INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD SUPPORT  (Read 34187 times)

slayer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: IPOD SUPPORT
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2003, 11:56:54 pm »

Slayer,

The new build of the Plugin should fix your problem (based on the file you sent me).

Steve

it's working fine now. i'm happy again  :D
thanx a million

dco43054

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2003, 02:08:23 am »

Sorry to interject all, but just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying MC9.  It is so, so, so much better than MMJ, it is not even funny.  All the things I want, I can get, and for me at least, it is pretty stable.  

I'm on the lookout for the problems others have been experiencing, but it's been working well for me.  Half my problems I think are operator error.

Regards,

Dave

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2003, 08:49:23 am »

Molarman(aka TIA  ;) ),

That "File upload error transferring" message is a big clue. The fact that you are seeing this and a list of the newly ripped files tells me that the file transfer is failing (not the hard stuff like creating the database entries)but I don't know why. After you rip, can you double check that the files are at the location where they are supposed to be and that they can be played. If this checks out, there is most likely an error in the way the database is updating the data after the rip. The problem with fixing this is that I can't replicate it.

Willrmc,

Any more information would be a help. Molarman's problem seems pretty specific to ripping and I can't find anyone else who continues to see it.

Dave,

Thanks.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2003, 07:15:37 am »

Two bugs:

v140:
I started a sync and accidentally had the "all music" smartlist selected.  I cancelled.  I brought up the sync dialogue again, selected the right lists, and started sync.  It went REAL fast.  When I unplugged, all the song info was in the database, but it was unable to find and play any music... just skipped through each song.

Problem resolved after a format and resync, but I believe that since I did a resync after the cancel, it should have turned out okay.

v141:

The plugin seems to have a problem with the weird "AE" character.  Synching Tool's Aenima album caused much havoc on my iPod once unmounted.  Several albums were listed multiple times, each properly populated.

I used MC to turn the weird "AE" character into a normal "AE" and did a resync... all was well.  (I hate that character anyhow)

Nitpicky for v141:

It still says "Format iPod for MJ" on the dialogue.  Hehe!

Wearing Steve down some more:

Dude, if I had that /ipodsync switch for mjextman.exe, I could put it in an autorun.inf file on my iPod.  Then when I plug in, THIS would pop up:

Woot!!!
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

SteveG

« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2003, 10:33:59 am »

EVERYONE,

A new Plug-in is now available (9.0.11)

Spread the word, we now support .aa  files without the caveat that you must download them first. This was a truly ugly problem, but I think I have it fixed. Please test and let me know.

Kurt,

I cannot duplicate the all music cancel problem or the AE. I downloaded files with AE in the Name, Artist and Album field and all worked great. If you still have problems, email a file that gets messed up.

Where do you see "Format iPod for MJ" and what would you prefer it say? Right-click for me says "Format iPod".

There is not a separate switch to give to mjextman. I can modify MC to do what you want, but I can't right now.

Steve

Kurt Young

« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2003, 11:27:09 am »

I cannot duplicate the all music cancel problem or the AE. I downloaded files with AE in the Name, Artist and Album field and all worked great. If you still have problems, email a file that gets messed up.

Aye, it's no worries.  It was this one:  Æ.  I just figured that I should report it.  Only the album menu was messed up, (mebby because the only place that Æ existed was in the album names).  I'm not having the issue because I went into my media library and re-tagged all of the Æ's to be "Ae" instead.

Where do you see "Format iPod for MJ" and what would you prefer it say? Right-click for me says "Format iPod".

Aye, after you select "Format iPod" a warning dialogue pops up and says that "Formatting your iPod for MJ will delete everything" etc.  (Don't have my 'pod handy so can't give the exact text)

There is not a separate switch to give to mjextman. I can modify MC to do what you want, but I can't right now.

I know, man.  I'm just afraid that you'd stop liking me if I stopped pestering ya on this'n.  ;D.  As always, I have faith in you.

