INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After importing MAC Library to PC MC gets stuck in loop "Analyzing Audio Disc"  (Read 1599 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.

I recently converted my MAC library to Windows. All the file and directory renaming was done carefully and worked well after I imported the MAC library to the Win Version of MC-26. Including playing and ripping CDs. However, when I save and import that library into MC-27 and insert a disc, I get the proper message "What do you want to do?" Anything I pick throws JR 27 into a continuous loop where I am constantly presented with a pop-up "Please Wait - Analyzing Optical Disc (Cancel)" I can't cancel it and any attempt to close JR-27 just gives me the option to Wait for the program to respond or Terminate the program. If I go back to JR-26, I have no problems. I have done, and re-done the conversion of the MAC library to the Windows Library (on a Windows 10-Pro machine) and to MC-27 more than once. Including uninstalling and reinstalling MC-27 (with Bitdefender UNinstalled). The problem only exists within MC-27

P.S. When I imported the MAC library I tried it two different ways 1) Including importing the settings, and 2) Without importing settings. Of course, after either of the imports I went through all the options and made any necessary corrections. For now MC-27 is unusable for me.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
Re: BUG - MC-27 Stuck in loop "Ananlyzing Audio Disc"
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 08:43:07 am »

Microsoft Steps Recorder Video attached.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 08:45:56 am »

What is the full version of MC?

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 09:05:34 am »

Sure, here ya go:

MC26-0.107
MC27-0.26
Both 64bit

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 11:56:58 am »

I started over and reloaded MC 26, restored the converted Windows URL path library and now I'm getting the same problem with MC 26. Guidance would be appreciated.

I'm wondering if any of the hardware config from the MAC, i.e. CD drive tty devices are being carried over in the library and it's confusing the win version? Is there anything I can do on the MAC side to remove any hardware specifics before I export the library from MAC, Import to Windows and then do the Rename?

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
BUMP - Re: BUG - MC-27 Stuck in loop "Ananlyzing Audio Disc"
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 01:59:50 pm »

It is worth noting that both 26 and 27 work fine with respect to reading or ripping the CD BEFORE I import the old converted MAC library. Is something getting carried over from the MAC which is messing up the Win install?

I really need some help here. My MAC is on it's last legs and I just bought a WIN 10 machine to solve the problem. I am dead in the water.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
BUMP - Re: BUG - MC-27 Stuck in loop "Ananlyzing Audio Disc"
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 02:34:48 pm »

Could this be the problem? There is a device called "Drive /:" which doesnt make any sense. How do I get rid of it in MC? Please see the attachment.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 03:31:41 pm »

Yes.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 03:50:32 pm »

Ok, "yes". So how do I fix it so I can use MC on Windows with the old library?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 05:01:44 pm »

There are a few ways to tackle this. It looks like MC is using an incorrect setting from the Mac in Windows, instead of re-detecting the optical drives in the Windows PC, as it should.

First, can you confirm that you have two optical drives in the Windows PC, designated as D: and E: in Windows Explorer? This is important.

Next, go to "Options > File Location" and just check that there aren't any unusual settings in there for any of the defined paths. I would be looking for a setting just pointing to "/" or "/:" for example. Fix any incorrect settings. If there were any to fix, restart MC, and check the "Options > CD, DVD & BD > General > CD Ripping" section again and see if the incorrect setting is still there.

The next easiest thing to try is as follows:
1. Make a Library Backup of the MC27 Library that you have. Make sure you know which backup this is, and keep it safe. Using this Library for the fix will save any changes you have made in it, but you are going to lose your settings in this installation.
2. Uninstall MC, including the Library and all settings. Reboot the PC.
3. Reinstall MC27, stop the automatic import process in the Action Window (bottom left, message and countdown) so nothing is imported, and then check the "Options > CD, DVD & BD > General > CD Ripping" section again and see if the incorrect setting is still there. It shouldn't be there. If you do have two optical drives, D: and E:, then those should be shown. If the "Drive /:" still exists stop here and report back.
4. Restore the Library from the backup you made above, but do not Restore settings.
5. Check the "Options > CD, DVD & BD > General > CD Ripping" section again and see if it points to the valid optical drive(s).

Then you will need to go through all the MC Settings again and put them back the way you want, as they will be defaults after the Restore.

Try inserting a disc into one of the drives again. Does it work now?

If that doesn't fix the issue, come back and ask for more help. This could also be fixed using the "User Settings.ini" file from a backup, or by editing the Windows Registry. The latter would save any settings you have changed in the Windows installation of MC, but has some risk involved.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 08:35:55 am »

Thank you for taking the time to detail a potential fix so clearly. Much appreciated!

Before I begin, where is the "User Settings.ini" file located, and what should I be looking for in it?

