INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: JRemote to not resume playing when re-opening the app (iOS)  (Read 725 times)

Ferdi

• World Citizen

One thing that has annoyed me for a long time - and caused various 'ups soooooory' moments - is this behavior:
  • play music on JRemote
  • stop playback on JRemote - in app or on lock-screen
  • open any other app
  • open JRemote again: music resumes playback automatically
Especially when JRemote is playing to a sound system in a room full of people (e.g., guest lecture in a university), this can create 'unprofessional' moments.

Feature request: When I chose to stop playback, the app should resume playback only when I hit 'play' again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Stop or pause?

JRemote settings?

Ferdi

• World Citizen

Stop or pause?
Good point and you are right of course about pause and stop.

Here's why I haven't noticed the difference: when I play music from the album view in JRemote - which is what I usually do - the bottom of the screen only shows the pause button, not the stop button.
Can that be changed in the settings?

Ferdi

• World Citizen

To add an example to further my point:

Last night I played from JRemote to a set of grouped Sonos speakers; the speaker, in which my stay-over guest slept, was included in that group (aka Zone, in MR language). When going to bed, I used the on-screen button to end the playback.
This morning then I got up and wanted to let my friend sleep in. So I removed the 'Sonos Guest Room' from the grouped set of speakers and played radio in the kitchen. Unfortunately, this prompted JRiver to resume playback in my friends room, which now, as a stand-alone dlna device, must have signaled something to the MC server to this effect. It made his waking-up a rather unpleasant experience. Luckily he's from the tech industry as well and laughed it off.

This is just one example, in which the unwanted, unexpected automatic resume-play feature of JRemote has been really annoying and awkward.

Thanks to your hint above, Jim, I know what I should have done last night: instead of using the lock-screen way to end playback, I should have opened the phone, re-open or even restart JRemote, click on the small display of the song currently playing, to then find the stop button.
That's really not intuitive though, and it takes way to many steps.

The simple solution is to add a stop button on bottom of screen, as per image.

I am sincerely hoping you consider my request to change the app's behavior :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up