(Plus, I wanted to put the idea in your and other folks' heads that calling that from an autorun.inf file would be just super cool... no third party apps to detect the iPod being connected; Windows would do all the work for ya and launch mjextman.exe whenever you connect... provided that you enable autorun on the disk)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2003, 01:20:17 pm »

I think I've found a bug with the 9.0.10 plug-in too.

I synched my iPod and noticed I had around 180Mb free so I dragged a couple of albums to the target then went to the iPod and clicked on the Upload Files button.  The files uploaded and were listed on the iPod in MC9 with a blank playlist entry, which is correct. I even had a warning to say that a couple of the files were already on the iPod and did I want to overwrite them, which I said yes to. When I ejected the iPod and disconnected it from the PC, neither of the albums I'd uploaded were listed on the iPod. All the other music was still there although none of the playlists were.

This is the first time in months I have uploaded files this way so I guess a bug has crept in somewhere. As a workround I created a new playlist called Other Albums and added the 2 albums to it. I then synched in the normal way. Unfortunately the problem was still there.

I am going to format my iPod and upload all my music again to get a working iPod.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2003, 07:17:20 am »

Steve -

I am still having trouble downloading from my ipod to my PC.  I have connected the iPod and gone into Playlist view.  I would like to just download the selected playlist to the PC, but don't see an option to do that.  It would make a nice addition, but isn't critical.

So, I select all the files in the playlist, and click download to PC.  Several files download, then MC stops every few songs to ask me if I'm ok with overwriting '.mp3'.  The old and new files have different sizes.

I say ok, but it keep stopping.  I don't think it is correctly moving the files.

I tried another trick where I create a new directory for each download.  Now the plugin doesn't stop with an error, the files appear to correctly transfer, but I get a 'File upload error' every time.

I am using iPod plugin 9.0.11 with this setup:

Media Center Registered 9.0.142 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 830 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 225 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SN-308B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

SteveG

« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2003, 01:14:55 pm »

Phil and Sean,

I will try to duplicate these and post suggestions Monday.

Sean,

**Edit - I misread your message over the weekend. Here is the deal. The files are stored on iPod with the unique key from the MC library as the filename. A user requested that when sending the files back to the PC that I change the filename to the name (title)  so that the files would be identifiable. This is why you are getting the errors. My guess is that you have multiple files with the same name and then you get errors when a file with that name already exists on your PC. There are lots of ways to solve this involving adding options, but I would like to keep things somewhat simple.  I will change it so that if a duplicate is found, the file will still transfer, but with the key number as the filename.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2003, 08:49:35 am »

Phil,

When you send an album to the target, the files will transfer but the Album will not show up as a Playlist. I cannot duplicate this, although I do not think I really get the steps in which you are seeing this behavior.

Here is what I did....

1) Synch iPod

2) Drag an album to the target (this album contained some files which are already on iPod).

3) Upload Files.

4) During Upload, select, 'yes' to overwrite duplicates

5) Disconnect iPod.

All looks good.

Can you give me some more info?

When I ejected the iPod and disconnected it from the PC, neither of the albums I'd uploaded were listed on the iPod. All the other music was still there although none of the playlists were.

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2003, 09:59:57 am »

Congratulations!!![/size]
All of my iPod issues have been solved!

Audible music transfers and plays correctly, irregardless of the order it's sync'd in!

Thanks for the great work!

SteveG

« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2003, 10:36:38 am »

IDSmoker,

Thanks for letting me know it all worked out.

Steve

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2003, 10:42:22 am »

Phil,

Can you give me some more info?

Steve

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my main PC which involves a couple of Windows installs so I don't think I'll be able to do any tests today. I'll try to something tomorrow for you.

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smiling Increases Your Face Value
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2003, 04:44:06 pm »

I have been having a synching problem with my iPod for quite some time, but seem to have got things settled now.  

However, I have a new problem.  Although I have successfully synched some new songs to my iPod, some of the songs simply will not show up on the iPod although the total song count agrees with MC.  Here is what I have been doing..........

