

I will create a request in the MC28 forum for the staff to include video in the stock composer field.

Request is here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131623.0.html

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2022, 04:32:54 am »

Thanks Arcspin,
I went ahead and changed the default mapping to 'Music By' in v3.4.5 anyway. The user can always change it to 'Composer' if it becomes available for video.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2022, 05:23:40 am »

That´s good.
I noticed that when I did try to trick JRiver into making a new Composer library field that JRiver forced the new name to be named: Composer (1).
I too have starting to use Music by.

Question, is it possible to have ZRatings populate two JRiver fields in ZRatings Field mapping tab?
My thinking is that ZRatings could populate both fields "Composer" and "Music by" with the composers name.

That way if MC28 updates, the Composers name are already filled in in the Composers field.
...and the only change I have to do is to point my expressions to another source of data.

I´m planning on doing my yearly ZRatings overhaul of all my movies so that IMDB ratings and other data is up to date.
In doing so it would be great to have both fields populated.

Now that I think of it, it might be a way in JRiver to copy info from one field to another, that way I could populate Music by and when MC28 updates I could copy info from Music by to the composer field.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2022, 06:09:18 am »

to answer my own question.

It is easy to copy/move field info to another field within the same movie.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Move/Copy_Fields

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2022, 06:11:47 am »

I think that feature is not needed in ZRatings - you can simply select all files and use the tag editor to set Composer =[My Music]  to copy the data in bulk.

EDIT: you answered above too.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2022, 04:54:49 am »

Hi,
I notice that the settings help link is broken
https://github.com/zybexXL/ZRatings/wiki#Configuration

When I click the link I get a "404 - Page not found" message on Github.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2022, 05:39:28 am »

Thanks Arcspin, I'll fix it on next release.
The link points to ZRatings, but the Github project is still called MCRatings :)
https://github.com/zybexXL/MCRatings/wiki#Configuration

the wiki itself could use an overhaul as well, I haven't updated it with all the changes and new features...

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2022, 06:59:24 am »

Great, no rush.
I just wanted to read up on the Poster section.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2022, 04:41:19 am »

Unfortunately, the error message that cannot find MC reappeared. Also, it has already happened a couple of times that the caption does not appear under the photos of the actors
I tried with this https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=post;quote=900765;topic=119385.800;last_msg=914779 but it didn't work

zybex

• MC Beta Team
Re: ZRatings v3.2 released
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2022, 04:48:17 am »

Hi Lello,
Are you running ZRatings or MC as Administrator?

Running some tests on my machine, I was able to reproduce this issue. Once ZRatings is run *once* as administrator and failing, it won't be able to connect to MC even if it's executed again as a normal user. It only works again after MC is completely shut down and restarted (including the tray icon for the Media Server), or after the PC is rebooted.

This is strange behavior, it seems that MC refuses further connection attempts after the first "as administrator" one. I'll try to do a fix, but meanwhile please just restart MC using the tray icon option for "Close Media Center and Media Server".

Curiously I can reproduce this in one machine where UAC is off, but not on another one with UAC enabled. It's definitely something related to the Elevated app permissions...

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2022, 05:47:17 am »

After further investigation, it seems this is a security feature in Windows - it does NOT allow a non-elevated application to talk to an elevated app, or vice versa (when using OLE APIs as ZRatings does). They need to have the same security elevation status to be able to talk to each other - you either run both as Admin, or both as non-Admin. So this is a feature, not a bug.

What I do think is a bug, is that when UAC is disabled Windows seems to remember when an app tries to talk with mismatched elevation level, and then it will NOT work at all until both apps are restarted, regardless of the elevation status on further retries. This should not happen. I have no way of fixing this, looks like a Windows bug. So the only workaround is to restart both ZRatings and MC, as I mentioned on the previous post.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2022, 08:12:58 am »

To me it works only if I restart the pc, and only for once.
I tried to run them both as administrator and both normal.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2022, 08:37:05 am »

Please make sure the shortcuts for both MC and ZRatings do NOT have the "run as administrator" option set (there are multiple places to set/unset that, check here)

Once you run them with mismatched settings and it fails, it will only work again after restarting them both (including tray icon).

Other than that, as I explained above I won't be able to fix this, as it's a Windows security feature/bug.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2022, 11:46:05 am »

Thank you for the link.
I have both set "run as administrator" but have not solved the problem.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2022, 12:01:27 pm »

You should unset for both MC and JRiver, then reboot.

You can use Task Manager to make sure both of them are NOT running in elevated state - open Task Manger in the details view, right-click on the "Status" column header and add the "Elevated" column. Perhaps your MC is always starting Elevated right after reboot.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2022, 08:47:47 am »

Zybex could you please confirm that your scraping actors Images only from IMDB and not from TMDB?

I've got some videos that have images on TMDB but not on IMDB and I've not been able to grab them from TMDB.

Using 3.4.5

Thanks
Matt

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2022, 09:18:29 am »

No, actor images come only from TMDB, not IMDB.
What's the movie? Try doing a SHIFT+GetMovieInfo to bypass the cache and force refresh of the TMDB data for the movie.

Do their names have some weird chars? Maybe it is failling to save the filename.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2022, 09:43:42 am »

My mistake on the IMDB and TMDB - got them turned around.  I've been using the shift + Get movies with this one and others consistently but with this example - no luck.

