INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Web App and Sonos  (Read 2355 times)

NorthGeorgiaWX

• Recent member
  • It's a jeep thing... you wouldn't understand
JRiver Web App and Sonos
« on: September 24, 2020, 05:36:22 pm »

Ok, got all of the Sonos working in the house. I have 8 Sonos amps and a Sonos Port that is being fed from a NUC. After the latest MC27 update all renderers, including all Sonos renderers now show up. I've setup a generic DLNA that coverts everything sent to any Sonos renderer to 16 bit 48 khz (Sonos spec) and all play great. The great part is the web app can control the volume without the need for the Sonos app.

I know in the settings part of the web app, I can select any renderer it sees on the network, and right now that's what I've been doing.
Here's my question.

I have have two guest rooms downstairs, both have a Sonos amp, so a corresponding renderer, and I can play to those directly from the JRiver browser app without issue. I can select the corresponding Sonos renderer from the dropdown box in the web app and it works.  What I want to do is lock down that setting so that when a guest picks up a tablet in guest room A and starts to play music, it will ONLY come from the Sonos renderer for guest room A that I've previously selected.

I guess I have questions about the authentication settings for the "Media Network" settings.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Web App and Sonos
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 05:52:41 pm »

This goes beyond the capabilities of the authentication settings. Even if the guest rooms only had read-only access, this would not prevent them from changing zones.

Your only option in this case might be to have each guest room connected to it's own server.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 06:52:54 pm »

JRemote lets you associate a zone with a server.  Might work.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 04:39:49 am »

Could you explain your setup just a little more?

Do you have:
                                                               /> Sonos Amp
MC Server -> NUC -> DLNA -> Sonos Port -> Sonos Amp
                                                               \> Sonos Amp

Which would mean Sonos was directing the output to each Sonos Amp, and not MC. Unless the Sonos Port presents the Amps as Renderers.

Or do you have them set up as:

/> NUC -> Sonos Amp
MC Server via DLNA  -> NUC -> Sonos Amp
                                \> NUC -> Sonos Amp

That is, a NUC in each guest room, and each NUC feeds a Sonos Amp. In which case, how does the Sonos Port fit in?

Or some other configuration?

Also, when you say the JRiver Web App, do you mean Panel, which runs in a browser, or do you mean a App on the tablet, such as JRemote2?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 11:41:27 pm »

Hello,

Can you please explain again how you make the settings in JRiver to downgrade my hi-res music (24bit - 96khz and 24bit - 192khz) to 16 bit and 24 bit - 48khz ?

I am facing the problem that my hi-res music cannot be played directly using the Sonos app. That's why I would like to sedn my music through JRiver to the Sone One SL.

Thanks for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 12:12:12 am »

DSP Studio / Output Settings for local playback.

For network playback read about conversation in the DLNA topic on the wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up