I "acquire" a new MP3 and it is placed in the "C:\My Data\My Music" folder.  Then I modify the tags to my liking and then import it into library.  At this point it shows up in the library, but is not yet placed in the proper folder.  I then "rename file from properties" which then gets the file's path changed and it is put into the proper folder based on [artist\album].  When I sync, the iPod shows another MP3 file in the "About" window, but the actual song is not present when I look it up by artist.  I don't know where it is going.  Perhaps this is a bug in my "old" build 139.  Do you think a newer build will fix this, or am I doing somethig wrong?

Is there a certain protocol I should be following once I get a new MP3 on my HDD to get it into MC's library and get it placed in the proper folder?

SteveG

« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2003, 09:59:13 am »

In regards to Molarman, I am working with him on this via email. If anyone else can duplicate this, please post and give some details.

Thanks,

Steve

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2003, 12:49:37 pm »

And Steve, please tell us what eventually was the root cause of Molarman's issue.  We're dying to know!  :)

Adam

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2003, 01:51:39 pm »

And Steve, please tell us what eventually was the root cause of Molarman's issue.  We're dying to know!  :)

Adam

***ROOT*** cause, huh?   :P

Well, Steve has been very patient with me and for that I am very appreciative.  Things seem to be stable now, but I am not able to explain exactly why I was having the problem.  I made only one change to improve things.  You may (or may not) remember that my primary problem was that every time I would sync FOLLOWING the addition of a song to MC's library, all my playlists would disappear from my iPod and I would not get any of the newly ripped MP3s downloaded.  I would then be forced into a restore, reformat and resync.  Following that, the next sync went fine.  This happened time and time again, in fact it was 100% consistent.

The good news is I no longer seem to have this problem.  "What did you change?", you may ask.  Well I am glad you asked.  The only thing I did was to stop using (and eventually I deleted) my "All My MP3s" smartlist and use instead MC's "All Music" auto smartlist.  That one change seems to have resolved most of my issues.  My "All My MP3s" smartlist was a smartlist based on "filetype = MP3".  I cannot explain why this was a problem, but it seems to have been the source - wait, no - the ROOT of the problem.   ;D

My remaining issues have little to do with synching the iPod, and I am trying to get these worked out.  However, I feel much better now that I can sync without having to reformat each time!!

fex

« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2003, 01:55:27 pm »

Glad to read that. Was really a long way to the happy end.

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2003, 06:01:43 pm »

O.K.  I spoke too soon!!  I added approx. 7 new songs and 1 new smartlist to the MC library and resynched to get them on the iPod.  You guessed it.  All my iPod playlists disappeared.  

I just don't know.  I can use some encouragement.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2003, 06:18:15 pm »

Molarman,

This may sound really stupid, but I'm going to ask anyway just in the one in a billion chance:

Do you get the "OK to  disconnect" on your ipod after the synch, and if so, how are you disconnecting?  Again, I apologize if this has already been addressed, it's a fundamental issue and probably not at the root of the problem...

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2003, 06:29:24 pm »

Molarman,

This may sound really stupid, but I'm going to ask anyway just in the one in a billion chance:

Do you get the "OK to  disconnect" on your ipod after the synch, and if so, how are you disconnecting?  Again, I apologize if this has already been addressed, it's a fundamental issue and probably not at the root of the problem...

Not stupid at all - and at this point I will gladly listen to anything.  Prior to disconnecting the iPod, I click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon, then in the window that pops up, I highlight the iPod and then click on OK.  I wait for Win XP and the iPod both to tell me that I can safely unplug the iPod and then I do so.  

What I find so strange about all of this is that once I reformat and resync following the exact same steps, there is no problem.  Now why in the heck would this be?  I mean, if there is some fundamental thing I am doing wrong, or if I have some corrupted library or something, why would it not fail each and every sync??

SHHHHHH.   If you place your ear very very close to your monitor, and if you are very quiet, you might just hear my screams of anguish.

