INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.34  (Read 10960 times)

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.34
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2021, 05:27:52 am »

Thanks. I know, I’m just looking forward to the display issue fix to happen soon...

HeweyBoy

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2021, 04:06:30 pm »

Received an email from JRiver today about exciting new things happening within the program. And then I read this:

“JRemote for iOS
A lot of work has been done recently to improve display on different models of iPhones.  Most problems should be fixed now.”

Um, it is most definitely not fixed. You can’t see the search bar, when adding text, and you can’t see the song title name at the top in now playing mode. Basically, since the last updat the ratio display is way off and I’m not holding my breath on a fix. It’s just disappointing cause it is a great app and my most used.

But most problems are not fixed.

I agree.
I received the same email this morning and thought exactly the the same as you.
JRemote was also my favourite app until the last update.
I currently have a 3 month (Black Friday) free trial of Roon, and I have to say, the mobile app (iPad and iPhone) are both superb.
My free trial will last until end of Feb. If JRemote not fixed and repaired by then I will have no hesitation paying for Roon, even if it does cost £80 for 12 months!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2021, 04:15:58 pm »

Just uploaded a new beta.
It fixes the notch issues on the simulator and with my iPhone 12.
It also fixes the placement of the search bar and bottom spacing on iPads without a home button.

Dealing with light theme in dark mode is still an issue I'm working on.

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2021, 05:22:15 pm »

Thanks. The top looks better in the now playing screen on my iPhone 11. The copy could maybe come down just a little bit though. But search bar still not working when you type into it you can barely see the words typed. See screenshot.

But it’s looking better!

Thanks,
Spence

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2021, 05:41:38 pm »

I think it would be nice to move all the copy from the top down a bit including the album image. See my screenshot showing my Roon app screenshot. And the beta JRemote screenshot showing what it currently looks like. I think the copy would look better moved down from the top and the image centered better.

Thanks!
Spence

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2021, 07:45:04 pm »

Thanks. The top looks better in the now playing screen on my iPhone 11. The copy could maybe come down just a little bit though. But search bar still not working when you type into it you can barely see the words typed. See screenshot.

But it’s looking better!

Thanks,
Spence
Looks like I overlooked the floating search.
The one in the left Nav menu is fixed.

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2021, 08:00:06 pm »

Oh, the global search. I typically search by artist or album. Good work though. Hopefully it’ll be working correctly soon.

Appreciate it!

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2021, 03:12:11 pm »

I’m still a newbie on JRemote iOS, so excuse me if this has been discussed before.

I don’t find the Bio information to be very useful. What would work great for me would be linking to the Wikipedia page for the album playing, if one exists, like I have the MC27 link set up.

Anyone else who’d find this useful?

wer

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2021, 09:30:37 pm »

Bob, any idea when the issues with JRemote and an MC server with hidden zones will finally be resolved?

With 334, it doesn't crash any more against my server with hidden zones (thank you!), but when App follows Server is on, JRemote will not change to some zones when ZoneSwitch on the server plays to a different zone. At that point, JRemote becomes very sluggish, even when scrolling, and now playing in JRemote doesn't update (because it's the wrong zone).  If I tap JRemote to play a different track, which causes ZoneSwitch to switch back to the zone JRemote still erroneously thinks is active, then JRemote becomes speedy again, and playing now in JRemote updates correctly.

But JRemote just won't follow the server to certain zones. If I manually change zones in JRemote to the active server zone, then it works and I see what's playing now.  But I have to go to the zone manually in JRemote: it won't follow the server there.

Thanks for your efforts and the fixes so far, I do appreciate it, but all is not well yet.

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2021, 08:16:31 am »

Hey. The JRemote beta update for my iPhone 11 is working great! Search is fixed! And the aspect ratio looks good too.

Testing looks good and I appreciate the hard work.

Thanks,
Spence

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:16 am »

One thing I noticed. I use "light" view for the app. At night it's changing to "dark" view and then in the morning it stays on "dark" view. I actually like the dark view for evening viewing but would prefer it changes to "light" during the day. Not a huge deal as I may prefer "dark" for all viewing as I've never used that setting before. I'm sure it's some odd setting since other apps like my "messages" turn to dark view during the evening and back to light view in the day. I'd love JRemote to work that way too.

Just some feedback.

Thanks,
Spencer

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2021, 09:11:30 am »

One thing I noticed. I use "light" view for the app. At night it's changing to "dark" view and then in the morning it stays on "dark" view. I actually like the dark view for evening viewing but would prefer it changes to "light" during the day. Not a huge deal as I may prefer "dark" for all viewing as I've never used that setting before. I'm sure it's some odd setting since other apps like my "messages" turn to dark view during the evening and back to light view in the day. I'd love JRemote to work that way too.

