INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC26.0107 "buffering and not responding" issues  (Read 1373 times)

fandutoit

MC26.0107 "buffering and not responding" issues
« on: September 12, 2020, 04:20:07 am »

Greetings All,
Despite using this fantastic software for a few years, it is my first post.
My MC26 resides on MacPro 2010, 2 x 2.4GHz quad CPU's 16GB RAM, WD Black Caviar HDD, High Sierra OS and connected via USB cable to Chord Hugo TT DAC. This Mac is only dedicated to music and does not run anything else... MC26 has been assigned all the resources available.  All was wonderful, until I updated to the latest version. Since then, sometime several times a day when I selected the next track, or next album, "Buffering" would be displayed and nothing happens. I need to force quit MC26 and restart the app.
Any ideas?  Thank you for you assistance. Steven

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC26.0107 "buffering and not responding" issues
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 07:01:08 am »

Do  you know what version last worked?

Try turning off auto-import.

You shouldn't have to assign resources.

If your files are on a USB drive, it should be on a USB 3.0 port.  Try a different port.

fandutoit

Re: MC26.0107 "buffering and not responding" issues
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 07:14:24 am »

I am not using USB drives, all my files are on internal HDDs (there are 4 bays). I am pretty sure that this problem started just with the last version, and as I am checking for updates every few days, it would indicate everything was fine with the previous one (not sure what number).  Will switch off auto import. You are right with resources - no need to assign. I did have to do it couple of years ago, when trying Audiorvana. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up