INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configure Gizmo for Android to show current item playing in Playlist  (Read 1324 times)

dconn2306

Hi,

I just discovered this program & I'm currently running the trial.  Up to now I've been running Windows Media Player with a remote called Media Center Control.  (https://mediacentercontrol.com/en/index_android.php) It has several failings but the one thing it has that I like is the ability to show the Playlist side by side with the now playing screen.  When you open a playlist the list shows on the left sorted in the order selected in WMP.  I chose the Artist sort so all the songs by each artist end up in a group.  When you select a song to play it shows it on the right with the Album art & controls.  If you select the next song it also moves to that song on the playlist.  This is a nice feature because it allows you to select another song by the currently playing artist.  I have enclosed a couple of screen pictures to show what I mean.  Is there a way to configure Gizmo to do this?

I did discover on smaller playlists that there is an extra list icon next to the controls but on my 2968 song playlist that icon isn't there.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.  Have a great day!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Configure Gizmo for Android to show current item playing in Playlist
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 06:55:05 pm »

dconn2306

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 07:55:17 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the response.  So the instructions that I found for configuring Gizmo that didn't seem to apply really don't?

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WebGizmo#:~:text=1.,on%20the%20left%2C%20select%20Video.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 09:00:32 pm »

Gizmo isn't WebGizmo.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 09:57:49 pm »

Panel is free, comes with MC, has configurable Views, and on a desktop PC and Tablet, has the side-by-side display you want, in the Playing Now screen. Play with it. Learn to customise Views for it, as they are used for Gizmo, JRemote (iOS), and JRemote2 (Android) as well. See the attached image.

JRemote2 runs on Android, available from the Play Store, and has more features than Panel. On a tablet I believe it also has the side-by-side View you want. I don't have a tablet to check, but this image in the Wiki shows it. On a phone the same thing is shown in two screens, only a swipe away from each other. You can still do what you want on a phone though. i.e. Sort by Artist. See a list of what will be played. Select and different track in the list and have it play.

EDIT: This image is the iOS version. The Android version doesn't have the side-by-side layout on a tablet yet. Sorry for the misinformation.

Jim, you need some more, and better, images for the various remotes. The Panel ones in particular don't do it justice. There is an image of the very initial version, showing Lighting, Web Play, etc. The "More screenshots" aren't really a good advertisement.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 12:51:35 pm »

Jim, you need some more, and better, images for the various remotes. The Panel ones in particular don't do it justice. There is an image of the very initial version, showing Lighting, Web Play, etc. The "More screenshots" aren't really a good advertisement.
Yeah, you're right, of course.

In my defense, you can run the real thing by entering this in a browser if MC is running:

http://localhost:52199/

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 05:37:16 pm »

Yes, but when people are browsing the site and Wiki, trying to work out what to try, some nice images would be good.

Even more so for JRemote and JRemote2, which a user must buy to test. For example, I just discovered that the Android tablet version of JRemote/2 doesn't currently look like the image above, yet. That's the iOS version in the image.  :(
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 12:56:50 am »

I'll just leave these here:

Image 1: MO 4Media on an Android tablet, Light interface.
Image 2: MO 4Media on an Android tablet, Dark interface.
Image 3: JRemote2 Playing Now first page
Image 4: JRemote2 Playing Now second page
Pages: [1]   Go Up