Just some feedback.

Thanks,
Spencer
Thanks, I'm working on that. I'd like it to follow the system settings automatically but haven't figured out how to do that yet.

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2021, 09:34:24 am »

Cool. Appreciate your hard work in this!

rolandas2012

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2021, 03:56:01 am »

Hi,
could somebody help me and answer if it is possible to send song to certain playlist using JRemote ios on Ipad?

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2021, 08:16:04 am »

Hi,
could somebody help me and answer if it is possible to send song to certain playlist using JRemote ios on Ipad?

yes - though it's not the most intuitive UI for doing so.

if you have a song playing, clicking the "Play" icon in the upper right and JRemote will show your current playlist.  click the "Edit" button at the top, and a "-" icon will appear next to each item in the current list.  If you click "-", you'll see a list of options for the song, +Playlist -Playlist Delete.  Click "+Playlist" and you can add to an existing or create a new playlist.

Note that if you click the "S" icon at the top to just add a new playlist, this fails for me.

I'd post some images but can't at the moment; but I did test and it does work.

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

wer

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2021, 12:25:58 pm »

Bob, any thoughts on this?

Bob, any idea when the issues with JRemote and an MC server with hidden zones will finally be resolved?

With 334, it doesn't crash any more against my server with hidden zones (thank you!), but when App follows Server is on, JRemote will not change to some zones when ZoneSwitch on the server plays to a different zone. At that point, JRemote becomes very sluggish, even when scrolling, and now playing in JRemote doesn't update (because it's the wrong zone).  If I tap JRemote to play a different track, which causes ZoneSwitch to switch back to the zone JRemote still erroneously thinks is active, then JRemote becomes speedy again, and playing now in JRemote updates correctly.

But JRemote just won't follow the server to certain zones. If I manually change zones in JRemote to the active server zone, then it works and I see what's playing now.  But I have to go to the zone manually in JRemote: it won't follow the server there.

Thanks for your efforts and the fixes so far, I do appreciate it, but all is not well yet.

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2021, 02:22:44 pm »

iPhone XR / iOS 14.4
JRemote crashes upon open every time it connects to my server.
Reinstalled with same issue.

rolandas2012

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2021, 03:47:37 pm »

thank you very much for your answer :)   see below

everything is working as you described. But further  could you explain is it possible to send  from JRemote to playlist not one single  song but all the songs from album , or at least more than one song at once?  because it is very time assuming to do this operations with separate song

thank you very much
Rolandas

yes - though it's not the most intuitive UI for doing so.

if you have a song playing, clicking the "Play" icon in the upper right and JRemote will show your current playlist.  click the "Edit" button at the top, and a "-" icon will appear next to each item in the current list.  If you click "-", you'll see a list of options for the song, +Playlist -Playlist Delete.  Click "+Playlist" and you can add to an existing or create a new playlist.

Note that if you click the "S" icon at the top to just add a new playlist, this fails for me.

I'd post some images but can't at the moment; but I did test and it does work.

wer

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2021, 03:59:48 pm »

Rolandas, tap and hold on an album, and a menu will pop up allowing you to play the whole thing.

rolandas2012

• Recent member
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2021, 12:32:51 pm »

I do not want to listen albums. I want to send album to specific play list (which I made in advance)
Idea is that when I use Remote and listening songs I want to send that album to certain play list in order to fill play list with my favorable songs 

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2021, 12:45:39 pm »

iPhone XR / iOS 14.4
JRemote crashes upon open every time it connects to my server.
Reinstalled with same issue.

Happens to me as well. I’m m hoping the new version would f JRemote fixes this.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2021, 01:03:16 pm »

Is this a new issue with 14.4?

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2021, 01:18:47 pm »

I believe so.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2021, 01:42:16 pm »

I believe so.
Are you on the beta tester list? It would be interesting to see if the 3.35 beta fixes it for you...

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2021, 07:32:26 pm »

I’ve seen it happen in the past but not nearly as frequently since the last version pushed to the App Store. Happens multiple times a day now.

rolandas2012

• Recent member
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2021, 08:12:14 am »

Hi ,

is it possible to send  from JRemote to certain (not to Playing Now list)  playlist not one single  song but all the songs from album , or at least more than one song at once?  because it is very time assuming to do this operations with separate song
In this way I` d like to assign my albums to diferent play lists

thank you very much
Rolandas

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2021, 08:58:31 am »

I’ve seen it happen in the past but not nearly as frequently since the last version pushed to the App Store. Happens multiple times a day now.
Are you on the beta list? If so have you tried that?
I saw it some too in 3.34. It appears to be gone in the beta. I suspect it was an issue with the VS for Mac version 3.34 was built with because that was updated when I made the 3.35 build.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2021, 09:54:24 am »

Are you on the beta list? If so have you tried that?
I saw it some too in 3.34. It appears to be gone in the beta. I suspect it was an issue with the VS for Mac version 3.34 was built with because that was updated when I made the 3.35 build.

