INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Art Folders  (Read 955 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Album Art Folders
« on: November 21, 2020, 10:16:49 pm »

Hi there, a couple of versions ago a neat feature was added to store album art with the album in a standard named folder. Access by right click on the album and hitting "View Extras". This is where your can scan place files of the CD books, actual album covers (although a bit hard to get on the scanner  :)). This way the album art stays in audio and does not appear littering up the display in the Images section of JRiver. I am not talking about the Cover Art folder as part of AppData.

Now I would like to standardise these various folders that I have. When this function was added there was a shout to add this, add that to the folder names allowed. Some I have as Album Art, some Cover Art.

Can one of the developers list out the folder names that are recognised for View Extras? I want to see what the options are, and avoid using the wrong name in some cases. This feature is not outlined in the documentation.

Thanks
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Art Folders
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 11:39:06 pm »

Well, I'm not a developer, but I made this summary of the View Extras functionality some time back. I don't think it has changed since then, but you could search the Release Notes to see if it mentioned after these changes.

I note that you have imported these "Asset" files into MC. You don't need to do that, and shouldn't, if you are going to use the "View Extras" functionality.

Here is a bit of a summary history of the View Extras functionality, as of June 2018:

View Extras functionality

22.0.21 (8/24/2016)
4. NEW: When files have sidecar images, PDF files, or documents, they'll be shown in a "View Extras" submenu to open each individual file.
22.0.22 (8/29/2016)
2. Changed: Add text files to the list of "View Extras" files.
22.0.23 (8/31/2016)
1. NEW: Added HTM and HTML to the list of sidecars shown by the new View Extras menu.
3. Fixed: The View Extras menu in images would show all the images in the same folder.
5. Changed: Sidecar searching for the "View Extras" menu also looks in subfolders called "Extras", "Scans", "PDF", "PDFs", "Booklet", "Art", "Artwork", "Cover", "Covers", "Cover Scan", or "Cover Scans".
22.0.24 (9/2/2016)
2. Changed: When viewing a sidecar image with the View Extras menu, it will add all the images it found to the current playlist so you can switch between them like normal image playback.
3. Changed: Added the extension to the list of View Extras menu choices.
22.0.27 (9/19/2016)
1. NEW: Added the option "View Cover Art" to the View Extras menu.
22.0.30 (9/22/2016)
1. Changed: Added the subfolder "Album Artworks" to the View Extras search.
22.0.96 (4/3/2017)
1. Changed: Added RTF to the list of extensions the View Extras menu searches for.
22.0.98 (4/10/2017)
3. Fixed: RTF files in the View Extras menu weren't opening.
23.0.2 (6/9/2017)
1. NEW: The View extras menu looks for a zip file named "Artwork.zip" and shows the artwork in the zip file if it exists.

File Types Supported:
PDF, Documents (for example: doc, docx, docm, odt), Text, HTM, HTML, RTF, "Artwork.zip", jpg, png
File types jpg and png are viewed within MC. All other files types are opened with the default Windows application, as defined by File Type Associations.
Note: Artwork.zip is only opened with the contents presented for viewing if the zip file is in the same directory as the audio files, and won't be opened if it is in one of the Extras sub-directories.
Not supported: mht, wps, xml, xps, bmp, tif, gif,

Folders Searched:
 "Extras", "Scans", "PDF", "PDFs", "Booklet", "Art", "Artwork", "Cover", "Covers", "Cover Scan",  "Cover Scans", "Album Artworks"
Note: These folders are not moved by the RM&CF function, regardless of the "Move all non-imported files in folder with selected media files". flag.

Special Function:
"View Cover Art", which views the Cover Art image MC knows about, in the same way that "right-click > Cover Art > View (first file)" does.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:46:06 am »

Thanks RoderickGI, I have written down those folder names. I have been using "Cover Art" which seems to work but is not in that list. Perhaps there are a few others?

David
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 02:49:20 am »

There could be others. I haven't searched the Release Notes, and that list was created in June 2018.

I vaguely remember a discussion about including "Cover Art". I might need to update my list.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Sparrow

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 09:39:02 am »

Slightly alllied to this subject, if I import a new audio file/folder but it doesn't automatically import the cover art, I can right-click the folder and choose 'Cover art - Add from file'. The file types then shown for 'Image Files' include .jpg etc. Is it possible to add a file type, namely .webp? Not terribly important as I can copy & past the file name itself into the selection box, but the reason for this question is that BBC Music Magazine has recently changed the file type of their album covers to .webp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up