INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Freeze Columns  (Read 6208 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
NEW: Freeze Columns
« on: August 31, 2020, 10:50:58 am »

Description
Media Center 27 adds the long ago promised feature of freezing columns.  Once a column is frozen, it stays on the left despite any other scrolling.

Instructions
To freeze a column, right-click the column header and choose "Freeze Column".  It will snap to the left and stay there.

To unfreeze the column, right-click again and pick "Unfreeze Column".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: Freeze Columns
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 11:05:08 am »

Could unfreeze possibly also put the column back where it came from originally?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:06:53 am »

Well you can freeze a column, then restart the program.  It will still be frozen, but we didn't store where it came from originally.  So I'm not sure that'll be in the cards right away.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 04:13:16 pm »

Is there a way to freeze all columns until the specified one? ie, like Excel works.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 06:28:43 pm »

Interesting effect with the Thumbnail image when freezing one column and then scrolling right. The image slides over the frozen column data. I like it!

What is not so neat is that when I create a set of three frozen columns, [Artist] [Name] [Track #], when I scroll right the heading of the [Name] column is covered by the names of the columns scrolling from the right. So I can no longer see the "Name" column heading, but I can see the "Artist" and "Track #" heading.

When I want to freeze more than one column, I have to remember to do it is the reverse order to what I want to see once I have finished freezing columns, as a new frozen column always goes to the far left. I can drag and drop frozen columns, but then they lose their frozen state and just stay to the right of the remaining frozen columns.

In fact, all columns to the right of where I drop a previously frozen column are unfrozen.

It would be nice if frozen columns could be dragged into the order I want on the left, and would retain their frozen state.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 03:57:41 pm »

Haven't been around much lately, but thank you for adding this!

blackearth

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 03:17:25 pm »

Just upgraded to 27.  How do I keep column widths from changing once I get them sized how I like them?

wer

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 03:45:13 pm »

By turning off the auto size columns option.

blackearth

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 04:30:58 pm »

By turning off the auto size columns option.

Auto Size All Columns doesn't have a check mark next to it.  So I'm not able to turn it off.  =/

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 03:22:51 pm »

I finally got around to installing v27 and playing around with "freeze columns"...  I've frozen about 4 columns.

The Seq field is determined to stay on the left after a program restart... and when I scroll right the right columns simply move over the frozen columns in a transparent kind of way meaning I can't read the frozen columns or the columns scrolled right.

If I move the Seq field from the left most column, the problem goes away, until the next program restart

And I doing something wrong?

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 09:31:37 am »

Auto Size All Columns doesn't have a check mark next to it.  So I'm not able to turn it off.  =/

Idem. I've unchecked Auto Size and the Library still automatically reverts to the default layout.
Pages: [1]   Go Up