INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio output suddenly not working  (Read 1857 times)

ixne

• Recent member
Audio output suddenly not working
« on: July 30, 2020, 09:10:06 am »

I don't recall making any big changes to my headless linux system, but all of a sudden I can't get MC26 to actually output through any available interface.  When I play a file, it starts up fine and appears to be playing through the interface but I get no audio through my DAC. I tried switching through all other possible audio interfaces, hardware/USB/direct (stopping and restarting play every time), I even tried through the onboard computer speaker, with the same result - previously these had all worked. None of these actions threw any overt error messages.

The DAC works fine through the default gnome music app. I can stream local files to remote MC instances without problem. I also tried several reboots, turning off all services associated with MC and just loading a fresh instance through vnc. System is fully updated/upgraded.  A clean re-install didn't fix the problem.

I've attached the log, basically it records me sending an mp3 for playback through my default hw DAC interface then stopping after a few seconds.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio output suddenly not working
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 09:20:18 am »

Volume muted?

Try powering both devices down and back up.

ixne

• Recent member
Re: Audio output suddenly not working
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 10:16:28 am »

Volume muted?

Try powering both devices down and back up.

Hah, I'm an idiot.  The volume was muted, must have been an errant mouse click cause I never touch that control normally, didn't even think about that.

Please delete and let's never speak of this again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up