INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy VI -- Things we should have done because they were so simple  (Read 25827 times)

intrance

• Recent member
Re: Too Easy VI -- Things we should have done because they were so simple
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2020, 05:23:36 am »

On the Windows side, I would love it if MC would behave more like a native application does re: window management/resizing. Things like:

• Win+Arrows don't snap MC
  • Can't snap into the corners
  • When MC is mazimized and I drag it down to un-maximize it, it sometimes moves itself to a random location on the screen. It's not under my mouse cursor, but it's still movable by the mouse until I let go of the click.
  • I often find myself struggling to find that magic spot on the window that I need to click on to move it. A lot of Microsoft apps have started putting stuff into the formally empty title bar, but they're still easily movable whenever you click on an empty spot of the title bar. MC has a bigger deadzone near the top that's unclickable and for some reason I hit that first 90% of the time I want to move the MC window.

MC is a super powerful and complex piece of software but I don't often struggle with using it. These few things are like invisible walls that I smack into repeatedly in my daily workflow when every piece of software I'm using throughout the day all behave the same way except for my favorite one.

Good idea We'll do what we can.

Oh man, this makes me dream about a day where there is an option to run JRiver in a regular, native Windows window. I know it will probably be terrible for skin-ability and own identity, but a simple Windows native Light and Dark theme, modern design elements to fit current Windows UI design and make it feel like a first party native app... *drool*.

Anyway, that is offtopic, but this suggestion is ontopic... Get JRiver to show up in the Windows playback/media info overlay that shows in the top left hand corner. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but I never get it to show up with JRiver when changing track/volume/play/pause etc, no matter the sound output mode or Media key mode.

If it is user error on my side, please do ignore but I'd be interested in a (personal) message on how to make it work then.

Gedeon

• World Citizen
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2020, 11:26:40 am »

Increase from 1 to 3, the latests commands on the top of the context menu (right button) when element(s) in a view/list is/are selected.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2020, 12:11:56 pm »

Increase from 1 to 3, the latests commands on the top of the context menu (right button) when element(s) in a view/list is/are selected.

You can already choose up to 8 in options. Matt also posted a regedit fix to increase it further than 8.

Gedeon

• World Citizen
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2020, 12:19:01 pm »

You can already choose up to 8 in options. Matt also posted a regedit fix to increase it further than 8.

Glad to read It. ¿ Where is that option ? (not at home now)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2020, 01:08:26 pm »

The options page has a search window.

Gedeon

• World Citizen
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2020, 02:45:09 pm »

The options page has a search window.

Ok. I found It.

Tromstar

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2020, 05:18:44 am »

I'd like to see any VST plugins added to the library (settings) backup, I find it annoying to have to add and reconfigure my VST's every year.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2020, 07:38:48 pm »

Requesting the ability to use an album's average (Replay Gain or R128) for volume leveling in a playlist with linked tracks, or for any sequential album tracks in a playlist.

I have many classical playlists with track links for a piece's movements, and currently they all get a different replay gain adjustment when Volume Leveling is applied.

Using the album average would keep linked tracks the same relative volume between tracks, and works from different albums would be leveled against eachother by their average album values.

Thank you!!!!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2020, 07:06:13 pm »

can we look at last character TRIM for empty spaces in tagging fields?  it messes up checklists...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2020, 07:55:45 am »

can we look at last character TRIM for empty spaces in tagging fields?  it messes up checklists...

Take a look at the ListClean expression function.

This outputs no spaces from a string that starts with spaces:
ListClean( a ; b ; c ; d ,4)

You can even tag your files using the expression.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2020, 01:21:56 pm »

valign property for fonts also. As it is already done for images I'd assume that it isn't too big of a job to do for font too.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2020, 02:08:38 am »

When importing cue+flac albums, have the option to automatically copy the separately read files into actual separate files (which currently can be done with 'Rename, Move & Copy Files').

The reading into separate files fooled me into thinking that this splitting/copying process had already been gone through (read: I be noob).

You can break a single FLAC file up into separate tracks byusing Advance Tools - convert format. Convert format from FLAC to FLAC (not a typo)!
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2020, 06:12:33 pm »

How about a quick way to collapse all the sections in the Tree pane (Playing Now, Audio, Images etc). It may very due to the skin used, but I can't find a way or shortcut key. Right click menu item perhaps.

