INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Like to print a list of my collection  (Read 959 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Like to print a list of my collection
« on: August 27, 2020, 11:21:56 am »

I would like to see a better way to print out my collection of Movies.

When I have selected the Video > Files view, there is a "Print" selection/button but that prints all the columns in that view. To get a useable print out (one Movie with some details per Row) I have to remove a lot of the columns (details) from my view.

I would like to be able to select only the columns I want to include in the Print without having to remove them from the view (and then add them back after the print is completed).

So when the "Print" feature is selected, it would be great to have a drop down box where one checks the columns they want to include in the printout (i.e. Movie name, release date, file size, SD or HD, etc.).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Like to print a list of my collection
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:35:20 am »

You can select columns you want and then copy and paste to a spreadsheet.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 12:25:52 pm »

You can select columns you want and then copy and paste to a spreadsheet.
I suppose - but that means using Excel (which I don't have on my HTPC). But it would be nicer, IMO, if I could just click the "Print" button that is already built into MC and select the columns I want to print.
I guess this is not "easy to do" programming. Thanks for listening.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 12:45:21 pm »

You can use Google Drive > Spreadsheets from any browser, then print locally.  You can also then access it from any machine that runs a browser and has an Internet connection.  It requires a gmail account.

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 02:02:25 pm »

If you are comfortable with executing python, I can quickly write you a script that does that using pymcws. You can call that from any pc that is able to connect to your htpc.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 07:10:49 pm »

I would just copy the View I wanted to use for printing, delete the columns from it and print.

Then if I always printed using the same columns, keep the new View, with an appropriate name. If I always changed the columns, delete it and recreate what I wanted next time.

If I had multiple Views for printing and was keeping them, I would probably create a "Print" View group, and put all Views I used for printing in there so that the left Navigation Bar didn't get cluttered by them.

If they were a mix of Movies, Shows, and Audio Views I would just need to make sure that the rules included the correct Media Type and Sub Type, rather than have the Views inherit the parent View rules.

PS: But I do use the Copy and Paste into Excel method myself, as I have Excel on my Workstation, which when connected as a Client of my HTPC gives me full access to the data for copying.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 08:22:18 am »

Thanks for the work-around.
I was just posting in the thread for "improvements I would like to see" to make MC easier.
I don't do a full collection print that often - and maybe its not an easy thing for JRiver to reprogram, so I'll just muddle through.
Pages: [1]   Go Up