INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashing on import  (Read 1950 times)

maynard99

• Recent member
MC crashing on import
« on: August 05, 2020, 07:04:06 pm »

I just installed MC 26 on Linux Mint 20 and seemed to be working ok. I imported music files,then when I came back to it later I tried to log in to cloudplay and it crashed. Restarted app and within about 10 seconds it crashed again.  I looked through the forum and saw someone had an issue with auto-import, so I removed files from Music folder, and from auto-import settings.  I then started adding files back manually a few at a time.  Seemed to work for longer, but then problem recurred. I have attached log files.  Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC crashing on import
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 12:44:37 pm »

I have done quite a a few distro tryouts in the last week or so on my 10" lenovo AMD A4 laptop test machine (about equivalent to a pi 4) and had some new installs inexplicably crashing (just exiting without warning). They seem to have occurred when installing versions 101 or 103 from the .deb files on a fresh os install (manjaro, debian raspi desktop, xubuntu). After installing .94 all was good even after re-installing 103 afterward.

Mind you some of these occurred quite "late at night", may not be replicated, and YMMV.

Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 12:49:33 pm »

I'm not seeing anything in the log included.
There isn't anything being imported in it.

What types of files are you guys importing in general?

Could you perhaps get a log from one that crashed?

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 03:52:06 pm »

Thanks Bob, there is no chance of getting logs for my perceived issues, all is already overwritten on the test machine. If it happens again I will pursue documenting it.

If the OP installed MC using the latest .deb file on a fresh os install reverting back to .94 is an option to try imo.

Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

maynard99

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 09:39:05 am »

I tried again with same results.  Log and system info are attached.  I reinstalled version 25.0.114 and it works fine, no crashes yet.
Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 08:10:59 am »

Are you using the 26.0.106 build?
We did discover a case where a crash could happen if MC went to analyze a missing file.
You might try turning off analyze audio in your import settings if it's on.

maynard99

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 08:33:40 am »

I was on the 103 build, but updated to 106 after seeing a similar problem on the board here.  Same result, so I followed advice given to that person and downgraded to version 94.  That one works for me. 
I don't think I had analyze audio on in import settings because I went with all the defaults in auto-import, and it is not enabled on this version.
Thanks.

JLDoctore

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 01:31:43 pm »

I've the same problem since i have installed UBUNTU 20.04 LTS.
The option analyze audio in my import settings is off.
The files are essentialy FLAC and they are on a Synology NAS.
No problem to connect through the network, this is stable.
I'm using the 26.0.107 build.
How to downgraded to version 94 on UBUNTU ?
NUC INTEL 6th generation, SSD with Ubuntu 19.01 MC26 et SSD Nvme with Ubuntu 20.04 (MC27 soon), NAS Synology 1819+, DAC Heed Abacus+PRIMARE Amplifier et Preanplifier, BW 804. HD Music only!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 01:38:07 pm »

Try importing one file type at a time.  MP3, for example.

JLDoctore

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 04:02:55 pm »

J'ai mon ancienne library sur ue autre ssd dans mon pc mais je ne sais pas où la trouver (la mise à jour UBUNTU 19->20.04 LTS a crashe aussi j'ai tout réinstallé sur un autre ssd). Je pensais la recopier sur ma nouvelle install au bon emplacement que je ne connais pas.
NUC INTEL 6th generation, SSD with Ubuntu 19.01 MC26 et SSD Nvme with Ubuntu 20.04 (MC27 soon), NAS Synology 1819+, DAC Heed Abacus+PRIMARE Amplifier et Preanplifier, BW 804. HD Music only!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up