INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Composer and then display whole albums  (Read 1692 times)

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
Search Composer and then display whole albums
« on: August 20, 2020, 09:26:06 am »

Hi
Sorry if this has been asked before. I did search but cannot seem to find an answer specifically for this issue. I want to set up a library view "Composers" which will (obviously) show thumbnails per composer. However the default behaviour when clicking on a composer is to show the albums and then only the works by that composer on that album. This seems logical and often desirable. However I also want the choice of selecting the WHOLE album that this composer appears on and play that. I tried the search bar at the top of the whole screen and it does the same thing. Any ideas how to do this folks?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Search Composer and then display whole albums
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 12:34:40 pm »

Did you try editing the view?  Right click on it and choose Customize.

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 03:24:18 am »

So sorry @JimH I did not see your reply come in and then I moved on to other issues. I never did solve this and just tried again. I did right click and I have added Composer and Album to the left column and this is what results in selecting composer then the next view shows you the albums the composer appears on, but if you then click on the album it only shows the actual track by that composer. What I am trying to achieve is seeing ALL the tracks on the album. Maybe this isn't possible in MC.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 06:47:17 am »

Right-click on any track and choose Locate and then Album. Does this do what you want?

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 08:45:03 am »

Thanks for pointing that out but that doesn’t really do it. The result of that is to display lots of mini albums separating out every composer on the album and then clicking on those just shows a list of that composers tracks. What I would like to do is either display the results from the library view as complete albums containing the relevant composer or as you say a right click to display complete album as one. I wish I was smart enough at expressions because I’ll bet there is one I could add to the customise dialogue that would do just that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up