INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the benefit of exporting a library to xml?  (Read 417 times)

habermehl

What's the benefit of exporting a library to xml?
« on: June 08, 2020, 04:30:43 pm »

I can't find an "import from xml" capability, so I'm curious what the use case is for exporting a library to xml.

Thanks,

David Habermehl

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: What's the benefit of exporting a library to xml?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 05:16:14 pm »

I believe it's printing

XML is a file extension for an Extensible Markup Language (XML) file format used to create common information formats and share both the format and the data on the World Wide Web, intranets, and elsewhere using standard ASCII text. XML is similar to HTML. Both XML and HTML contain markup symbols to describe the contents of a page or file.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Re: What's the benefit of exporting a library to xml?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 05:19:03 pm »

I can't find an "import from xml" capability, so I'm curious what the use case is for exporting a library to xml.

Thanks,

David Habermehl

An XML document allows one to use available XML tools that allows a user to perform various activities such as:
  • Running queries against the data via XQuery for specific criteria (ex: show a list of all music that is slow tempo)
  • Converting the data to other formats via XSLT (ex: an HTML web page, an xspf playlist, a non-standard playlist format, etc)
Pages: [1]   Go Up