INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use my Mac Mini as (DAC)client?  (Read 1620 times)

djeedjee

Use my Mac Mini as (DAC)client?
« on: November 14, 2020, 03:55:33 am »

I'm a newby with JRiver.... I have MC26 running on Windows, a computer I take over from my Mac Mini with Microsoft Remote Desktop to work with.
The sound of this computer comes to my Mac through this Remote Desktop, that's also true for JRiver. But the sound is not as good as I hoped for... If I play the same musicfile locally on my Mac Mini, the sound is much better.

What I want is to use my Mac Mini to play the musicfiles from JRiver from my Windows PC locally (like a client on a iPhone or iPad) or use my Mac Mini as a software DAC. The sound output of my Mac Mini goes to another digital system with a USB-connection --> RME Digiface USB --> Devialet Reactor digital speakers.

I don't want to move JRiver to the Mac Mini, I want it to stay on the Windows Machine, play the music files from there and send it to the Mac Mini as a endpoint.
So, what are the best options to get this done?

Thnx in advance!
Djeedjee

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Use my Mac Mini as (DAC)client?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 06:59:44 am »

MC26 isn't sold any longer, so it would be good to switch to MC27 before you go any further.

Then read about Media Network on our wiki.  You need to have MC installed on both machines.

djeedjee

Re: Use my Mac Mini as (DAC)client?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 02:08:26 pm »

Thnx JimH!
Upgraded to MC27, on Windows ánd Mac. Found the article on how to act like a client on the Mac..
Didn't work at first, had to assign the right channels to the RME Digiface USB interface and now it works like a charm!!

Djeedjee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up