INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which "Audio Device" selection is Best?  (Read 512 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Which "Audio Device" selection is Best?
« on: July 10, 2020, 04:43:22 pm »

I am re-checking all my settings in MC 26 -- and need some advice.  As my main player, I am using a Windows 10 Desktop computer (and MC) that feeds FLAC and DSF files from a NAS to the DAC in an OPPO 105 using a USB connection.

Under Tools-Options-Audio-Audio Device- I'd like to know which setting to choose for best sound quality.

The "most logical" choice seems to be DEFAULT AUDIO DEVICE (Direct  Sound),  but there are two other INITIAL selection choices, plus FOUR other sub-choices clustered under the "More" extension, and two of the choices have the word "OPPO" in them.

I play FLAC files, along with the occasional DSF 64 and 128 file. What should my choice be?  I am a non-technical person so I particularly appreciate any guidance.  THANKS in advance.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Which "Audio Device" slection is Best?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 04:53:38 pm »

Default audio device is the one built into windows - not the best choice. There should be devices with OPPO USB in the name you should have perhaps one which is ASIO and one which is WASAPI - either of these are your best choice. I use the asio device.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Which "Audio Device" slection is Best?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 05:47:15 pm »

If you want to use DSD, you need to use either ASIO or  WASAPI. If your DAC requires native sample rate for DSD, rather than DoP, you have to use ASIO.   If it accepts DoP, you can use WASAPI or ASIO.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up