INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy VI -- Things we should have done because they were so simple  (Read 25825 times)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Too Easy VI -- Things we should have done because they were so simple
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2020, 06:04:15 am »

Apply MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW to the visible selection.
Currently it adds to PlayingNow the items selected in StandardView even you're in TheaterView and select a different item.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2020, 10:09:59 am »

OR, fix it so that <playitems> for /Play and other Play Controls at the command line takes either blank (as is currently documented for /Play but doesn't work right) or a special "selected" option to apply to whatever items are selected (no matter what View Mode is currently active).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2020, 06:24:47 am »

could we have an option to disregard tags in mkv or mp4 files at import and only rely on CARNAC or import rules
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2020, 05:38:20 am »

Please can we have an option/routine added to "Import a Single Folder" to provide a way of pruning the list of folders MC has previously been told to Import from.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2020, 09:55:06 pm »

Not sure how easy this is;....

I use F6 Rename, Move, Copy on audio files, a lot because I usually import into a folder "@Import Music" check the tags, and cover art is 'inside file' (to ensure the cover art will move with the files on upgrade or other clients). Then I hit F6 to move the tracks to a new folder based on those tags. The only problem is it picks up just audio tracks and not jpg, cover art folder etc associated with that album. Could be a dialog to select "other" files that simply moves if the tracks are being moved, without renaming over to the new folder also?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

audioriver

« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2020, 02:46:28 pm »

A keyboard shortcut/on-off toggle for Display Lyrics (when in Display View) would be really nice.  :)
Windows 10 Pro x64

Craig Shipley

• Recent member
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2020, 12:12:58 pm »

Allow some other default parameter to be selected in playlist creation other that "Media Type" or make the previous selection "sticky" so that if I select "Artist", the next playlist I create will have "Artist" as the selection.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2021, 06:31:53 pm »

I did try to see if this has already been requested....Can we make 'Recent Searches' selections more prominent in the search drop down window to speed searches up?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2021, 03:25:05 pm »

Save DSP to File should use the zone name by default as the file name rather than "DSP Preset"

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2021, 07:50:51 pm »

One I just discovered the need for. I browse certain related pages within JRiver such as this forum, wiki, Discogs etc. Would be great to be able to jump out of JRiver to the desktop browser on the same page that I am on in JRiver as sometimes I want other full functions like Find on page, processing purchase, translate etc.

I cannot see a way to do this in JRiver (27.0.66) right click anywhere in the window, tab title yields nothing. Can't see anything on the menu that would allow this either. Perhaps a little button next to the back,foward, refresh buttons on the top left of the window tabs, or on the tab itself near the little x close tab button?
Dave
------

Soundwave

• Recent member
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2021, 08:15:46 pm »

96dB/octave or more of Slope for PEQ? (In general, how expensive is this from a processing standpoint, I'm genuinely curious).

Also, I was wondering, if PEQ presets could be saved in some manner. If that's too much of a UI/design headache, could we have more PEQ slots instead of 2, but limit how many can be active at the same time (so you don't get processing bugs if trying to run too many PEQ's).

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2021, 08:55:08 am »

Grouping for multipart movies, videos called "Title"

Not sure how much of an issue this is these days, but for old dvd rips where long movies were split into multiple discs i made the following solution:

Make 2 custom tags
  • Title (manual)
  • Title

Title has a rule applied where if Title (manual) is empty, then use the file name as the value.

Then I make all of my video view use Title as the final category.  This lets me see the movies as 1 thumbnail.
I am sure other users must have come up with similar solutions. And it works a lot like the built in Album Artist (auto) tag.
I know that album category and album thumbnails kinda does this but it feels wrong for me to tag my movies with "albums".

Though its easy to set up I think it would be good for the program to offer this out of the box and for all of the default views to be populated with it so its visible to new users.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2021, 09:04:25 am »

In any view that an image is a PNG with transparent background, the image should be rendered either with an actual transparent background or made white.  Preferably MC would make it transparent so that the skin would take over, but at least not white/gray boxes would be an improvement:

Here is the view of my Cover Art/ Composers directory in File Explorer:

The same image in MC:

This is easy to get around as the user, by saving the image as a JPEG, but it would be nice if MC did this automatically.  Perhaps the "Get Images" function should just skip PNGs all together.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2021, 10:22:34 am »

In any view that an image is a PNG with transparent background, the image should be rendered either with an actual transparent background or made white.  Preferably MC would make it transparent so that the skin would take over, but at least not white/gray boxes would be an improvement:

The thumbnails in Media Center are stored as JPEG files, so transparency is not supported.  For that reason we put a checkerboard in transparent regions.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2021, 02:45:30 pm »

The thumbnails in Media Center are stored as JPEG files, so transparency is not supported.  For that reason we put a checkerboard in transparent regions.

Ok.  In that case, I think it'd be better as white (so it matched the border on the thumbnail).  For now, I've found other images manually for these composers where a transparent PNG came in from the Get Images.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2021, 03:22:15 pm »

Add Aspect ratio override to the OSD, not just the fixed ratio cropping options we have now. Please add 1:1 as an aspect ratio override. Some VR gameplay capture videos on Rift using NVidia Shadowplay are really 1:1 aspect ratio but the video is recorded in 16:9. Currently the best way to watch these is 4:3, but it's still not accurate.

wer

« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2021, 04:38:14 pm »

Shadowplay has known problems with aspect ratio.  If the recording made by it are faulty, and none of the Shadowplay workarounds work, you could simply modify the aspect ratio flag in the MP4 file to fix the file. Then it will display properly in all playback software.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2021, 08:40:11 pm »

