INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reading filename instead of title ( or ignore Metadata )?  (Read 1500 times)

FatRakoon

• Recent member
Reading filename instead of title ( or ignore Metadata )?
« on: June 07, 2020, 09:34:45 pm »

I love the program, however, it read the title of my media files, and some of them, when I convert them, they have the name of the program that converts the Media files in instead of the filename or being blank, they will say something like CONVERTED BY XXX instead of the video name

So, in the case of movies, it does not get the Video data and I have to manually do it.

I have started to convert the files again and this time removing the Metadata but its a chore.

Is there a setting so I can use the Filename instead of the title, or for it to just ignore the Metadata?

Thanks in advance!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Reading filename instead of title ( or ignore Metadata )?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 09:57:38 pm »

Is there a setting so I can use the Filename instead of the title, or for it to just ignore the Metadata?

No.

MC takes the Title tag and puts it into the [Name] field. It gives preference to tags inside the file over any information it can glean from the file name using its CARNAC feature.  At least that is what it does with audio file, and I think it does that with video files. Although not many video file types support proper tagging, and MC writes tags for video files to the Sidecar file, rather than into the file itself. For some formats, like MKV, it may write to the actual file itself.

You can use the "Fill properties from filename" function after importing the video to fix any metadata in the MC Library. You could then run the "Update tags (from Library)" function to write the correct tags back to the video file, or its sidecar file.

But you are probably doing all the above if you are fixing it manually. If you are removing the incorrect metadata from the files after you convert, and then import into MC, you should get the correct values in the MC Library.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up