INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are smartlists supported in JR For Android (smartphones)  (Read 1667 times)

dhiggins

• World Citizen
Are smartlists supported in JR For Android (smartphones)
« on: September 03, 2020, 08:48:54 am »

Can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere on the site.

I'm looking to buy JR for android (for use on a Samsung Galaxy)

Really mainly want to just play local files (local on the actual phone itself).

But I'd like to be able to build smartlists just like the Desktop version (to query various tag fields).

Are smartlists supported like that or do they just copy over the files that match the smartlist at the time of Sync?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Are smartlists supported in JR For Android (smartphones)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 02:42:51 pm »

Smartlists will work in JRiver for Android. However, at the moment, you cannot create a smartlist in JRiver for Android.

If you try to sync a smartlist, I believe it will transfer the files, but not the smartlist.

What you can do, if you have Media Center 26 or later, is create a smartlist in Media Center. Then, right click the smartlist and select Export playlist. Under Format, make sure JRiver Smartlist XML is selected. You can then transfer that jsxml file to your Android device and import it with JRiver for Android.

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 03:11:10 pm »

Thanks for the response. I kind of gathered as much from the responses to some of the related posts, but I wanted to be sure.

Kinda stinks, as I've been unable to find any phone app that can search on anything other than Artist/Genre/Song/Album, and, some cases, Composer.

I guess JRiver's desktop smartlists have spoiled me :)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 11:58:12 pm »

Hey everyone, to piggyback on this thread, if I want to make a playlist (instead of a smartlist) to play on my Android phone with JRiver for Android (and possibly other music apps), what are the export settings you recommend?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up