INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic library backup stopped working  (Read 669 times)

Karrma

• Recent member
Automatic library backup stopped working
« on: November 12, 2020, 05:13:17 pm »

I have old automatic library backups from JRiver 21, 24, my first two versions of JRiver.  There are none from JRiver 25, nor 26 until yesterday, so I do not have a good backup to use.  Not sure what happened, as I do not think I ever changed these settings intentionally, and do remember having automatic backups checked when I went through the settings.  With problems with the library, and planning to do a restore of old library, what are my options now? Last automatic backup 3/19/2019. 

I am also having problems when ripping the CDs on this computer, for approximately that same time, late 2019. Today when I tried to rip a CD on JRiver on this computer (Dell Latitude E5530, running Windows 10) I got two messages.  One is a windows notice " Virus and Threat Protection. Unauthorized changes blocked Controlled folder access blocked C:\...\Media Center 26...from making changes to memory.  I have to say I do not remember seeing this prior to today, so wonder if it is a fairly new Microsoft problem.  The second is more longstanding.  Information. The output directory could not be created for one or more files.  Please double-check the output directory in the ripping options.  Nothing seems to be off in the Tools Options CD, DVD & BD section. 

Most recently when I ripped some CDs to a file on JRiver 26 on my other computer, making sure the metadata was put in, the album name did not fill in when importing these files to JRiver library. 

Help please.  What is the best way to proceed, and why is my computer not doing automatic library backups?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Automatic library backup stopped working
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 05:42:30 pm »

Search for *.zip in Explorer.  They're probably in a different location.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automatic library backup stopped working
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 05:56:02 pm »

Read https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127528.msg884634.html#msg884634 You will find you have lots of recent backups.

The Microsoft Defender "Controlled Folder" functionality is relatively recent. A Windows update may have forced that on. You will probably need to turn that off for the MC26 directory, or maybe off completely. Also see the "Taming Windows Defender" thread for information on preventing Defender from doing bad things.

Check settings in "Options > File Location" for the default directory CD rips are sent to. Something has changed, and needs to be fixed. It needs to point to a directory where sub-directories can be created. This may also be an issue caused by Defender Controlled Folders. If CD rips are being sent to a location that is set as a Controlled Folder, MC won't be able to create the required sub-directories.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up