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2003, 06:43:49 pm »

O.K. Here is another tidbit that might help in diagnosing this darned thing.

I just reformatted and resynched.  The results of the sync...........

a total of 3 (out of approx. 25 playlists) showed up.  They were..........

1.  All Music
2.  All Favorites
3.  50's Rock

These are all set up as smartlists in MC.  All smartlists were selected to sync.

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2003, 06:46:41 pm »

Now can anything be as confusing as this?  I just resynched (no reformat - just a second sync following my last reformat) and I now have all of my playlists on the iPod and it is as it should be.

Yikes.  This is wierd.  I did **NOTHING** different than I did just a few minutes ago when I only got 3 of my playlists on the iPod.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2003, 09:47:02 am »

Steve

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my main PC which involves a couple of Windows installs so I don't think I'll be able to do any tests today. I'll try to something tomorrow for you.

Steve

I've tried to reproduce the problem using 9.0.146 but couldn't so it looks like it was just "one of those things".

TimB

« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2003, 10:51:18 am »

I know this is a weird place to post this but it does make some sense...

the TiVo folks are having the same problem that some of us had with iPod.  How to start it up, how does MC9 work, what is the best way to do x, y and z.

Steve, y'all need to find an Adam (or Eve?) to do for them what he did for us with the intro package.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2003, 09:22:38 pm »

I'll do it Tim!  Just need someone to buy me a TiVo unit.  ;)

Adam (Eve'll help out as well)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2003, 03:54:34 am »

I'll do it Tim!  Just need someone to buy me a TiVo unit.  ;)

OK.  Consider it done.  One TiVo Series 2, one HMO package, and one USB to Wired Ethernet adaptor.  Sound about right?  Or do you need a couple cases of Bud, too?

slayer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2003, 02:49:12 am »

hi there,

i think i found a bug in the ipod plugin. although it might have been reported already.

i synchronized the ipod with my library, unplugged and everything was fine. then i wanted to make some more free space on my ipod (to transfer some data between work and home computers) so i manually deleted some songs in the 'artist' tree.
the files deleted fine but the playlists that contained the deleted files were not updated, they still had empty entries for the deleted files. this makes problem for the ipod firmware because it doesn't show any playlist after the 'empty' one. i had to manually update all playlists and remove empty entries.
would it be very difficult to do this automagically when deleting a song or a whole album/artist?

thanx
stan

Kurt Young

« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2003, 08:12:49 am »

Couple things:

First, how's the "position in media set" bits coming?  I re-ripped a two-CD set this weekend and couldn't figure out how to work it.  I'm thinking it's not implemented yet and just wanted to give a check in.

Second, now that there are pretty icons in the Media Library tree for Artist, Genre, and so on, what're the chances of getting these icons built into the plugin's tree?

And, as an aside, whatever happened to graphical ratings?
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2003, 09:24:24 am »

OK.  Consider it done.  One TiVo Series 2, one HMO package, and one USB to Wired Ethernet adaptor.  Sound about right?  Or do you need a couple cases of Bud, too?

Oh, some beverage will be needed, but not Bud.  

When should I expect that shipment?  I only work upon receipt.  ;)

Adam

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2003, 01:02:48 am »

I just downloaded some new tracks from my iPod to my work PC that I ripped over the weekend. I downloaded them to C:\My Music.  All the tracks downloaded to the PC but 1 or 2 per album kept the number.mp3 filename.  All the tracks could be imported to MC9 and all the file names could be changed using the Fill Filenames from tags utility so this is a minor bug. I used MC 9.0.149 and plugin 9.0.12.

SteveG

« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2003, 10:52:06 am »

slayer,

I cannot duplicate this. Can you describe again how you can create this problem?  Are you saying that if you delete files so that there are no remaining files in a Playlist, you want the Playlist to be removed. I currently don't do this by design, but could.

