INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View include TV?  (Read 1648 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Theater View include TV?
« on: August 24, 2020, 06:55:12 am »

I have searched and I must be missing something obvious. I am clicking around in Tools, Options, Theater settings - but I can't work out how to get TV or recorded TV to be available as a menu option in Theater view. TV works fine opening in the standard view.

Also is there a list of MCE remote buttons that work and ones that do not or not supported. My MCE Remote works fine to control MC, with OK, Vol up down, play pause, next track, channel up down etc. but the function jump buttons for videos, pictures, TV etc do not do anything. The MCE Windows icon etc does nothing?

I am running Windows MC 26.0.106 (x64) with Compro VideoMate E900F Dual tuner card with MCE type

Thanks David @ Brisbane AU
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Theater View include TV?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 07:23:23 am »

In Theater View, under Video, "Guide" is "TV Guide".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 07:44:36 am »

Recorded programs are under Shows or Movies.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 08:30:10 am »

Thanks guys - I knew it would be something straight forward... I didn't realise I had to go via the guide, then menus again to watch. Thought I could just launch it then chennel surf while it's running.

Is there any way to get my MCE remote media jump buttons (Top buttons movie, radio, audio, picture, Recorder TV, Guide, live TV, DVD menu, DVD Submenu) to be recognised by theatre view? The only settings I can see in the options is to program MC as IR transmitter - not the receiver? ie MC learns the transmitted signal for one of these which is programmed to jump to the right theatre view?

Thanks
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 04:38:22 pm »

The following buttons on my MCE remote still work for me:

The Green Button - brings you to Theater View
LIVE TV - plays your last played channel
GUIDE - brings you to Video/Guide in Theater View
RECORDED TV - brings you to Video/Shows in Theater View

Not sure if yours has a compatibility issue.  Mine does look different from yours.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 04:48:47 pm »

Thanks guys - I knew it would be something straight forward... I didn't realise I had to go via the guide, then menus again to watch. Thought I could just launch it then chennel surf while it's running.

Once you are in the guide grid, use arrow keys to find a program.  If the program is currently showing, you can use the Play button to start playing, or use Record button to record.  This will let you use one or two fewer presses.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 05:52:03 am »

Thanks for the info guys that helps!
Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 02:21:21 am »

Sorry .. another related question.

When in Tools, Options, Remote, Commands - it is not clear whether this relates to programming IR Blaster output or interpreting MCE Input. Is this section only all about output and not input? In JRiver is there a place where I can fine tune MCE Remote key input? For example at the moment my MCE Remote above when I hit Rewind it must be received as Ctrl+Shift+B because in Theatre or standard view, it brings up the Library Backup dialog! For a user diving into this area or theatre view for the first time - the layout of this section is very confusing so some small edits to explain the context would go a long way.

If tweaking the keys/commands being received from MCE remote is completely outside the scope of JRiver - that's fine, but if it labelled more clearly I would not have spent hours in here poking around trying to fix my remote receiving behaviour. Is anyone aware of any software out there that can. The HP IR Receiver comes with no software - driver is loaded automatically - I can't find anything that helps fix problems like the rewind key above?
Dave
------

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 05:21:11 pm »

The dialogue you are showing in your post is used to define or modify MCE Command inputs, and the actions MC will take as a result of receiving them.
MC already knows all the standard MCE commands and what actions to take. Even though the "Learned trigger code" shows as a ?, the IR commands will work without learning codes. Learning codes simply overrides the default action.
On my system, this functionality has limitations, as MC can only learn MCE Commands, and not any other IR Commands.

Blaster (IR command outputs) functionality is set up in a separate area, accessed by clicking the "Next" button in the bottom right corner of the "Options > Remote Control" dialogue, as per the instructions at the top.
I don't use a Blaster, but the setup for a Blaster should be able to learn commands from any device. i.e. A TV volume up IR code, which is proprietary and specific to the brand and model of TV, should be learnable by MC as a Blaster command, and MC should blast that out to the TV, when the components are set up correctly.

The Wikis could certainly use some work.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 05:34:33 am »

Thanks for the time taken, this does help a lot now I know what I am up against.

David
Dave
------

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 12:47:09 pm »

Also, I created a 'Recorded TV' view in Theater View that only showed files in a specific directory (in my case, C:\Recorded TV).  This helped me keep recorded shows and movies separate from bluray rips, etc.  Also allowed me to sort by date recorded instead of alphabetically (which is how I would want my other media sorted). 

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 03:48:17 am »

Thanks all. I invested in a cheap ebay IR USB receiver (TSDX-IR14) and ditched the TV Tuner card specific IR receiver. Now the MCE remote works exactly as expected for all functions!!
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 07:34:19 am »

Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up