INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to add movies to video library?  (Read 2488 times)

Liquid Snake

• Recent member
How to add movies to video library?
« on: July 11, 2020, 04:14:30 pm »

Hi guys
I decided to use MC24 to play not only music but also movies, when I created folder with 3 movies, MC24 detected them and when I uploaded new movies to the same folder,  MC24 is not detecting them anymore, I have to drag and drop manually every file, I thought it will be the same as it is with music, every folder added to music folder makes album visible in MC24 music library, for some reason it is not the same with movies (tried few formats).
Probably I am doing something wrong, or I am not aware of something.

Also, when I drag and drop (Stalker on the screenshot below), it shows file name, not the title itself like it is with other movies.

Any tips would help, thanks.

Liquid Snake

• Recent member
Re: How to add movies to video library?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 03:08:48 pm »

Hi, me again, still no idea how to add anything to the video library, uploaded files to the folder are not visible in the video library, drag and drop does not help, refreshing does not help, any tips would be priceless...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 03:24:21 pm »

Auto Import on the wiki.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 03:53:38 pm »

That Stalker.etc.etc is coming from matroska (mkv) name tag which MC reads. You'll need to remove that crap manually.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 05:14:26 pm »

That Stalker.etc.etc is coming from matroska (mkv) name tag which MC reads. You'll need to remove that crap manually.

Or just right-click on the files and select "Get Movie & TV Info", which will look up the movie and collect metadata for it. TheMovieDB works for movies in MC24. You may need to change the search criteria to just "Stalker", and then select the correct result.

Plus set up Auto Import for the directory where you are putting files. Read the Wiki thoroughly.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 04:25:27 pm »

Or just right-click on the files and select "Get Movie & TV Info", which will look up the movie and collect metadata for it. TheMovieDB works for movies in MC24. You may need to change the search criteria to just "Stalker", and then select the correct result.

Plus set up Auto Import for the directory where you are putting files. Read the Wiki thoroughly.
Either way you still have to clean up the crap manually at some place because "get movie etc" doesn't find anything with that dotted search  criteria.
Pages: [1]   Go Up