INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Connects but no songs!  (Read 505 times)

Robad

• Recent member
JRemote Connects but no songs!
« on: June 06, 2020, 01:33:21 pm »

I have spent all day on this and I think I'm nearly there...

Yesterday I upgraded the firmware on my QNAP NAS.  This updated HD Station and removed MC (22.0.114).  I have tried but failed (even with QNAP's help) to down grade.
So I decided to try another approach - using Docker on a Container.  Not being one for buzzwords, I have been mostly stumped and partly lucky.

- In Qfinder I can run 'Container Station'.  In the Overview I have two items: "APP jrivermc" containing with "DOCKER jrivermc26 (shiomax/jrivermc26)", and "DOCKER jrivermc26-1 (shiomax/jrivermc26:latest)".  If I click the link on the latter I get a browser window showing "JRiver MediaCenter 26" with a UI similar to the Windows app.  If I stop the former (DOCKER jrivermc26) I can still use the UI.  Should I have (apparently) 2 instances of mc26 running?  I can't open a browser window from the former, so I assume they are somehow different.

- I have managed to import my audio folder from the NAS using the browser UI. 
- I have also (I believe) set up 'Media Network'.

Now I'm in the unusual situation - I can connect to either server from JRemote, i.e. the old MC22 and the new MC26!  (Sure the old one isn't still running somehow, as the upgrade rebooted.) However, I can't see any songs in either server!  I had been using JRemote successfully for some years connected to the MC22 server.

Any ideas what I've missed? 

Thanks in advance,

Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote Connects but no songs!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 02:27:12 pm »

There's a Docker thread here.  You could ask there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up