I am not on the beta list but would love be and happy to spend the time to test and provide feedback!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2021, 10:02:16 am »

I am not on the beta list but would love be and happy to spend the time to test and provide feedback!
It looks like I sent you an invitation on Nov 25 to the email address associated with your forum entry.
I'll resend it...

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2021, 10:14:09 am »

My apologies Bob. I didn't realize that. I had been checking the Interact personal messages. I just double checked and the email on my Interact profile is no longer in use. I can't believe I've been here since 2004!

I just updated the email address on my profile. Thank you!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2021, 10:24:33 am »

My apologies Bob. I didn't realize that. I had been checking the Interact personal messages. I just double checked and the email on my Interact profile is no longer in use. I can't believe I've been here since 2004!

I just updated the email address on my profile. Thank you!
Wow, that's a long time!
Invite resent.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2021, 10:46:23 am »

Thanks Bob! Just tested it out on iPhone X. Looking much better and no crashing so far! I sent you some screenshots with feedback about a few layout issues. I'll test on my iPad pro later tonight.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2021, 11:00:32 am »

Thanks everyone for the screenshots and crash info.
Will see if I can get another beta out to address some of the issues.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2021, 11:02:53 am »

Hi ,

is it possible to send  from JRemote to certain (not to Playing Now list)  playlist not one single  song but all the songs from album , or at least more than one song at once?  because it is very time assuming to do this operations with separate song
In this way I` d like to assign my albums to diferent play lists

thank you very much
Rolandas
Swipe from left to right on the track and the +/- playlist option will show up.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2021, 04:16:07 pm »

I just updated to iOS 14.4 on my iPhone 10.  Latest beta does not crash.  Will try my iPad pro this weekend and report back...

Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2021, 05:14:06 pm »

I’m also using the latest JRemote beta app version 3.35. I just updated to iOS 14.4 on my iPhone 11 and the beta app is working great!!

Thanks,
Spence

rolandas2012

• Recent member
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2021, 03:50:07 am »

Swipe from left to right on the track and the +/- playlist option will show up.
Hi ,
 I mean I want to send to playlist not ONE separate track, but whole  album . Is it possible to do ?
thanks

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2021, 02:31:46 pm »

I just updated to iOS 14.4 on my iPhone 10.  Latest beta does not crash.  Will try my iPad pro this weekend and report back...

No issues on the iPad pro iPadOS 14.4.

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2021, 04:09:25 pm »

Are you on the beta tester list? It would be interesting to see if the 3.35 beta fixes it for you...
I am not. Please send the invite. Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2021, 04:58:48 pm »

I am not. Please send the invite. Thanks!
Done

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2021, 05:01:25 pm »

Done
Thank you. I’ve installed the beta and had the same crash upon open. Submitted a crash report.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2021, 05:07:15 pm »

Thank you. I’ve installed the beta and had the same crash upon open. Submitted a crash report.
Is that with a fresh DB?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2021, 05:14:44 pm »

The crash report doesn't contain a dump. It's like the program never ran.
Not even a splash screen??
Is there something unusual about your configuration? VPN?? Maybe reboot??

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2021, 06:44:07 pm »

Is that with a fresh DB?
It works now after uninstalling it and reinstalling from TestFlight. I tried this before the beta from the App Store, but it still crashed.
Thank you Bob!

new2hifi

• Recent member
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2021, 02:01:35 pm »

From iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS14.4

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2021, 06:45:05 pm »

From iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS14.4
Are you testing the 3.35 beta?

new2hifi

• Recent member
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2021, 10:20:11 pm »

Are you testing the 3.35 beta?

No, I am using the 3.34. Are only beta tester are reporting here?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2021, 08:17:36 am »

Try the beta.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2021, 08:40:05 am »

No, I am using the 3.34. Are only beta tester are reporting here?
The thread has kind of evolved into a 3.35 beta. I can add you to the beta testers list if you wish.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2021, 11:41:33 am »

The thread has kind of evolved into a 3.35 beta. I can add you to the beta testers list if you wish.

I'd be interested in testing as well. I already have TestFlight on my 8 Plus.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up