INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD SUPPORT  (Read 34188 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: IPOD SUPPORT
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2003, 04:15:27 am »

Jeff, Molarman, Noborg,

I just found and fixed a bug that I hope will resolve your problems. Could you donwload the new Plugin (v9.0.07) and let me know if you are all set?

Thanks,

Steve

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smiling Increases Your Face Value
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2003, 04:41:31 am »

Jeff, Molarman, Noborg,

I just found and fixed a bug that I hope will resolve your problems. Could you donwload the new Plugin (v9.0.07) and let me know if you are all set?

Thanks,

Steve

I'll test it tonight and post results here.  Fingers crossed.

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2003, 05:17:25 am »

Jeff, Molarman, Noborg,

Thanks,

Steve

I uninstalled the current plugin, and went to the web page to
install what said it was 9.0.07 but when I look at the plugin
page it still thinks I have 06 installed.

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2003, 08:37:39 am »

I uninstalled the current plugin, and went to the web page to
install what said it was 9.0.07 but when I look at the plugin
page it still thinks I have 06 installed.

Well I did not uninstall the current plug-in, but I did downlaod the new one and it appeared as if it installed, but "Plug-in Manager" still shows. .06.

SteveG

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2003, 09:00:10 am »

There were a bunch of problems with our servers here this morning. I just reuploaded the Plug-in and changed the version to 9.0.08. Could you try getting it again?

Sorry,

Steve

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2003, 09:16:16 am »

Could you try getting it again?
Steve

Downloaded and installed.  Will rip a CD tonight and see how things go.  Thanks Steve!!

TimB

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2003, 12:35:15 pm »

Weird problem that occured with .05 or .06, you'll probably ask me to get .08 but I thought I'd report it anyway.

A few days ago I "Sent To" my iPod a bunch of files.  I then added five playlists in two different syncs.  The playlist in the second sync was comprised of "Artist=Lou Reed".  The Playlist sent, the songs can be played from the playlist on the iPod, but when I go to iPod's Browse I can't see the files either under "Lou Reed" or the individual song titles.

Weird eh?

:)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2003, 02:13:41 pm »

Steve,

Unfortunately, it looks like the new iPod plug-in will not fix this problem.  I ripped some new CDs after I downloaded the new plug-in and re-synched.  I'm missing all my playlists as well as the new songs.  Same old story.  Darn!!

I guess I can un-cross my fingers now.  Looking forward to the fix.

Thanks again.

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2003, 02:32:40 pm »

Steve,

The new plugin seemed to work for me -- imported a few new files, then dragged various smartlists to the iPod, then uploaded (note that I'm uploading not synching, which is different from in the other bug reports).   The new songs did show up on the iPod.

js

P.S.  I'll test the "skip duplicates" reformat option when the next build comes out, as you requested in the other thread.  Tx.

P.P.S.  May I add my vote for optionally using replay gain when reformating or transcoding?   Too bad the iPod Windows firmware doesn't support sound check.  

js

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2003, 06:09:48 pm »

There were a bunch of problems with our servers here this morning. I just reuploaded the Plug-in and changed the version to 9.0.08. Could you try getting it again?

For the first test I just loaded 9.0.08 and tried to sync again. That test failed. I again lost all my playlists and the new CDs did not show up on the ipod.

I then did another format on the ipod followed by a fresh sync. After that I ripped a new CD and tried another sync of all my music. Again, did not work... Lost the playlists...

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2003, 06:53:50 pm »

Steve I don't know what you did but I like it.

I've not had the playlist problem for quite some time, but what I did notice after doing a sync w/.133 is that they sync times are MUCH faster than before.  This is doing a sync where I'm not uploading or deleting any songs from the iPod, just refreshing the content on my playlists.

I'm getting 300 MB/sec according to the dialog.  I was getting 90MB.  I know that's not actual copy speed or anything, but MAN it is so much faster than anything else out there.

Adam

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2003, 09:13:25 pm »

For the first test I just loaded 9.0.08 and tried to sync again. That test failed. I again lost all my playlists and the new CDs did not show up on the ipod.

I then did another format on the ipod followed by a fresh sync. After that I ripped a new CD and tried another sync of all my music. Again, did not work... Lost the playlists...

I added another CD and did another sync. This time I did not lose anything that I can find. One thing I did different this time then all the other times was to use the ipod icon in the tool bar next to the clock to unmount the ipod instead of right clicking on the ipod drive under CD, DVD & Handhelds in media center and selecting eject device. Not sure this is related, but it was the only difference I could think of.

