INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Update Causing Problems  (Read 536 times)

drewh111

• Recent member
Windows Update Causing Problems
« on: February 12, 2020, 12:12:51 pm »

I am running Media Center as a black box and every time I get an update (not sure if windows or JRiver) I lose my Auto import settings and the auto import stops working.  I copy my music files to the server from another computer and then rely on auto update to import so I can listen.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Windows Update Causing Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:25:45 pm »

I am running Media Center as a black box and every time I get an update (not sure if windows or JRiver) I lose my Auto import settings and the auto import stops working.  I copy my music files to the server from another computer and then rely on auto update to import so I can listen.
all tho your post is confusing as you speak of "an update" in the first sentence and then in the last you speak of "rely on auto update"

it must be a windows update as MC25 is no longer producing updates!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows Update Causing Problems
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 03:38:30 pm »

Plus neither Windows updates or MC updates remove Auto Import settings, or stop them working, normally.

I would guess that a Windows update has occurred, but it needs one or more reboots of the server before it finishes the update and loads all software correctly. Hence, MC Auto Import doesn't work as something isn't loaded or some other issue.

Requiring multiple reboots after a Windows update is a common as mud issue. For big updates, I reboot three times to be sure!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up