INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: connecting Pono to jriver media center  (Read 2483 times)

krb66

connecting Pono to jriver media center
« on: September 28, 2020, 02:12:32 pm »

i just got a pono but i cant seem to get it to be recognized by my computer and jriver media.                                                                                                     what am i doing wrong?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: connecting Pono to jriver media center
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 06:27:49 pm »

what am i doing wrong?

Honestly, you bought a Pono.

The service was discontinued in 2017. The software will have no new updates. The MC integration will have no new updates (though it should continue to work). There is little information on how to use it.

But if you search the forum for Pono you will find instructions. I believe that if Windows sees the Pono storage (internal and external storage), then MC will, and you can sync to it, just as if it was a drive. If Windows doesn't see the Pono, fix Windows.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 06:40:42 pm »

Honestly, you bought a Pono.
The service struggled, but the device itself is amazingly good.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 06:51:10 pm »

I understood that. It was a bit of a shame it's success was tied to the service.

KRB66 must have bought the Pono secondhand, which I could understand for the device alone. But if it isn't seen by Windows it may be busted, and as the company is gone there will be no fix for that. Well, not without going all Geek on it and fixing it, or having someone else fix it.

The good thing is that the forum should contain enough information to at least confirm if it is working, and connecting, or not.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 07:12:14 pm »

As long as your external SDCard slot is good it works great.
Don't even bother with the internal memory.

Karrma

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 12:34:22 am »

I have had a PONO since the kickstarter, and it still works.  Sometimes the USB connection to the computer works, and the computer recognizes the internal SD card, and sometimes does not, I would just retry plugging the PONO in again.  I used this only to update the software on the internal SD card, and try to pamper the internal SD card, and not fill it up or erase my FLAC files.  I think this is used also for any playlists.  Make sure the cable is good.  If the computer never recognizes it, you will be unable to update the software if it is older, but that may not be a bad thing, as it was one of the later updates that really slowed the PONO down in reading the cards.
I always take out the removable SD card from the PONO and put it in the computer in a SD card reader to download files from the computer to the card.  I now have several 256 GB cards, one for my classical and one for my Rock and Jazz, as the memory can remember two cards, but not more, and it can take hours for the PONO to process a new card to show the library. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up