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2003, 03:53:42 am »

I'm puzzled by why it is so slow it is to queue files for uploading.   If I drag a smartlist to the iPod -- say a few hundred files in the list -- it takes a couple of minutes for the database (I guess) to update.  Actually, it takes a couple of minutes twice.  

First there's a delay while the "updating" popup is present (but it quickly counts out the updates, then sits for a long time).  Then I get a message saying there won't be room on the iPod (this is a bug, actually, as there are duplicate files in various playlists and the upload ends up working just fine -- the "upload size" is erroneously calculated without taking duplicates into account.  When I click "OK" on the "not enough memory" message, there's another long delay before the screen is refreshed to show what's on the iPod and what's in the queue.  

Note that I have not yet uploaded -- these delays are all during local (PC) functions as the PC already knows what's on the iPod.  

js

SteveG

« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2003, 04:49:17 am »

Hello All,

TimB,

Could you try again with the latest version? The change I made yesterday should correct this. (Sorry to be a broken record :))

Molarman and JeffH,

This is frustrating. So far the pattern for you is that you rip a CD and then have problems. After you reformat do those same files that were "new" now upload fine? If so this gives me an idea of where to look. If the files are fine after the initial rip, what are your setting s for File Naming and Location when ripping and your encoding settings so I can try to duplicate this.

JS,

What version of MC do you have? Does anyone else see slowness of the magnitude of JS? I do not.

Steve

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2003, 04:58:37 am »

Molarman and JeffH,

This is frustrating. So far the pattern for you is that you rip a CD and then have problems. After you reformat do those same files that were "new" now upload fine?

Steve,

After I unsuccessfully re-sync following a fresh rip, I restore, reformat and re-sync.  This seems to ALWAYS resolve the problem.  I then get all my songs and all my playlists.

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2003, 05:35:57 am »

Hello All,

Molarman and JeffH,

This is frustrating. So far the pattern for you is that you rip a CD and then have problems. After you reformat do those same files that were "new" now upload fine? If so this gives me an idea of where to look. If the files are fine after the initial rip, what are your setting s for File Naming and Location when ripping and your encoding settings so I can try to duplicate this.

For me, everytyhing now seems to work as long as I use the ipod icon on the taskbar to umount the ipod. This has worked 4 times in a row.  But I tried the other way and it also worked... Problems seems to have gone away, but using the same software I hit the problem 5 times last night... This is strange. It was always the case that after a reformat that all the files and playlists were correct the next time.

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2003, 06:49:05 am »

Steve,

Regarding the speed issue, I'm running MC 9.0.133.  My system is reasonably fast (1.9GHz) so it's not a CPU issue.  

js

SteveG

« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2003, 09:56:22 am »

js,

To duplicate your problem I started with a cleanly formatted iPod. I then created a Playlist in MC with 1100 files. I dragged the Playlist onto the iPod. The updating message took 14 seconds then the screen refresh took 6. This is way less than what you are seeing. What happens if you do a similar test?

JeffH,

If you see anything strange again, let me know.

Molarman,

What are your setting's for File Naming and Location when ripping and your encoding settings so I can try to duplicate this.

Steve

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2003, 02:16:52 pm »

Molarman,

What are your setting's for File Naming and Location when ripping and your encoding settings so I can try to duplicate this.

Steve

Steve,

Here is what I have....

Ripping Settings:

Directory Rule - C:\My Data\My Music
Directory Rule - [ARTIST]\[ALBUM]
Filename Rule - [ARTIST] - [NAME]

Encoding Settings:

Encoder - MP3 Encoder
Quality - 128

Do you need anything else?

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2003, 03:28:55 am »

Hi Steve,

I repeated your speed test, with the following results:

1.  did a restore and reformat of the iPod

2.  created a playlist with 1102 files

3.  dragged the playlist to the iPod

4.  the "updating database" popup counted from 1 to 1101 (out of 1102) in 15 seconds

5.  the count stayed at 1101 for another 67 seconds before the screen refreshed

6.  clicked on the iPod to see the list of queued files; it took 33 seconds before the list appeared

Notes: I'm running MC 9.0.133 with plugin 9.0.08

js

SteveG

« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2003, 12:33:52 pm »

JS and Molarman,

Thanks for the info. I am out of the office today, but will be in at midday tomorrow and will try to figure something out based on your info.

