INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play different directories with different sound settings?  (Read 657 times)

vintzend

Play different directories with different sound settings?
« on: October 23, 2020, 06:25:34 pm »

Hello,

I'm quite new to Media Center. Being so happy with it, I just bought my Master license for MC27.

I don't really know where to start, this amazing program has so many options.... Hope I'm forgiven for asking noob questions.

For DSD files that my DAC supports natively, I need to use DSD Bit Streaming, while some other files require conversions. Right now I switch all the time by pressing CTRL+O, looking up the options that I need and then selecting the file.

Is there a way to tell MC27 to play files in different directories with different set of options?

Regards, Vincent

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play different directories with different sound settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 07:00:53 pm »

Thanks.  On our wiki, look at Zones and Zoneswitch.

wer

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 07:03:04 pm »

Yes.

You can route playback through different Zones (DSP Studio and Audio configurations) using ZoneSwitch, which can use rules based on any metadata, including directory.

Google "JRiver Zoneswitch" to learn more.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 06:54:39 am »

If the issue is with different sample rates for DSD files, there is an option to bitstream lower sample rate DSD files and convert higher sample rate ones to PCM. Check the  DSD bitstreaming option and then select Custom.  That avoids having to use Zoneswitch, which is a nice option but does not always work as desired in playlists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up