INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem w dBpoweramp rips  (Read 1582 times)

Swampwalker

Problem w dBpoweramp rips
« on: October 31, 2020, 12:33:36 pm »

Long time user, running MC 26 under Windows 10.  I have hundreds of successful rips using dBpoweramp with playback thru JRiver.  Lately, my rips have been "disappearing".  I get the successful rip messages and it shows that they are being saved in my Main Music Library, but when I try to play them with MC 26, they are not there.  Any suggestions?

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem w dBpoweramp rips
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 12:43:12 pm »

DbPA is incapable of saving things to your MC library.  It can only save to your filesystem.

If you are accustomed to ripping something and it automagically appears in your MC library, that just means it was saving them to a folder that MC was monitoring for Auto Import, and then MC imported them for you.

One of several things is happening:
1. You have auto import turned off. Check your settings.
2. DbPA is writing to a folder that MC is not monitoring. Either add the folder to auto import, or change where DbPA is writing them to one that is monitored.
3. DbPA is saving in a format that you've configured MC not to import.  Fix your settings.

Good luck.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem w dBpoweramp rips
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 12:44:22 pm »

Are the files there?  Can you play them?

Check your output settings in DBPowerAmp and your auto-import settings in MC.  Edit the folder to confirm you're importing the right file types.

Pages: [1]   Go Up