Steve

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2003, 05:40:44 pm »

Ok, I am simply blown away by the latest build  (134).  It is fantastic.  I don't know what voodoo you guys put into this build, but it is synching incredibly quick, with absolutely no errors.  I almost fell out of my chair it synched so fast.  And the menus and icons  (with the exception of the desktop icon)  are simply awesome!

I have only one very small bug--the "eject hardware" icon doesn't work for me through MC9  (the hot icon on the explorer toolbar still works with no problem).  A very small detail, but it would be nice down the road if this worked properly.

Thanks for all the hard work--it is paying off in a big way!

Media Center Registered 9.0.134 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium III 929 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 160 MB
Resource Info: System - 36 %, GDI - 80 %, User - 36 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

slayer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Stream read error
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2003, 12:59:58 am »

hi there,

i have been getting the 'stream read error' message ever since the plugin was introduced. i can synchronize mp3s to the ipod and then listen to the mp3s with no problems. but when i try to open the ipod in mc again the error message above appears and mc crashes. however i can still use ephpod to add/remove songs from ipod.

yesterday i tracked the problem down. if i copy to ipod just a single mp3 with VBR encoding then i can't open the ipod in mc ever again.
i have the latest ipod firmware (1.2.6), the mc version is 133, the ipod plugin version is 9.0.07, os is windows xp pro.
am i missing something in the mc setup or is it a bug in the ipod plugin?
i can provide any additional info - ipod database, shell dll versions etc.

also a small feature request - would it be possible to have checkboxes also in non-leaf nodes in the tree in the ipod synchronization screen. thus (de)selecting a non-leaf tree node would also (de)select all playlists and/or branches under that tree branch.

regards,
stan

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2003, 06:41:50 am »

also a small feature request - would it be possible to have checkboxes also in non-leaf nodes in the tree in the ipod synchronization screen. thus (de)selecting a non-leaf tree node would also (de)select all playlists and/or branches under that tree branch.  

I was just coming here to post this request Steve, talk about timing.

I don't know about "non-leaf nodes" but I think I get it.  Basically what I have is Playlist Groups (one for me and one for the wife).  Often I will switch between the two, so I'll have to unselect all the playlists under my playlist group and select all the playlists under my wife's.

What would be great would be to have the checkbox at the Playlist Group level (if a group is present) that would effect it's children.  I think you get the idea.  Then it would be a matter of 2 clicks, instead of a whole bunch!  

Don't know if you can get it in, but it'd be great.

Adam

slayer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2003, 07:47:38 am »

What would be great would be to have the checkbox at the Playlist Group level (if a group is present) that would effect it's children.  I think you get the idea.  Then it would be a matter of 2 clicks, instead of a whole bunch!  

Adam

that's exactly what i meant. thanx for the 'translation' :)

AMG

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2003, 09:15:15 am »

I can't get the iPod plug-in to install and I can easily reproduce a critical crash in this software.

Here are the steps I'm following:

1 - Downloaded MC9 from your web site this afternoon (3/27/03)
2 - Installed MC9 and launched it after installation; Seems to be functioning OK at this point
3 - Open the Plug-In Manager, go to Handhelds, and click the link to open the Handheld Plug-ins page
4 - I click to Download the iPod Plug-in and I'm presented with an error: "Invalid Package File.  Cannot continue".

Summary: I assume this isn't normal.  If it is, perhaps some steering in what I'm doing wrong?  :D

Critical Crash:

1 - Launch MC9
2 - Click on CD, DVD, and Handhelds
3 - Click on my "I:" drive (which happens to be a 20GB WinniePod)
4 - Receive error "Cannot find plug-in 'Portable Drives'
5 - Click OK to dismiss the error
6 - Dialogue box that Media Jukebox.e.exe has generated errors and will now close

Summary: This is 100% reproducable every time.  Again, if I'm missing something I'd sure appreciate any guidance.

SteveG

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2003, 11:00:47 am »

slayer,

Can you email me the VBR file that you can duplicate this problem with?  (steve @ jriver.com)

AMG,

Do you have MC 9.0.134 installed?

If so, you do not need a plugin.  Make sure your volume label for your iPod is "IPOD" or go to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure and modify the label to be whatever you have named your iPod.

cct1,

I will have to test the eject on ME and see what I can see.