Thanks again, and stay safe.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 09:22:19 am »

I "may" have found an easier way. I set up an empty library on the PC, set all the proper file locations, and then did a manual Sync from the MAC. Everything was brought over except for the multiple custom views I created (this is documented in the Wiki regarding library sync). The sync even converted the MAC file paths tp PC paths. The only problem is that the MC libraries are still being created in the users Appdata folder. Unfortunately, recently the real-time file backup programs no longer allow backing up those directories because they consider them program files. I have to set the library location to a document accessable location so it can be backed up real time remotely.

I'll report back more later today.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 12:56:55 pm »

There is a "User Settings.ini" file is inside all Library Backup zip files. Basically, you can fix settings by extracting that file, editing it, putting it back, and then Restoring the Library Backup to MC. In your situation, you would edit out the incorrect optical drive records. But if you want or need to try that, or editing the Registry, ask for more information.

If by "manual sync' you mean using the "File > Library > Sync Library" function, I wouldn't rely on that. I think it is quite old functionality, and I'm not sure it is completely reliable. My experiments with it weren't very encouraging. Particularly when I tried more than one sync between two Libraries.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 03:00:04 pm »

I found the settings file and removed the references to the MAC cd drive. but I also found these specific MAC references:

[Dependencies\\mac_avcodec]
mac_avcodec_v14="\[App Data Path\]Plugins/mac_avcodec/"

[Dependencies\\mac_mp3_encoder]
mac_mp3_encoder_v1="\[App Data Path\]Plugins/mac_mp3_encoder/"

Do they need to be delt with as well?

Thank you again!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 03:38:19 pm »

Those probably shouldn't be there, but there were some changes enabling the "Portable Library" functionality that might have needed them to remain. As they are Mac specific they are unlikely to affect a Windows PC. I would leave them there.

Has this fixed your original problem?

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 04:00:40 pm »

Not yet. I am going to start over from scratch following your suggestions from Yesterday at 05:01:44 pm.

Your help has been invaluable and much appreciated. I'll do anything it takes to get this working as my MAC has one foot in the grave.  :-[

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
Re: BUG - MC-27 Stuck in loop "Analyzing Audio Disc"
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 03:17:26 pm »

No luck with whatever I tried. I am willing to pay JRiver, or anybody to get this library properly converted from MAC to PC. I have no other options.  :'(

If need be I can even give you remote access to the PC and the MAC. I am desperate at this point.

P.S. I don't care if you can get my MC26 or MC27 working. The MAC is currently MC26.

Thanks in advance.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2020, 06:20:51 pm »

Did you try the five step process I outlined in Reply #9?

If that didn't work, it could be that the issue is actually in Windows, and not MC. You haven't said if you actually have two optical drives.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2020, 06:31:26 pm »

Only one optical drive. It works fine prior to doing a restore of the library (either MC26 or 27). I'll try it again from scratch. May take me a few days as I'm in the middle of closing on a new house. If I get in the new house and this isn't working, the WAF is going to kick in.  ::)

In the meantime, my offer to pay for assistance for the conversion still stands.  ::)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2020, 06:43:31 pm »

Well, I don't have a Mac anymore so I can't really help with that.

But I don't think it should be necessary to convert the Library. MC for Windows should just load the Library Backup without settings and work. It sounds like something strange in your Windows setup.

How big are your Library Backup zip files? Perhaps upload one to Google Drive or similar and share a link to it. Perhaps just share the link via PM. I can have a look, but can't guarantee I will find anything.

Remote access to fix it would be problematic, as I'm in Australia, and it might be very slow.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2020, 02:48:15 pm »

Hi there,

I haven't forgotten about your continuing and gracious offers to help me out. I'm in the process of closing on a new home and moving. I will soon send you a PM with a link to these libraries to see if you can help further.

I am disappointed in JR that a developer has not stepped up to help resolve this issue and I need to impose on your time.

Original MAC library export
Export of an empty WIN library that the CD drives works fine.
Export of a WIN library where the MAC library has been imported (without settings) and the CD drive fails to function.

FYI - three things worth noting, that leads me to believe there is no problem with the CD or Win 10
1) Windows plays from the CD w/o problem
2) MC Plays from the CD before importing the MAC library
3) I even tried a second USB 3.0 CD drive with same negative results.

Best,
Jim

JimH

• Administrator
Re: MC-27 Stuck in loop "Analyzing Audio Disc"
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2020, 04:10:58 pm »

We don't generally take responsibility for data related problems.  You've made a number of changes.  Any of them could be part of the problem.  I don't think you've uncovered a bug anywhere in MC.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2020, 04:28:26 pm »

The original MAC library and machine are still running. Therefore, I'm willing to start from scratch with the working MAC library and CD device. There would be no "Significant changes" at that point. I have tried this on two Win machines with both MC26 and MC27.

