INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed rip  (Read 2140 times)

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
Failed rip
« on: June 14, 2020, 12:10:09 pm »

Hi,

I recently have been unable to rip music from cd's.  The cd's play fine though media center and windows player so I am assuming the scd drive itself is working. The message I see in the Action Window is "Failed - Audio Rip" and under that "Rip failed."at the top.  And in the window itsel it says "Open drive failed. Drive is not opened." I attached a screen shot of the Action Window.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,

Bob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Failed rip
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 12:30:07 pm »

I recently have been unable to rip music from cd's.  The cd's play fine though media center and windows player so I am assuming the scd drive itself is working. The message I see in the Action Window is "Failed - Audio Rip" and under that "Rip failed."at the top.  And in the window itsel it says "Open drive failed. Drive is not opened." I attached a screen shot of the Action Window.
Probably a Windows update:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,24031.msg866883.html#msg866883

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 12:44:06 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. But when I click on the link it takes me to someone else with a similar proble and another link to try. That link take me to a generic start page where I would have no idea where to go from there. Is there a more direct place to find a fix?

Thanks,

Bob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 12:46:22 pm »

There are two ripping problems on that page.  Read the one about the Windows update. 

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 03:43:52 pm »

Hi,

When I click on the link I get to the post I believe you are referring to. But in the next post I will show you where clicking on the link in that post takes me to.

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 03:45:07 pm »

It takes me to here.  On this page I don't see anything about the windows update.  Sorry if I am misunderstanding.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 04:32:43 pm »

That's not right.  Norton may be causing it.  The link should take you here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125041.msg866878.html#msg866878

If that works, then Norton (or some "helpful" piece of security software) may be causing the ripping problem, too.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 04:38:37 pm »

As a test, you could try those links with a different browser.

whataboutbob1

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 05:11:31 am »

Good Morning,

After a week of not being able to rip CDs I tried again this morning and whatever the problem was appears to have spontaneously repaired itself? I don't know if its permanently fixed but it is working again now. I will stop back if it re-occurs. Thank for your efforts!!!

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up