I'd like to collapse after browsing, as I am always clicking the wrong "Album" item. Intending for audio but getting Images. After drilling down on something, would like to start fresh browse drill down and only expand the item I am looking for.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2020, 06:32:18 pm »

When switch to another tab which are correctly labelled Albums or whatever - the Tab used for forums reverts back to "Start" like all the other spare ones. The tab is correctly renamed when focused on forums. When focused back on another tab though - it does change the name back? Would like to keep the short name "Forum" when focused on the other tabs? I get confused which "Start" tab I had open in the forums?
Dave
------

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2020, 12:51:46 am »

How about a quick way to collapse all the sections in the Tree pane

Ctrl+G
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Load File Button in ..Load a view..
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2020, 02:40:24 pm »

In Customize View it is easy to store a View Schema somewhere in the file system. But there is no easy way to load them again. Useful when sharing view schema between computers. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Load File Button in ..Load a view..
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2020, 04:39:57 pm »

In Customize View it is easy to store a View Schema somewhere in the file system. But there is no easy way to load them again. Useful when sharing view schema between computers.

This functionality already exists. It has for a very long time, and was made easier to use in version 26.0.36 of MC.

Under "Customise View > Save Views" you can save a View schema to a JVI file in any location you like, then copy the JVI file to a new PC and use the "Customise View > Save Views > Load a view from file" Function to load that View into another MC installation. Or you could just save the JVI file, switch Libraries, and then load it into the second Library on one PC.

I believe the default location these JVI files are saved to is "C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 27\Library\Saved Views", and the "Load a View" function will look in there. But as above, you can change the location to wherever you want, and load the JVI file from wherever it is stored.

MC also looks in the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 27\Data\Saved Views" directory when you run "Load a View", and shows the combined set of View schemas in JVI files.

The "Load a view from file" is what was added in MC26.0.36, but you could always just drop a JVI file into the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 27\Data\Saved Views" directory (with appropriate security authority) and MC would read it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2020, 12:01:21 am »

Ctrl+G

Thanks Mate! - but not very intuitive.... perhaps cound add "Colapse Tree    Ctrl=G" to the right click menu on Audio, Images, Video etc.  or somewhere on the tree have another triangle?
Dave
------

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2020, 12:25:35 am »

Thanks Mate! - but not very intuitive.... perhaps cound add "Colapse Tree    Ctrl=G" to the right click menu on Audio, Images, Video etc.  or somewhere on the tree have another triangle?

As just another user like you, I have no influence over that. But as a general comment, MC functionality is so deep that if everything was put on a right-click menu, the menu wouldn't fit on the whole screen!

So in the interest of "teaching a man to fish" rather than "feeding a man fish", all the shortcut keys are (I think) defined in the "Resource.xml" file found in the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 27\Data\Default Resources" directory, or if you have customised that file correctly, in the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 27\Data\Custom Resources" directory, for the 64bit version of MC. There may be some hardcoded exceptions to that, but I haven't investigated or made a list.

All the Media Center Core Commands that those shortcuts call can be found in the Wiki.

So if you need to find a shortcut or function, look it up in the Media Center Core Commands, where a search for "collapse" will find:
25016   MCC_TREE_SET_EXPANDED   0: collapsed; 1: expanded

Then look up the MCC number in the Resource.xml file, where you will find:
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;G" Command="25016" Param="-1" TranslateFlags="2" />
Along with instructions on how to read that.
Hint: the Parameter of "-1" means toggle the current state.

See, easy!  :D  ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2020, 10:03:25 am »

valign property for fonts also. As it is already done for images I'd assume that it isn't too big of a job to do for font too.

Next build will add this.
NEW: Added support for the valign tag to font tokens.

Thanks for the suggestion.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2020, 10:11:57 am »

• Not sure if this is a one hour task, but any place where MC allows me to load/save presets, it lets me choose to Load or Delete a preset from a list of my saved presets, but when I go to update one and save it, I have to type its entire name out each time. Occasionally I get it slightly different from before, leaving me with two versions. It would be super helpful if MC would provide a Save menu that provided a list of the existing presets, with a "Save as new" option at the top of the list so that we can more easily update existing presets.

yes, please.  I update mine infrequently enough I usually forget the name I'd given, so presenting the saved list, and letting me select one and 'update' would be most helpful.
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2020, 11:10:58 am »

1. video playback already offers options for playback more slowly than normal, but not an option to play back faster than normal.  I play youtube videos at 1.25x most of the time, and very much enjoy the ability to watch something (educational) more quickly than normal.  It seems adding 'faster' to the existing 'slower' options would not take long.

2. offer an option to force the detached video playback window to adhere to the currently playing videos' aspect ratio; so that resizing can be done by dragging only one side of the video and pulling/pushing and the window will remain in the correct aspect ratio.