Steve

AMG

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2003, 11:11:01 am »

I'm currently using 9.0.124 (this is the latest version I see available on the web site).  I did run through the directions provided, however, I don't have any configurable options in the "Handhelds" group of the Plug-In Manager.  I only have the optiion of visiting the web site to download Plug-In's.

I'll lurk through the forums for 134.  If you have any other thoughts before I post back, please let me know.  :)

AMG

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2003, 11:19:25 am »

OK, 134 got things rolling.  Wow...slap that puppy on your web site, ASAP! :)  The experience is night and day with 134 and 124.

I'm off to play some more with 134...nice work, fella's.  8)

SteveG

« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2003, 12:49:31 pm »

AMG,

Thanks for the feedback. We will bump that version up tomorrow.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2003, 12:05:30 pm »

Slayer,

The new build of the Plugin should fix your problem (based on the file you sent me).

Adam and Slayer,

I will try to slip the leaf node idea in. Probably as a right click option.

JS,

Can you retest your time delays with the new Plugin?

Steve

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2003, 12:54:07 pm »

Steve, a couple questions:

Just because MC is about to go final, does that mean that the iPod plugin is also about to go final?

And in that vein, just because we aren't supposed to suggest enhancements, features, or changes to MC, does that mean that we can't do so for the iPod plugin?

I know that the two are more closely related now, but just because there's a "cap" on the one, shouldn't mean there's a "cap" on the other, ya know?

mjextman.exe /ipodsync

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2003, 01:58:01 am »

I have a playlist that that contains all tracks with a rating of 1.

It works fine in MC yet when synched with the iPOD it contains the correct number of tracks but they do not have a rating of 1!

Anyone else noticed this? Could someone else give it a go to see if it's just me?

I have done this several times with the same result.

From the libray sort on Rating.
Select all songs with a rating of 1.
Send to Playlist called Rated 1
Sync this playlist with iPOD.

I get the correct number of tracks but they are the Rating 1 tracks.

Yes, I am doing playlist not smart list.

EDIT:

I have just checked by making a Smartlist of 1 hours worth of songs with rating 1. Same result! The songs in the list on the iPOD are not rated 1 but are fine in MC.

SteveG

« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2003, 07:34:28 am »

Mindracing,

The problem is that the iPod does not provide a way to store the rating. MC knows the rating you have assigned, but when the files go to iPod that information cannot be stored. If your Smartlist is named "Rating = 1" you will be able to navigate to that playlist on iPod after a synch to access those songs.

Kurt,

The Plugin code can be modified at any time, but the request for the active synch is a MC change. I will still get to it asap. I think the plugin is as ready for prime time as MC.

Everyone,

Can anyone else out there duplicate Molarman's report of a deletion of Playlists after a new rip of a CD followed by a synch? I cannot duplicate this. If you can duplicate it, please give me as much detail as possible as to how to reproduce it.

Thanks,

Steve

nekura

• Recent member
  • dark-natured.
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2003, 07:53:33 am »

Kurt,

The Plugin code can be modified at any time, but the request for the active synch is a MC change. I will still get to it asap.

Don't forget about little old me Steve. =)  I've been hard at work on the construction of your statue, it will have a nice home at Epcot in Disney World. =D

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2003, 08:05:39 am »

Still Seeing Problem with Audible Files

Even after updating my iPod to 1.2.6 and updating MC9 to .137, I'm stilling having the same problem with Audible files.

Format the iPod and do a full sync with several SmartLists (the one with the Audible files is the first transferred/alphabetically).  Can only play 2 Audible files... all other Audible files do absolutely nothing when selected.  All music plays fine and all lists transferred correctly.

Next time/weekend, I'll try doing a "Restore" first and see if that helps (didn't have enough time this weekend to play around).

Until a fix/work-around is found, I guess I'll have to keep using Ephpod for Audible files.

SteveG

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2003, 08:34:08 am »

Adam and Stan,

The next build of MC will include a right click option on Playlist groups in the synch tree to select or deselect all subitems.

IDSmoker,

Until I fix the Audible problem the work around is to upload your .aa files first. I will try to solve this.

Nekura,

You are not forgotten. I have a couple other issues which must be solved first and yours is not an easy fix. Please don't be offended if it doesn't make it in soon.