Kurt,

The graphical ratings and position in media set will most likely not make it in until version 9.1.  The icons may be seen before then. *EDIT* Icons are in the next MC

Phil,

The files that remain numeric do so because you most likely already have some files in your My Music directory named the same as the files that you are sending. In this situation I chose to have the file retain its numeric name. I could give users options on how to handle this, but that seemed like it would be unecessarily complicated.

Steve

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2003, 11:37:50 am »

Phil,

The files that remain numeric do so because you most likely already have some files in your My Music directory named the same as the files that you are sending. In this situation I chose to have the file retain its numeric name. I could give users options on how to handle this, but that seemed like it would be unecessarily complicated.

Steve

That makes sense Steve. I was downloading some compilation CD's which definitely had duplicate song names. I think the way you handle it is fine.

fex

« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2003, 11:52:46 am »

The duplicate could be renamed by adding a digit like in other progs, for ex.:
xxx.mp3
xxx (01).mp3

Kurt Young

« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2003, 01:37:09 pm »

slayer,
<snip!>
Kurt,

The graphical ratings and position in media set will most likely not make it in until version 9.1.  The icons may be seen before then. *EDIT* Icons are in the next MC
<snip!>

Woot!

So, can we "lock you in" to adding my most-desired mjextman.exe command-line switch to v9.1 too?  

Eh?  Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?

;D

-Kurt

PS:  I don't know if I have been very vocal about it, but I REALLY like the "autosync" feature.  I also like that on a default installation of MC, the first time you click on the iPod, the sync dialogue comes up.  It makes things very much easier.  Down to four clicks now.

Heck, it could be worthwhile to turn that sync panel into the generic "iPod options" panel as well.  Just add an inch to the bottom and put the transcoding, normalization, and other options in there as well.  Everything in one place, aye?  What say you?
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Kurt Young

« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2003, 09:33:39 am »

Bug as of .153:

Currently, to use the "Select all sub items" you must first left-click a group, then right-click it and select all sub items.

By default, the "Playlists" node is "left-clicked" but not selected when you first fire up the sync dialogue.  This means that if you open up the sync dialogue, right-click a playlist group and click "Select All Sub-Items", it will act as if you invoked it on the whole playlists tree and subsequently select every playlist you own.

If you first left-click a group, then right-click and select all sub items, this is not an issue.

(I'm in a "I don't feel like I'm making any sense at all" mood today, guys.  Can you tell?)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2003, 10:57:54 am »

That's where that is!  I knew that you said you put that functionality in, but I always thought it would have been done by adding a checkbox next to playlist groups.  Selecting one would select all children.  Since I never saw it, I just thought my computer was doing something weird.

Should have figured it was a right-click option!  DOH!

Oh, and Kurt, clear as mud my friend.  (Actually I get it fine, took me 2 readings, but I got it.  ;))

Adam

SteveG

« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2003, 10:59:15 am »

Kurt,

I will check this out soon.

Everyone,

The next build of MC will now have Convert on the Fly capabilities enabled for Synching. The interface will look the same as during regular file conversions (in fact the settings you apply will be applied in both places).

I did leave enabled the send every 10 files when conversion is in place so that you don't end up with a bank of 1000 songs. The downside of this is that the timings for the synch will only reflect the current subset of what is synching. Live with it for a bit and let me know if everything still works well.

Thanks,

Steve

Vizsla

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2003, 05:32:21 am »

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong here....but.....

I am unable to upload wave files to my iPod. MP3 files upload just dandy. I get a message telling me that the .wav extension isn't supported.

Is that true? What file formats *are* accepted? I would love to use lossless compression formats, of course, but I'll use wave files to preserve quality. Is there anything I can do here?

Vizsla

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2003, 05:32:27 am »

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong here....but.....

I am unable to upload wave files to my iPod. MP3 files upload just dandy. I get a message telling me that the .wav extension isn't supported.

Is that true? What file formats *are* accepted? I would love to use lossless compression formats, of course, but I'll use wave files to preserve quality. Is there anything I can do here?

