INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where does the list of musicians go?  (Read 1249 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Where does the list of musicians go?
« on: April 16, 2003, 08:00:37 am »

In what field do you guys place the list of an albums musicians in the file info/properties window? And what are the pro's and con's? Personally, I've ended up using the 'Notes' field, mostly because it is editable and will take a (seemingly) unlimited number of letters, but I'd like to hear others' experiences . .

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Where does the list of musicians go?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 08:34:08 am »

I used to use the comment field....But now that we can create custom fields using the list data type  :), I'm putting lists of muscians, soloists, cast members, etc. in custom fields.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 09:45:12 am »

I used to use the comment field....But now that we can create custom fields using the list data type  :), I'm putting lists of muscians, soloists, cast members, etc. in custom fields.

Thanks. Although I have added a couple on my own already, could you (or someone else) please explain to me what the differences are between Name, Display and Keywords? (When adding a new field, that is)

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 11:07:19 am »

Thanks!  I totally missed this feature.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 11:17:30 am »

Do you guys ever wonder if you spend more time organizing your music than you do listening to it?

I realized that one night... I've spent hours organizing music, only to find that I never really just listen to it.

rocketsauce

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 04:07:38 pm »

Absolutely! I spend tons more time filling in tags and scanning covers than I do actually listening to any of the music, but I get that warm fuzzy feeling every time I open MC.

I used to spend hours organizing/moving/fiddling with my LPs and CDs. At one point I even catalogued my entire collection using 3x5 notecards. Now I have cataloging software and all those cards that I wrote by hand are being used as scratch paper.

Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 04:15:34 pm »

I used to spend hours organizing/moving/fiddling with my LPs and CDs. At one point I even catalogued my entire collection using 3x5 notecards. Now I have cataloging software and all those cards that I wrote by hand are being used as scratch paper.

Rob

I think Peter Sohal, our marketing guru, would love to use that quote.  It's nice to hear.

JolDC

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 05:52:49 am »

Do you guys ever wonder if you spend more time organizing your music than you do listening to it?

I realized that one night... I've spent hours organizing music, only to find that I never really just listen to it.

No, because while I am editing and organizing I am also listening.  Why have MC open and not have music playing? :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up