Steve

nekura

• Recent member
  • dark-natured.
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2003, 11:11:31 am »

Steve, if I thought it was an easy thing to fix, I would've sculpted a trophy rather than a statue. ;)  Not to mention that I'm a budding programmer, so I understand the complexities of implenting such a gargantuan change.  However, when/if the issue is corrected, I think it would be something worth bragging about in MC9's feature list, because I've yet to encounter another iPod-compatible program on the Win32 platform capable of writing multiple discs worth of tracks in correct order to the database.  Not to mention that it would make using MC9 on a whole a more pleasant experience, as one could guess by looking at these comparison screenshots:

Before

After

PS: Apologies for being somewhat "in your face" about this issue, I'm sure it's probably annoying.

SteveG

« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2003, 01:05:30 pm »

Nekura,

No problem. I will get to this as soon as I can.

Kurt and Others looking for AutoSynch.....

The latest build of MC now has an autosynch feature.  You will find a checkbox on the Synch Dialog to enable autosynch. When this is checked, the next time you click on your drive letter you will go immediately to the Synch Dialog. If you set MC to open to your last known location and your last location is your iPod drive, when you start MC you will automatically go to this dialog.  I know this is not perfect, but check it out and I can improve as we go.

Steve

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2003, 02:44:29 pm »

Steve,

Hate to be a pest, but has there been any progress on my iPod sync problem?  I'm really looking forward to being able to rip a few songs and do a quick sync without having to restore, reformat, etc.

TIA.

SteveG

« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2003, 04:58:03 am »

TIA,

I am hoping someone else can replicate your problem and give me some more information. I can continue to try to test it, but so far I can't duplicate your problem.

If you rip the file, close MC, reopen and then resynch, do you still have the problem?

Steve

nekura

• Recent member
  • dark-natured.
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2003, 06:05:13 am »

TIA,

I am hoping someone else can replicate your problem and give me some more information. I can continue to try to test it, but so far I can't duplicate your problem.

If you rip the file, close MC, reopen and then resynch, do you still have the problem?

Steve

Steve, I believe TIA means "Thanks in Advance."

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2003, 06:26:13 am »

IDSmoker,

Until I fix the Audible problem the work around is to upload your .aa files first. I will try to solve this.

Steve

Steve,

The Audible files are being transferred first, but only the first 2 will play.  I don't know if this is file specific or position specific, but I'll try transferring the Audible files in a different order next weekend.

Thanks.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2003, 06:41:39 am »

Nekura,

No problem. I will get to this as soon as I can.

Kurt and Others looking for AutoSynch.....

The latest build of MC now has an autosynch feature.  You will find a checkbox on the Synch Dialog to enable autosynch. When this is checked, the next time you click on your drive letter you will go immediately to the Synch Dialog. If you set MC to open to your last known location and your last location is your iPod drive, when you start MC you will automatically go to this dialog.  I know this is not perfect, but check it out and I can improve as we go.

Steve

W00T!!

It ain't perfect, but it's an awesome step in the right direction, and I thank you for working it in there!  I have always had faith in ya, bro!

mjextman.exe /ipodsync

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2003, 07:12:39 am »

Steve

Steve,

I don't really know, but I will give it a go this evening a let you know.  

Oh......and by the way......."TIA" does indeed mean "Thanks in advance".   ;D

SteveG

« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2003, 07:49:58 am »

TIA sheesh. Who knew? (obviously y'all did)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2003, 08:19:59 am »

Teasing Is Allowed

nekura

• Recent member
  • dark-natured.
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2003, 10:49:51 am »

This is appalling. :P

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2003, 02:48:04 pm »

Steve,

I ripped some new songs, closed down MC, reopened it and re-synched.  No change.   :(

Although I am sure this has nothing to do with my problem, I imported media and updated my library as well, but got the following message.

"File upload error transferring" and then it listed all my newly ripped MP3s.  What is this all about?

In any event, I updated to build 140 and am restoring, reformatting and resynching as I type this.  Very frustrating.

It's so wierd - although synching after some new rips does not work, it works fine after I restore and reformat.  Hoping you can make some recommendations.

TIA - (Thanks in advance).   ;)

willrmc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • this town is a part of us all...
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2003, 09:10:27 pm »

Hey Steve, its been a while since i posted, everything had been working great. but now i seem to be having some sort of problem similar to molarman. whenever i sync. only a certain few of my songs are available under artist/album/etc. although they are all on the ipod and i can still access them all from playlists they arent in the library. i have to wipe it out and start all over for it to work. i can give more detailed info if you need. thanks
---------
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up