SteveG

« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2003, 06:36:12 am »

Vizsla,

You did not do anything wrong. A bug got introduced that is now resolved. Please get the latest iPod Plugin (v 9.0.13) or get the next build of MC and you will be all set.

Thanks,

Steve

Vizsla

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2003, 08:54:49 am »

Steve,

Thanks!

I installed latest build of both MC 9 and iPod plug-in and   VOILA!!  wave files are now accepted. I'm much obliged.

What are the chances of ape, flac and shn formats becomiong available for use with MC 9 and the iPod?

Ed

SteveG

« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2003, 10:18:16 am »

Ed,

Thats up to Apple. Adding the ability to transfer those file types to the iPod is easy. iPod must add the ability to play those files for this to work and who knows what they are up to.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2003, 10:32:04 am »

Kurt,

I included a fix for the "Select All Subitems" in the next build of MC.

Steve

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2003, 06:50:05 pm »

Steve:

I have no way of proving this to be the case, or even if it's possible but it sure seems like I've found a bug in the function that refreshes random playlists.

I have a playlist that's limited to 8 hours of music from my library and it's set for sort=random.  I do a sync each night to refresh this list and here's what I find strange.

If I listen to the list through MC9, I tend to hear a wide variety of songs.  However, when I listen on my iPod, I tend to hear songs more often that are the same.  It's as if the iPod is not getting the full list of songs available to the playlist (all songs in my library), whereas when I listen to it in MC9, I'll hear songs that I haven't heard in quite a long time.  

Again, I have no way to prove this really, the iPod does show a different list of tunes each time I sync, but I sure do hear the same songs over and over again (or so it seems).

Anyway, I think you get the idea, I'm rambling...  ;)

Adam

klcs

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2003, 07:45:37 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but here goes...  I installed MC9 (30 day trial) yesterday.  I downloaded build 149.  I was reluctant to go with 155 figuring that there was a reason that the download page did not default to the most recent build.  Everything worked ok until I tried to rip files in MC9.  I was not able to see any of the new files on my iPod until I tried the "rebuild database" trick.  I could see the files on my iPod from the drive letter view in MC9, but they did not appear on the iPod when I disconnected.  I rebuilt the DB and the files were miraculously present.  My playlists on the iPod continue to be blank, but I only tried to sync two playlists (everything and recently ripped).  I figured that maybe there is a reason that the iPod ignores these.  I hope this helps.  Thanks!

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2003, 07:50:01 pm »

I was tring to use the ability to force file conversions during upload. A problem that I had was when I selected mp3 VBR and tried to select a custom set of options I was not able enter anything on the options line. It seems that when you select custom mode, you get the regular set of options, not the command line style options you get when selecting a normal encoder.

plugin version 9.0.13

Media Center Registered 9.0.156 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1537 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 619 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2003, 07:50:05 am »

Another question along the same lines. My collection is all in ape format. I am forcing conversion to mp3 when I upload to the ipod. It seems like whenever I sync again it converts all the files again. Any way to stop this in a way similar to the file to file convert case? Seems like it would be better if possible to only decode/encode files that have changed since the last sync. Is this a problem only because I am using VBR?

SteveG

« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2003, 10:44:55 am »

Adam,

You may be on to something. When it is available, can you please download MC 9.0.157 and see if you still have the same problem. There was a problem with "Random" in MC that may have caused your problem. It should be resolved in the next build.

klcs,

Definitely get MC 9.0.156 and then retest.

JeffH,

Please get MC 9.0.157 when it is available. I fixed a bug that should resolve the VBR custom issue you describe.

The conversion occurs in MC before the files are sent  to the iPod and so there is not currently a way to check if the files exist and then convert only new files. You can do this manually by only synching "Recently Imported" files, but I understand what you want. It is too major a change to add at this stage, but we can revisit it after the release of MC 9.

SteveG

« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2003, 10:50:41 am »

No more can be added to  this thread so I will close it and start a new one.

Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up