3. increase the width of the area that allows you to grab a window, or scroll bar.  it seems to be only 1-2 pixels wide at the moment, and requires too much dexterity with a 'fast' mouse to just grab the edge to resize.

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2020, 11:18:02 am »

A MC client, connected to a remote MC server, has amnesia when it comes to the column presets. Very annoying:

- The MC client remembers specific column settings of views when using a remote library.

or in the very least:

- Being able to apply the same preset of column settings to all the views of a MC client when browsing  a remote library.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2020, 09:09:10 am »

• Not sure if this is a one hour task, but any place where MC allows me to load/save presets, it lets me choose to Load or Delete a preset from a list of my saved presets, but when I go to update one and save it, I have to type its entire name out each time. Occasionally I get it slightly different from before, leaving me with two versions. It would be super helpful if MC would provide a Save menu that provided a list of the existing presets, with a "Save as new" option at the top of the list so that we can more easily update existing presets.

Next build:
NEW: Made the View > Load / Save View menu have the previous save names so you can just overwrite without entering the name.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2020, 02:38:56 pm »

When MC is closed, while the Analyze Audio window is open, and all analysis has completed, then automatically close the Analyze Audio window, instead of reporting an error that "Media Center can not perform this action while tools are running".

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2020, 08:58:44 pm »

Next build:
NEW: Made the View > Load / Save View menu have the previous save names so you can just overwrite without entering the name.

That's cool, but that's not what Doof was suggesting. He was talking about saving Presets. So, for example, Sorting Presets, RMCF Presets, or View Column Presets.

And FWIW, I like his suggestion, but we're not allowed to do the plus thing here so I'm just noting the above.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2020, 09:41:25 pm »

And FWIW, I like his suggestion, but we're not allowed to do the plus thing here so I'm just noting the above.
Since when did you start following all the rules?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2020, 10:00:34 am »

That's cool, but that's not what Doof was suggesting. He was talking about saving Presets. So, for example, Sorting Presets, RMCF Presets, or View Column Presets.

Not doing the plus thing either but just noting that the suggestion is good and in addition it would be nice to see what preset is currently active

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2020, 10:11:04 am »

You guys drive a hard bargain, but next build:
NEW: The column presets menu shows names of previous saves for quick overwrite (instead of requiring entering the name).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2020, 10:17:25 am »

And:
NEW: The Rename, Move & Copy presets menu shows names of previous saves for quick overwrite (instead of requiring entering the name).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2020, 11:40:13 am »

When MC is closed, while the Analyze Audio window is open, and all analysis has completed, then automatically close the Analyze Audio window, instead of reporting an error that "Media Center can not perform this action while tools are running".

Next build:
Changed: The program can close if Analyze Audio is showing but not processing.

jherbert

• World Citizen
Cut and Paste with right click...
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2020, 01:28:53 pm »

...in search box, without going through the edit submenu. You do ist all over the place, why not here?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2020, 12:06:13 am »

Since when did you start following all the rules?

Well, I did in name, but I think perhaps I may have fudged on the "spirit" of the thing a bit...  ;D

Thanks, everyone. That's awesome.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2020, 05:45:16 am »

1 - In the Player and Status Bar clean up the presentation of ; delimited lists like Artist and Genre.

2 - Make creating the "Waveform" tag/field Optional like all the other sub-features in Audio Analysis.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Gedeon

• World Citizen
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2020, 11:15:49 am »

Add an option in the "import" mcws service to enable removing not found files which already were present in library under the specified path. Acting exactly like the "Fix Broken links" option when is set to "yes" in the AutoImport process but limited to the path sent as parameter.

edojan

• Recent member
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2020, 12:09:48 pm »

Ability to pin tabs in place is a pinnacle (pun intended) of consistency, stability, and predictability of the interface.  This feature would greatly reduce confusion for new users because they can create their own (persistent) set of tabs which would always be there.  In order to close a pinned tab, one would need to unpin it first. The pinned tabs would have a visual indicator, always be there (persist) and survive the restart.
When a pinned tab / view panel is active, and the user is exploring other tree nodes:
- JRiver would then open a new tab without closing the pinned tab(s) - just would shift the focus to the newly opened one.
- The unpinned (regular) tabs would work as usual
You can see how tab locking has been implemented in Total Commander. The locked tabs are indicated by an asterisk. In the screenshot below you can see right click menu options for a locked Media Center 27 tab. 

edojan

• Recent member
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2020, 12:24:19 pm »

Ability to create custom shortcuts and add them to the existing toolbars on the top / bottom.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2020, 01:34:18 pm »

The locked tabs are indicated by an asterisk.

