INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel & Gizmo view of Recent Albums does Not match that on JRiver Media Center  (Read 943 times)

redmodred

• Recent member

Problem SOLVED:  See last 2 posts for the FIX.... (many thanks to RoderickGI....)

Panel & Gizmo view of Recent Albums does Not match that on JRiver Server...

When I set the view in JRiver MC on my Windows 10 PC to "Recent Albums" I see them in a particular order on the PC's display.  If I open Gizmo or Panel on my Android phone or tablet the order of the albums in "Recent Albums" does NOT match that shown on the PC's display that is setup as the Media Server.

The "Recent Albums" are in the same order on both Gizmo and Panel apps.  How do I get these Apps to display the same order as that on the PC ??

I don't want to change, modify, or customize my view for the remotes (Gizmo & Panel) I just want them to match and track the view of Recent Albums as shown in MC.

Going to Options-->Media Network-->Advanced-->Customize View for JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel  is not what I need....

Windows 10 PC
JRiver MC 26.0.98 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can customize remote views in MC's options.  There is a search window at the bottom.

redmodred

• Recent member

I don't want to change, modify, or customize my view on remotes (Gizmo & Panel) I just want them to match and track the view shown in MC.

Going to Options-->Media Network-->Advanced-->Customize View for JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel  is not what I need....

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

I don't want to change, modify, or customize my view on remotes (Gizmo & Panel) I just want them to match and track the view shown in MC.

You may think it's not what you need, but going to "Customize View for JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel" is the only way to actually achieve what you want.  If you choose "add view" under that option one of the choices is to directly copy your standard mode views (the views you see in desktop MC). 

If you add a view and then choose "library item from standard view" and select the "recent albums" view, you will get the exact same view on Gizmo and Panel as you get on your server. 

redmodred

• Recent member

Well, I followed your direction and did an "add view" , choose "library item from standard view" and then "recent albums"....   While this DID add a new view choice to Gizmo and Panel, it shows the same shuffled sequence of as the default "Recent" view on those remotes.

If I take it a step further and try to Show Categories in this order  (Date Import, like on the PC) I get a the two albums I imported today and then the same album listed about 3000 times (size of my catalog).  What could be driving it crazy in this case is ALL 3000 albums were imported on the same day since I moved them all from my old NAS drive to a new NAS in one Copy operation on 7/16.

Where are Gizmo and Panel getting the listing / sequence of albums to display?  Looks like MC is NOT feeding them the same think that it is displaying in it's "Recent" view....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

What could be driving it crazy in this case is ALL 3000 albums were imported on the same day since I moved them all from my old NAS drive to a new NAS in one Copy operation on 7/16.

Well, that is unfortunate because the Recent Albums View is just a view of all Albums sorted by [Date Imported].

What you could have done with your NAS move was just move the files and then Update the Library using the RM&CF function with the "Update database to point to new location (no file rename, move, or copy)" setting, and retained all your original [Date Imported] data. You did not need to reimport all your files.

As you have only recently done the move, if you still have a Library Backup from just before the move (MC makes them automatically, often), and if you haven't done too much work since the move, you could Restore that Library Backup and do the RM&CF Update, and then your Recent Albums View would work properly again.

Also note though that the default JRemote/Panel/Gizmo "Audio > Recent" View does seem to have lost its sort on [Date Imported] at some stage, so you will need to add that back in, or use the new View you created following mwillems' instructions above.
EDIT: A minor clarification. The "Audio > Recent" View in MC hasn't lost its sort on [Date Imported]. It was never part of the View definition in Standard View, and that has just carried across to the JRemote/Panel/Gizmo Views. It has always just been a sort added via the dropdown "Sort By" menu in the top section of the "Standard View" View. Panel doesn't include that functionality, so it needs to be added into the JRemote/Panel/Gizmo "Audio > Recent" View definition explicitly. You will have to do that with either (or both) the default View definition, or the one created above. Note also that there is no way to define whether the [Date Imported] is sorted in Ascending or Decending order, but it sorts in Decending order automatically, which puts the most recent Albums at the top, which for me is the correct order.

I also noted two other reasons why the sort order would be different:

1. The files had no data in the [Album] field, in which case MC sorted the Unassigned Album to the top and Panel sorted the Unassigned Album to the bottom of the list. This implies that MC is doing some sorting on [Album] as it is the Category in the View, even though the View is sorted only by [Date Imported]. That can be a bit confusing, particularly as it has overridden the [Date Imported] sort, giving priority to the [Album] sort. In my example the files where recognised as an Album (Grouped) because they were the only files in the sub-directory.
Note JRiver: Interestingly the setting at "Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Sort empty strings last" had no effect on where the Unassigned Album was sorted to. I guess because it wasn't a real sort, but default behaviour for View Categories coded into MC.

2. The [Date Imported] was identical, down to the 16th decimal place, for two single Track Albums. In that case the sort order is arbitrary, and Panel had them reversed compared to MC. It could be that MC sorted by [Album] when [Date Imported] couldn't separate them. I can't tell.

So redmodred, make sure that the JRemote/Panel/Gizmo View has the [Date Imported] sort in it (add it in), and check your metadata for the Albums is complete. Then the Views in MC and Panel will be identical, with the minor exceptions above.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

redmodred

• Recent member

Well, I did have a recent backup prior to the installation of the new NAS.  So, I followed your directions and things are now all back to normal on the "Recent Albums" front.  Plus, I have the albums in the order I bought them too, awesome.

I'd add a couple notes:
- after importing the old library, be Sure Auto Import is turned OFF... (quickly...)
- use the Library-->Tools-->Rename, Move, & Copy Files (to find: RM&CF)
- Don't use the Directories --> Base Path (or you Only update the NAS location & Lose the Artist Sub directory..
- Instead use the "Find & Replace" then set "Find What" to the root folder on Old NAS and the "Replace With" to the root folder on New NAS

Thanks Again....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Good notes. That is the correct way to fix the situation you had.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up