I've been a loyal supporter of JRiver since V11. I would appreciate it if you would please go the extra mile and reciprocate. If necessary, I am wiling to pay to get this fixed.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2020, 04:35:10 pm »

A Library Backup from a Mac should work in a Windows installation.

Don't worry. We will get it sorted. Share your Library Backup and if that doesn't show anything, we'll resort to Registry editing and maybe some Windows bashing.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 04:40:36 pm »

Man, you are the best!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 04:51:51 pm »

You might download MC27 for Mac and move your data there first.  Then backup from MC27, then restore in Windows.  Double check your settings so you don't have any illegal file locations.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2020, 05:21:04 pm »

That is a good idea Jim. It might circumvent the need for any Windows bashing.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2020, 05:26:57 pm »

That's how I originally began. The MAC was already on MC27 when I tried to convert the library to Win, I rolled it back to see if MC 26 would fix it. However. I have good local and remote copies of the libraries so I can easily revert to the original MC26 to the MC27 update.

Thanks!

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2020, 02:03:08 pm »

Just wanted to update you guys. I'm in the process of moving. I'm going to try and get this working before I get into the new home completely to eliminate any additional factors.

Thanks for your patience.

Please stay safe!

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2020, 06:18:08 pm »

Just wanted to update you guys. I'm in the process of moving. I'm going to try and get this working before I get into the new home completely to eliminate any additional factors.

Thanks for your patience.

Please stay safe!

Hey all, please have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving. I'm still moving and have not been able to get back to this. Fear not, it is still alive.
🦃🦃

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2020, 03:49:20 pm »

Hey guys. I'm finally moved and ready to tackle this again. This is the current state of the Mac and PC

• Mac running MC 27 V27.0.35
  • PC running MV 27 V27.0.26 (empty library)

I have not exported or imported the Mac library or updated the path names. Basically Mac V27 is production and the PC V27 is a  empty new install. What would be the best steps to re-start the migration? I know there have been suggestions in the past, but I wanted to start from scratch so there would be no assumption or possibility of "a number of changes.  Any of them could be part of the problem."

Thanks in advance!

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2020, 09:35:11 am »

Hi Guys,

I'm still trying to get this working so we can have some music for the holidays. The MAC is on its last legs. To get around the problem, I'm trying to do a library sync to the PC from the MAC. It's going to take a while because the sync method transfers all the music files as well as the library. The MAC currently points to the files on a NAS drive. What I'm planning to do:

1) Transfer (sync) the library from the MAC to a new library on the PC (along with music files for now)
2) Check if JR works on the PC, ripping, reading a CD, etc.
3) Change the file paths in the PC Library to point back to the NAS (where the music files are originally stored)
4) Repeat checking #2 above
5) Delete the now no longer needed music files from the PC.
6) Disable network media options on the MAC MC
7) Shutdown the MAC

If anyone can think of an easier way I'm all ears. By the way, very sore ears due to the WAF!
It's beyond me that importing a MAC library to a PC jams up the CD drive. I even deleted the settings file from a backup of the MAC before restoring it to the PC. BTW - the CD and JR work fine on the PC before the MAC library restore. I have tried this on more than one PC with the same results. :(

avpman

• Galactic Citizen

Hi Guys,

I'm still trying to get this working so we can have some music for the holidays. The MAC is on its last legs. To get around the problem, I'm trying to do a library sync to the PC from the MAC. It's going to take a while because the sync method transfers all the music files as well as the library. The MAC currently points to the files on a NAS drive. What I'm planning to do:

1) Transfer (sync) the library from the MAC to a new library on the PC (along with music files for now)
2) Check if JR works on the PC, ripping, reading a CD, etc.
3) Change the file paths in the PC Library to point back to the NAS (where the music files are originally stored)
4) Repeat checking #2 above
5) Delete the now no longer needed music files from the PC.
6) Disable network media options on the MAC MC
7) Shutdown the MAC

If anyone can think of an easier way I'm all ears. By the way, very sore ears due to the WAF!
It's beyond me that importing a MAC library to a PC jams up the CD drive. I even deleted the settings file from a backup of the MAC before restoring it to the PC. BTW - the CD and JR work fine on the PC before the MAC library restore. I have tried this on more than one PC with the same results. :(

RESOLVED using the steps above. Certainly, a convoluted way to fix the inability to import a MAC library to a PC. Just glad I only have to do it once. I would think JR would be interested in having a copy of the MAC library and try to duplicate the problem in case others run into the same issue?

@RoderickGI THANKS for reaching out to help!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

You're welcome. Sorry I didn't come back and help some more. I've been a bit distracted.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen

You're welcome. Sorry I didn't come back and help some more. I've been a bit distracted.

@RoderickGI - No worries bud. Difficult time of year to deal with stuff like this anyway with so much else a mess. Thank you for engaging in the first place.

Stay safe and have a Happy New Year!
Pages: [1]   Go Up