INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote/JRemote 2 Playmode question  (Read 1069 times)

Efjay

• World Citizen
JRemote/JRemote 2 Playmode question
« on: July 04, 2020, 07:35:50 pm »

On both versions (Android) of the app, you can change the Playmode to Play Now, Play Next, Add All, etc. (JRemote does a better job showing the mode you've chosen, but that's not the point of my post). I assume this means when I change the playmode, the play button, when pressed, will deal with the tracks as I've set. Yet, no matter the playmode chosen, it always plays the album immediately. I can long-press an individual track and choose what it does so that clearly works.

Is there a setting I'm missing or a button/command I should be using or am I just not understanding what the playmode is supposed to change?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote/JRemote 2 Playmode question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:08:49 pm »

The play button in the header has fixed behavior, it always plays the files in the current view. The play mode controls what happens when you press any individual track (normal press, not long press).
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 10:55:16 pm »

Thanks for the response. Guess I never noticed that before.

That said, when using JRemote2, when choosing "Play all next" and "Add all to playing now", it only seems to add the first song of the album, regardless of what track is normal pressed. Both options work in JRemote for me.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 11:22:29 pm »

That said, when using JRemote2, when choosing "Play all next" and "Add all to playing now", it only seems to add the first song of the album, regardless of what track is normal pressed. Both options work in JRemote for me.

PlayModes "Play all next" and "Add all to playing now" work as Hendrik describes for me. For example, a single press on any Track when displaying Tracks for an Album adds all Tracks to Playing Now, either inserting them after the current Tracks, or adding them to the end of Playing Now, as per the PlayMode naming.

I played with JRemote2 recently. Pictures https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125678.msg872869.html#msg872869  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 02:25:28 pm »

I've tried again but the behavior as I described above persists:

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 06:24:30 pm »

?

I'm on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium running Android 9, and it works.

What are you running JRemote2 on, and what version of Android?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 10:55:51 pm »

What are you running JRemote2 on, and what version of Android?

Running it on a Galaxy S10,  Android version 10. I have a Samsung Tab A running version 8.1 that I have not tried it on yet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up