I'm in favor of locked tabs, but would not like to see the asterisk symbol used - it draws too much attention.  I have a go-to app for file compare which uses the asterisk in a session tab to indicate the session parameters have changed, effectively a warning and suggestion to save the session if you want to keep the changes.

I'd suggest a caret (^), or a plus (+), or maybe a small padlock symbol, etc.

Related:  allow tabs to be dragged horizontally to re-order their positions, as in any modern web browser.  Locked tabs would maintain their relative positions.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2020, 02:19:23 pm »

I'd suggest a caret (^), or a plus (+), or maybe a small padlock symbol, etc.

It would be cool if on a pinned tab the close icon (X) changed to a pin/thumbtack icon. Then no space would be lost on the tab heading.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2020, 01:46:58 am »

Theater View  with Option 'Left Edge jumps to Top in Grid View Style' checked.
When holding down the 'left' key, please do stop when reaching the left border. Before jumping to Top, the key shold be released and pressed again.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2020, 07:05:15 am »

When watching a video in Theater View.  If the setting for Jump Behavior: Forward is set for X and the time remaining the the video is less than X you cannot skip to the end.  You have to watch whatever time remains, which is usually credits I don't care to watch.  This seems easily fixable.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2020, 02:39:32 am »

"Watch Later" / "Continue watching" / "Recently played" views accessible from many places in MC.

I know we can already do this with playlists/smartlists, but I'd like a them with a bit of intelligence and with dedicated presentations to them.

For example, when you have finished a movie, you should have the option to automatically remove it from the "Watch Later". A dialog could even come up asking you to rate it, and offering to remove it from Watch Later. You should be able to reorder and remove items easily to this view, just like you can with a playlist.

"Recently Played" could be a view with media icons (filters) in it (in all modes: Theater / Standard / Web) so you can see recently played albums, videos, and photos. Clicking on an entry in the list could also bring up a "Similar" list of movies/songs/artists in a sidebar.

"Continue watching" would be like recently played but putting your "progress %" front and center under the thumbnails.

These views should also be a tile like view with information on the tiles like your progress %, rating, and number of plays.

The views would be root level views in Standard and Theater view, or part of Playing now possibly. Adding items to the watchlist would also be a simple long touch/ right click operation from anywhere in the program.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2020, 02:47:52 am »

Save Movie posters in the designated Cover Art folder like all other media thumbnails/art is.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2020, 02:32:55 am »

Put Single Artist covers on top of Multiple Artist covers when fanning.
Otherwise artists with songs which are available on 'Hit' albums might look the same.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2020, 07:04:15 am »

Put Single Artist covers on top of Multiple Artist covers when fanning.
Otherwise artists with songs which are available on 'Hit' albums might look the same.

OR... have all artwork 'scroll' through all the covers, including for movies, where a series might have multiple movies.  Display each one for maybe a second or so, then show the next cover, etc

wer

« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2020, 10:35:24 pm »

Sort the Equalizer presets drop-down menu alphabetically, instead of the random maddening way it is now.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2020, 01:12:40 am »

Make the Tag/Field "Amazon ASIN" usable - at present it can't be edited and maybe even change it's name to "ASIN" to align MC with Discogs/cdPoweramp. Plus add it to the relevant section in the "Tag Window"
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2020, 07:33:34 am »

Sort the Equalizer presets drop-down menu alphabetically, instead of the random maddening way it is now.

We liked this one.  I was thinking about adding it, then Jim emailed it to me!  So next build will have this:
Changed: Equalizer presets are sorted by name (instead of randomly).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2020, 10:16:09 am »

When watching a video in Theater View.  If the setting for Jump Behavior: Forward is set for X and the time remaining the the video is less than X you cannot skip to the end.  You have to watch whatever time remains, which is usually credits I don't care to watch.  This seems easily fixable.

Thanks for reporting it.  It is fixed for the next build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2020, 10:29:42 pm »

Can fields such as [DESCRIPTION] be displayed in Panel to show a movie synopsis like it can in theater view?
When using Panel in a web browser, or via MC for Android, the only info that is shown about a movie is the [name] field and the cover image.
We stream to DLNA smart tv's in various rooms.  Invariably someone asks "What's that movie about?"
Don't know.
But in the main theater room, we would be using theater view on the HTPC and it displays the [DESCRIPTION] field plus any other fields I want using the theater view settings file info panel customization.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up