Shadowplay has known problems with aspect ratio.  If the recording made by it are faulty, and none of the Shadowplay workarounds work, you could simply modify the aspect ratio flag in the MP4 file to fix the file. Then it will display properly in all playback software.
Thanks for the info. I am trying to get OBS configured instead. But still, the request to have aspect ratio override as part of the OSD would be nice.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2021, 04:15:32 am »

If this is an easy task. Possibility to view waveform in other parts of MC, not only on display area and an option to have a thin/thick size when it is display. Or maybe an option to edit the waveform inside MC.
Thanks

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2021, 05:16:21 am »

Keyboard shortcut to toggle hide/show left side panel (the one with tree and action window)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2021, 05:42:01 am »

Add an option (to Options > File Location perhaps) to allow the user to specify a default folder for dsp preset files (to make it easy to share and backup such files by using a network drive)

An alternative, but which might be more work, would be to allow such files to be imported into the library (as a specific media subtype?) and hence loaded as a library item.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2021, 12:15:15 pm »

1) Add menu item / keyboard shortcut to open the very useful Edit Lyrics Popup Window.

Currently it takes 5 keyboard hits:  Action Window > Tag > Advanced > Lyrics > Edit in Popup
I propose direct access through RMB context menu of the song, and/or the top Edit menu, and/or the top Tools menu, and/or RMB context menu in full screen cover art/lyrics window.

2) The Edit Lyrics Popup Window is currently "modal" - everything else is blocked while it is open.  Please keep it "always on top" but non-modal so that at a minimum I can change songs, stop/start play, rewind while it is open (or keep it modal, but add these basic controls to the popup itself).

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2021, 04:17:46 am »

On Tree, change cursor icon to finger when pointer is over collapse/expand element. It is really hard sometimes to collapse/expand when you don't know if you are over correct area.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2021, 02:20:18 am »

Add an option to only create stack particles (via the "Auto Create BD/DVD Titles") if the title is longer than a user specified minimum duration

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2021, 06:12:37 am »

Add an option to only create stack particles (via the "Auto Create BD/DVD Titles") if the title is longer than a user specified minimum duration
Good idea.  What minimum should we suggest as a default?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2021, 07:07:54 am »

Good idea.  What minimum should we suggest as a default?
I would personally choose a relatively large value (~10mins) as I'm only interested in actual episodes (so that invariably means >=20 mins) and focus on TV shows. makemkv has a similar option which defaults to 120s so perhaps that makes a reasonably safe global default.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2021, 07:47:22 am »

We could go with 120 seconds and see how it works.

Soundwave

• Recent member
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2021, 12:33:58 pm »

Opus support since the ogg container is already supported anyway.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2021, 07:22:20 am »

It is an old request and I hope to see this one day implemented.

Right now on the tag window where the image is, we have two information about the location and size of the file.

One is shown below the picture and one you can see if you hover the mouse.

So a request which may be easy, is to limit showing that info only on hover, or make optional for just images type and not audio/video. That way when using the image in the tag window, I don't want to have that info in my face all the time.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2021, 12:11:59 pm »

Another easy request (hope so), can we have the window of this area way bigger, right now is allowing only 4 lines and if you have a bigger expression you can see it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2021, 01:02:47 pm »

Another easy request (hope so), can we have the window of this area way bigger, right now is allowing only 4 lines and if you have a bigger expression you can see it.

A coming MC will change this.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2021, 10:09:06 am »

@Matt thanks for this addition. But I will try again with one. On Field List Mode when we click we have some options to sort. Can you add this option, select by and then add a-z, z-a or random? And if I'm still here with this, I think the sort doesn't work properly, maybe you can have a look.
Thanks.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2021, 02:35:22 pm »

I like the new freeze column feature and am using it to freeze "image (large thumbnail)" in my detailed views for music. I manually widen this column to make the thumbnails larger.

Unfortunately "auto size all columns" resets this column width.

Suggestion: Freeze column should freeze the width of the column.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2021, 05:42:18 pm »

When the toolbar is empty (default)....right clicking doesn't work.  The help wiki says to right click a button to choose "Customize Toolbar" 

It took me a while to find the  "Customize Toolbar"  option when the toolbar is empty.   Maybe add the choice by right clicking on it even when blank.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2021, 06:06:40 pm »

When the toolbar is empty (default)....right clicking doesn't work.  The help wiki says to right click a button to choose "Customize Toolbar" 

It took me a while to find the  "Customize Toolbar"  option when the toolbar is empty.   Maybe add the choice by right clicking on it even when blank.
Right click in the empty space, not on a button.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2021, 11:17:08 pm »

I don't know when it was added, but I love that I can now use the Fill Track Numbers From List Order feature to fill in any field I choose. My only gripe is that it doesn't remember the custom field name I used and instead keeps defaulting to the same two Track # and Episode #.

Also, this tool could benefit greatly from the presets system in use elsewhere.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2021, 05:13:35 am »

Right click in the empty space, not on a button.

Just realized this works OK with Linux but not with Mac.   My Mac doesn't do anything with right clicking on empty space (I use the Green Eyes skin).   The MC in Raspi does.  On the Mac...the Menu options (File, Edit, View, etc....are on the very top and the customized buttons directly below.  On the Raspi, the Menu items and the customized buttons are all on the same bar.

With the Mac - right clicking doesn't work on either the empty bar or the menu bar but works once at least one button is inserted from the OPTIONS submenu - but only on the button...not the empty space.

Soundwave

• Recent member
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2021, 08:25:21 am »

Is there a possibility to show what section of a file you're on with your mouse over the track's timeline? Like if I hove over portions of the duration, would it be possible to see what portion am I going to land before actually doing it? (Some sort of UI that will show this information before I actually click to go into that point in the track?)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up