INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing iTunes .Wav Library  (Read 1774 times)

RonH

• Recent member
Importing iTunes .Wav Library
« on: September 06, 2020, 03:05:39 pm »

Hi, I am currently using iTunes on my MAC for my music management and playback with over 1,600 albums / 24,000 songs.  My library is strictly .wav. I have tried to import from the iTunes folder, the .ITL file and .XML file without success.

I hope that MC will be able to read my iTunes .ITL and .XML files correctly including the album artwork. Are there any specific instructions on how to do this successfully?

Thanks!

Ron

erviv

• World Citizen
Re: Importing iTunes .Wav Library
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 07:06:47 am »

You can search these forums, or do a google search for the answer (example search JRiver Import iTunes) you can check out this link:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121730.0.html
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

RonH

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 08:44:10 am »

Hi Erviv

Thank you so much for your response.  Before I posted I read all the material on yabb and the internet as you suggested.   None of this leads me to a successful import from iTunes.  There does not seem to be a step by step set of instructions that I can find.  Meaning do I point to the .itl, .xml, iTunes main folder or the actual music files.

Thanks!

Ron

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 08:59:53 am »

The  link above is accurate.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121730.0.html

What is unclear about it?

Maybe you missed the fact that you must tell iTunes to save as XML first.

You then point MC to that XML file.  It will include the media files and playlists, without disturbing them.

RonH

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 10:18:19 am »

Thanks Jim.  Okay, this appears to be user error.  I am testing MC before I install it on my main system and of course I forgot to connect the hard drive with music files. Once I did that MC is importing correctly with all the metadata and album art.  Very exciting!

Thank you both for your guidance and I will let you know if I run into any snags.

All the best

Ron

RonH

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 08:59:14 am »

Hi Matt

Has there been any progress on the files I sent you, so that I can successfully import my MAC iTunes XML file into MC?

I know you are busy on MC 27, but I need to know if I will be able to use MC or I need to move on.

Thanks, Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up