I've literally gathered 10,000+ images using  ZRatings so having lots of success   - Your solution works great - Thanks so much!

The DVD is Foreigner - Alive & Rockin and it has a valid TMDB ID 99615.

It doesn't seem to pull the Actors data which would then pull the images - I believe.  Here are a couple of screen shots.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2022, 12:33:32 pm »

This is because that Film doesn't have the IMDB ID filled in the TMDB page. ZRatings queries the TMDB by using the IMDB ID, so when that is not available, there's no TMDB info (including posters/thumbnails).

I've just published ZRatings 3.4.6 with a change to allow it to use the TMDB ID if it's filled in manually. Just enter 99615 in the TMDB Movie ID field and if should then work :)

With this version the search logic uses IMDB ID if available, otherwise it uses TMDB ID if available. If both are not filled in then it does a search by Title + Year.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2022, 04:28:23 pm »

Thanks Zybex.

I installed the 3.4.6 version and all worked as expected!

Appreciate the quick updated software - it worked great.

Thanks again

Matt

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2022, 09:40:53 am »

Published v3.4.8:
- Fix cache poisoning bug introduced in last version
- Fix logic for fetch by Title+Year

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2023, 04:25:26 am »

uups,

some dll's missing or what can be the cause? Running on Windows Server 2016, 64bit. Running under Administrator account.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2023, 05:11:42 am »

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2023, 02:39:35 am »

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2023, 07:45:29 am »

Hi zybex,
Wondering if there is a way to remove image lock without manually editing text file?
Thanks.

E: Ah found it behind right click!

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2023, 09:10:48 am »

The antivirus deleted Zrating from my PC and if I try to download it again, the download is blocked due to the presence of a virus: has something happened?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2023, 10:10:22 am »

You need to report it to whoever made the antivirus.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2023, 10:18:42 am »

Do I have to write to Microsoft?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2023, 10:22:44 am »

Windows Defender did that?  Are you running any other antivirus?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2023, 10:44:50 am »

There has been no update for a few months, so it's just another false-positive from the antivirus. It's common. You can whitelist the ZRatings.exe or the folder where it sits in the antivirus settings. It's up to you if you want to trust me or not - I would trust myself, but bad actors would say that, wouldn't they ;D

Microsoft is pushing developers to buy an "Extended Validation" code signing certificate so that their antivirus doesn't flag unknown executables as "potentially dangerous" (which just means the antivirus doesn't know what they do). Having a regular code signing certificate is no longer enough, you need to pay to play now. So... no.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2023, 12:05:10 pm »

I'm just got a new PC with Windows 11 and have installed Zelda and 30 other apps with no issues but I'm unable to install ZRating 3.2.  Same issue as above.

No antivirus other than defender, unable to define it to exclude it, like I was in Windows 10.  I've selected "Run anyways" but defender won't let it run.  Tried .Zip file and .exe.

I tried three or four times and took a break.  Will try again over the weekend and report back the results.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2023, 01:22:24 pm »

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/645227677ef4a20c16071f94ee1145a9909c79f1585a2018679977d7121c5ddb

This is ridiculous. 41 of 72 antivirus flag a positive, most of them as some kind of "Generic Miner", "Malicious (moderate Confidence)", or "ML.HighConfidence" (Machine-Learning based detection, not an actual identification). I should be making millions mining BTC on the PCs of my tens of users worldwide...

The "Behaviour" tab assigns all kinds of nefarious activity to ZRatings, though most of it is so generic that I wonder how other .Net tools are not flagged as well. According to the analysis details, I'm guilty of creating a json config file and some log files, a couple of PNG files, and some TEMP files. I think the auto-upgrade process (where it downloads an EXE to replaces the current one) is one of the main detection triggers (that's fair).

I'd be interested to know the results if someone else can download the source code from GIT, compile it as release, and test it on VirusTotal. Same exact code, just a different compiler.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2023, 01:24:51 pm »

No antivirus other than defender, unable to define it to exclude it, like I was in Windows 10.  I've selected "Run anyways" but defender won't let it run.  Tried .Zip file and .exe.

After defender detects it, you should be able to go to the Defender settings, list all detections, and tell it to "allow" the executable.
You can also create a folder for ZRatings and exclude it in Defender settings, then move the EXE there. Let me know if you want a password-encrypted ZIP file that you can download and then extract directly into a whitelisted folder.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2023, 02:04:45 am »

It's up to you if you want to trust me or not - I would trust myself, but bad actors would say that, wouldn't they ;D

I wrote to Microsoft, and they told me not to trust zybex: a very dangerous subject. ;D ;D

P.S. I told Defender not to worry because that executable is safe, and now everything works ;)

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2023, 09:28:57 am »

You can also create a folder for ZRatings and exclude it in Defender settings, then move the EXE there. Let me know if you want a password-encrypted ZIP file that you can download and then extract directly into a whitelisted folder.

I did as you stated above (folder option) and that is working now.  Thanks so much.
Love the product !

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2023, 10:34:12 pm »

Submitted to Eset... response below:
Hello,

Thank you for your submission.
It is a false positive of our scanner and this issue will be fixed in the next update of detection engine.

Regards,

ESET Malware Response Team
should be one less to worry about shortly.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2023, 04:28:15 am »

Thank you, ESET now shows "no detection" :)
Until next release when the MD5 changes and it's no longer whitelisted...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up