INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to reimport with orig tags. Reimport doesn't work.  (Read 1761 times)

Nada

• Recent member
Trying to reimport with orig tags. Reimport doesn't work.
« on: September 29, 2020, 10:33:23 am »

Media Center 24 for Mac HELP on Tags needed. 

Somehow I screwed up all the tags so that many of the fields on the album are now empty and Artist name just replaces all the Track names and there are no corresponding track numbers.

I tried deleting the album and reimporting the album but all it does is reimport with those same changes.  Is there a way to get Media Center to reimport with all the right information?  Don't know what to do to restore the album info.  Quite a few tracks on this album and I would love not to have try to figure out how to restore a fresh import with the correct meta data.  Is it possible? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trying to reimport with orig tags. Reimport doesn't work.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:49:45 am »

Try restoring from a backup. 

Nada

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 10:56:36 am »

I don't have a backup. I just now imported the album, noticed that it didn't really recognize some fields and tried to manually enter tags. This left me without track identification so that the possible way I could fix this would be to listen to tracks one at a time and try to manually re-enter all the tags.

Isn't there some way to get Media Center to let go of holding on to any info and simply try a new import. It doesn't remove the meta data on the source disc does it? So way can't I just delete the album and reimport the album anew?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 11:50:14 am »

MC makes automatic backups.
Pages: [1]   Go Up